Defoliation during flowering for greater yields!

I was thinking of doing just that but it is already 2 feet tall and in a 2 gallon pot with soil. I may take it out in the back yard and hose it off tonight. thanks for the tip. so far, I haven't found any mites on any of the other plants. I have been spraying pyrethrum on them daily for the last three days and the mites I find are getting smaller and fewer in numbers. I have not seen any webs anywhere either.

here she is after another trim this morning. I also did some super cropping to get some lst and more light to the lower portion of the plant.

blue_dream_thinned.jpg

MR

well 2 days after giving her the hose, I can't find a single mite. I will be checking daily for a few more days though to be sure. thanks for the great tip lngtimepro.

MR

Max, she looks like a wet dog! I hope you got all the little fuckers. New plants and clones should be quarantined and if you get infested you need to sterilize and start over or you will have spidermites forever.
Anyway...since I'm using the SCROG method I defoliate the underside of the plant and leave everything up top that's healthy and isn't shading another budding site.

Pardon the shitty flip phone camera, it's all I have to work with until the crop comes in.
Scrog_0423140344.jpg

scrog_0423140344a.jpg

I took a couple of clones during flower last run and I will not do it again. One cutting grew to 40+ inches tall and yielded about a quarter pound. No where near the quality of her mother and the other plant wouldn't get past 14 inches or so. Plus it takes a long time to get roots. I learned to plan ahead with cloning.. Even though I suck at cloning.

Shit; Well I needed to plan ahead a little better also. :( I'm guessing you have to wait a week after taking a clipping for a clone before switching to 12/12 then?

Shouldn't a clone be a clone once it roots? Provided it's in the same environment.

I think that plants go through hormone changes when in flower. And then you are changing them back into veg mode. Heck, people sometimes go crazy when hormones change. It may work fine for some but my one experience tells me that if I had cloned it 2 weeks earlier it MAY have turned out better. Around here it is pretty easy to get clones so I can get some if mine fail.

I just really need to flower as soon as possible but would also like to take at least one clone. Will a little snip a few days before or just into flower stress her out to much and make her turn into a male?

As far as cloning during flower...I took clones about 4 days into 12/12 when they were showing first lowers because I needed some more plants for an outdoor grow starting in about a month and at first they were thriving, but now after 2 weeks back in 24 hour veg...not so much. I'll report back on them.

As far as cloning during flower...I took clones about 4 days into 12/12 when they were showing first lowers because I needed some more plants for an outdoor grow starting in about a month and at first they were thriving, but now after 2 weeks back in 24 hour veg...not so much. I'll report back on them.

it's no secret that they will experience a great deal of shock when treated in such a way. it's not impossible, but it's not the best way.

MR

I took the clones at day 4 from necessity and as an experiment of sorts, but then I got to searching for more info and found this:
What is a flowering clone?

Unless you have a very aggressive strain you should have no problem at 4 days into 12/12. Highly unlikely the plant has changed enough to effect your clones. Most of my clones have big white single hairs all through veg. My strain takes two to 3 weeks to start showing production.

I checked their little bottoms earlier tonite and was a little surprised to find one of the clones taken at day 5 of flower had some lice little roots going since...day14? This is only my third batch of clones and the other two batches of cuttings took three weeks to show the same result. HOWEVER this was only 1 out of 6 that showed roots. Surprisingly a clone took from a vegging plant taken the same day has some tiny rooks poking through alreadytoo. All of the clones cut during flower seem to be reverting to vegetative stage.
Clones_from_flowering_0424141946a.jpg

Clone_roots_0424141946b.jpg

Hey MR I am in the same position as you are. I am also a HUGE fan of aero and it was what I ran with when I use to grow a years back we are talking over 10 years ago. It was state of the art computer controlled and completely closed in environment with back up power and 200 plants Dutch Passion seed stock. Anyway I am designing to new grow since I live in the freedom state of beautiful COLORADO. I have neither the funds nor the space so I am designing my grow cabinet/closet. I'm doing SOG that's without debate. My question to you anyone else should I go aero or go with DWC? Max since you are a fan of aero how is DWC treating you? I leaning towards aero for it was I know and have had incredible success but I feel it is a bit ambitious for such a confined grow. I am being too stubborn?

Back
Top Bottom