Defoliation during flowering for greater yields!

I will be doing only LIGHT defol this run, a few of my plants are mainlined so my method calls for defol in the first place, I've already started stripping off larf nodes but kept the leaves, its a week before flip so I'm going to take out everything that isnt getting light.

IMAG033719.jpg

Wow, you really stripped her bare. Will be interesting to see what happens. Good luck.

It's been 24 hours since that heavy haircut and the plants are doing good, better air circulation and the resin production seems to have increased somewhat. So far so good. Good or bad results I will post.

I have been defoliating since just before going to flowering cycle and I have done so twice since then and by allowing the light to hit all the bud sights they have developed great budding growth. I am using a 2'x2'x4' grow cabinet and they are under a 600w HPS HID/they were veg'd for a longer period under a 600w MH HID lamp. This is my first grow in this unit and I could really use the learning experience from what you have to share, I am inexperienced at defoliation for this purpose. With what you can teach us I feel that it would help me dial in the defoliation process in order to increase both yield and potency. I want to learn how to do it better and dial it in, thanks' for your post and I would appreciate learning from you.

So its been a week, and they seemed to just be shocked for a day maybe two. Though first time doing such heavy defoliation, i noticed, that i had to lower the ppm immediately, i was getting nutrient burn on my tips, where i wasn't before. the resin production skyrocketed, and many of my bud sites developed at a good rate- where they would have been covered before. and i recommend leaving a bit more than just sugar leafs, i left like 10-15 percent of my fan leaves and they helped me indicate problems, while my sugar bud leafs developed. all in all i would do it again, though i wont get a definite answer until i'm done with my grow.

P10005883.JPG
P10005892.JPG

You can see the budsites developed in the lower branches very nicely
the frost level is going up
overall satisfied
you can see the nute burn on the tips, anyone considering heavy defoliation i would recommend dropping ppm 50-60 percent
my baby could handle 1600 before like a champ im at 1000 and considering dropping a bit more.
i defoliated heavily 12 plants, 11 responded greatly
on the 12th plant i did 90-95 percent of fan leave removal and the plant hasnt recovered. So she's a goner pretty much
I'll try keep you guys updated

I defoliate about a week before the flip and then again about 3 weeks into 12/12. Have a look at my journal. Plants were defoliated on monday.

I defoliate about a week before the flip and then again about 3 weeks into 12/12. Have a look at my journal. Plants were defoliated on monday.

Looking at your most recent pics I was like... "Huh? TheBlaze just defoliated?" I love defol because the plants bounce back insanely quickly and always look better for the wear.

I just completed an Exodus Cheese & White Rhino, Greenhouse Seeds, and have 6 clones along with 6 clones of White Rhino in the cabinet now under 12/12/. I did a defoliation a few weeks prior to 12/12 and just did another last week at day 21 of flower.
I will tell you the EC is one of the best highs I have grow in awhile. Love it. Keeping this mother.
Exodus Cheese
20160204_101104.jpg

White Rhino Left, Exodus Cheese Right
20160203_190311.jpg

White Rhino
20160204_093855.jpg

20160203_190352.jpg

GR

Looking at your most recent pics I was like... "Huh? TheBlaze just defoliated?" I love defol because the plants bounce back insanely quickly and always look better for the wear.

Yeah, I agree. When I finished defoliating, the plants looked a sorry sight. The very next day, they looked better already. The photos you saw were 2 days later, and the exposed tops have already started growing and bushing the plants out a little. You should see them now. I will update with more pics tomorrow. They look like different plants now.

hi there midnight20.how do yours turn out arfter woods mate .hopefully mine pick up some more bud size mate lol. i think ill take of a bit more

Back
Top Bottom