Deficiency or disease?

Southerncough

Greetings growers!
So I have an issue that I originally shrugged off as neglect or just a sickly plant/genetics and tossed the plant with the mentality of "it's okay, I've got some others growing perpetually behind her... until I started seeing similar problems on otherwise healthy plants which now has me worried. researching photos online I started to think I had a P or K deficiency, but am using a good dose of quality nutrients (Dynagro Grow, Bloom, Protekt, etc) and am supplementing with CalMag, microbes (recharge and Mammoth P) and PH is always below 7.0
Not to mention our water is already really hard, so no way it could be a Calcium deficiency. Maybe my feeding program is too little or much, but I'm I starting to wonder if it was a fungus or virus?
It seems when a leaf reaches full size, half of it turns brown and crispy, then the whole leaf shrivels up. I pull the leaf, and then the next, and the next until I have a plant with only small leaves that can't produce a full size flower.
Don't think it's light burn as they're 18" under chinese LED's on 12/12. If anything they could probably use more light?
Also, I scope each leaf I remove for pests and no signs of mites, etc

Please HELP and thank you for your time! I'm really not sure which way to go at this point?

hmmm...I was thinking that or a flush. Spoke to my local grow shop and he thought it could be calcium deficiency or LED light burn. But then again he's been trying to sell me a 315 LEC LOL. Starting to see the same on my outdoor strawberry and tomato plants which made me think it may be a fungus, but could also make sense for a deficiency if I'm feeding those outdoor plants my indoor garden runoff, etc.

1-2 times per week depending, usually Mondays and Fridays +/-
For veg plants...
DynaGro Grow 5ml/gal
Silicone 5ml/gal
Calmag 5ml/gal
Canna zyme 5ml/gal
Canna Rhizotonic 5ml/gal (from clone through 2nd transplant)
recharge 1 tsp/gal
mammoth p 3-5 ml/gal
ph 5.8-7.0 varies

For Bloom...
Dynagro Bloom 5ml/gal
silicone 5ml/gal
calmag 5 ml/gal
recharge 1tsp/gal
mammoth p 3-5 ml/gal
ph 5.8-7.0 varies

for the PH I just realized last week that my pen was around .4 out of calibration, hence "varies" up until last week, since then I've been using ph 6.0

Thanks!
Have been thinking about doing a small flood/drain setup with some black storage totes, but have a Thai plant in a SCROG that I've already snapped a branch on when messing with it.
Attempting a perpetual SOG with some indicas Hindu Kush now, followed by some great white shark that's in veg and then some mango that I'm still cloning/sexing. Would like to have it dialed in to a favorite strain and then the thai should be done and I can fill my bloom cabinet with a two week harvest cycle, etc.
In a perpetual flood/drain SOG would be open to running fabric pots or freestanding rockwool hugo cubes, etc. Just like that I can rinse/reset the coco if things get out of hand, etc. and there's a little bit of buffer if I miss a day of handwatering, etc.

So...slept on it over the week and today I set up a little $35 ebb/flow system.
Seems to work well and will definitely keep them watered daily no matter what I'm doing.
I purposely left an empty space to the right so when my thai plant to finishes up I can set up a small second one that I can use to flush plants with plain water during their last days. Kinda let them move from left to right, etc.
I like that the cement mixing tub is heavy duty plastic, however not crazy about the tapered bottom. May either fill it halfway with clay pebbles/hydroton to get a little more width or keep looking for a better tub with a wider bottom.

Back
Top Bottom