4000W - 6 Plant - Defoliation Grow

skwauk12

Hello420/ I have been a grower for 20 yrs ...specializing in extreme growing technique- ( cropping/ defoliation for large yeilds. I am a medical grower now so I decided to come up from the underworld..lol..a quick rundown of my set up

Strains:

Northern lights # 1
Og kush
Day wrecker
Big bud

The room is 9 wide by 8 deep by 8 ft ceilings..

4- 1000 watt hps lights-
Brand new hortilux bulbs
Using house n garden coco
Advanced nutrients master growers line
House n garden amino acid
Current permanent temps: 78° lights on/ 65° lights off..
Average height of plants r 38 inches tall... 90 inches around..each plant has an average of 30-40 main colas...the plants r currently on day 8 of flowering and have developed buds already. ..i will post pictures when I can....
One more thing,, I do heavy defoliation and plants r bare by week 6////

KIMG0401.jpg
KIMG0403.jpg
KIMG0402.jpg

These photos r from day two flowering....the bud shot is today...8 days flowering..tons of pistils, already a large m&m size bud forming.

Golden opportunity for knowledge, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see what you do!

Is your main method defoliation or what other things have you tried? Curious to hear about these other extreme methods. Based off your experience what's your average increase in yield heavy defoliating them compared to not? I'm on my first indoor medical grow using soil, been considering topping, scrogging and LST on a few to get a feel for it but there's a lot of stuff I'm still pretty uncomfortable trying on a large scale. Interested to see yours.

Sub'd.

Looks interesting.

Did I get this right you veg them for 5 weeks ?
When did you top and defoliation ?

What light schedule do you use in veg ?

I veg em for 5-6 weeks, I start snapping and taking leaves from day one of veg, they r very small. I do no necessarily top"// I selectively make cuts and breaks to promote intense growth..but mostly the benefit is sturdy, vigorous stalks, stems and roots..

KIMG0474.jpg
KIMG0465.jpg

Day 13 flower...I did a pretty thick trim, I will now back off nutes for a few days..they suffer no shock and lose no bud time, this is achieved only through proper rootzone preparation.

I have done many side by sides...no comparison...proper defoliation with the right strains and proper conditions will increase yield by up to 100%// I've got 80/90 harvests under my belt, no less than 4k watts..but for great yields comes a lot of work and dedication

Back
Top Bottom