Details & Questions About the Spider COB LED Grow Light - Twilight LED

This one looks nice, how much wattage of this one? :volcano-smiley:
Thank you! I really have liked these, even though they give me problems about once a year.

That one is 270w input and 405 (theoretical) output.

That's one of 3 that are in this box, I also have 2 90w input and 135w (theoretical) output singles(same maker) on the sides, daisy chained and all on the same controller.

(WHITE BALANCED/COLOR CORRECTED)
DSCN0190_copy.jpg

Thank goodness I had that backup for the center while I work on trying to fix the one that broke in the other picture.

More power Spider MCOB LED Grow light will come SOON! the power of single COB is 200w. Actual power is 100w! here are some pics for your guys. what do you think?
ItemData
Model No.:SPIDER 4 Plus
Power (Wattage):800w
Size(mm):345x345x63mm
Power consume (watt):400w
HPS/HID replace:900w
Max coverage at 40" Height:48"x48"
Core coverage at 40" Height:36"x36"
GW(KG):8KG
Plug:US/EU/AU/UK/CL/BR
-Input voltage(V):-AC85~260V
-Work frequency(Hz):-50/60 Hz
LED Brand:Epiled and Epistar MCOB
LED Quantity:64pcsx4
Wide beam angle:60/120 degree
Lifespan(hrs):50,000 Hours
Working environment:(-20~40°C)
PF:>0.97
Color of fixture:Black
Regular spectrum ratio:380-850nm Full spectrum

16691.jpg
spider_plus5406.JPG
spider_plus5401.JPG
spider_plus5400.JPG
spider_plus5398.JPG
spider_plus5396.JPG
SPIDER_plus_0005.JPG
SPIDER_plus_0003.JPG
SPIDER_plus_0002.JPG
2 please!

Sounds good Jandre, why are they white Color mostly? is this customized by yourself? :Namaste:

Thank you! I really have liked these, even though they give me problems about once a year.

That one is 270w input and 405 (theoretical) output.

That's one of 3 that are in this box, I also have 2 90w input and 135w (theoretical) output singles(same maker) on the sides, daisy chained and all on the same controller.

(WHITE BALANCED/COLOR CORRECTED)

Thank goodness I had that backup for the center while I work on trying to fix the one that broke in the other picture.

Sounds good Jandre, why are they white Color mostly? is this customized by yourself? :Namaste:

That pic was white balanced. It's a function of the camera. The camera compensated for the magenta tint of the lights, and made the picture more like true white so we can see the green of the plants.

Here's a pic with camera white balance.
DSCN032113.JPG

Here's a pic withOUT camera white balance.
DSCN032011.JPG

Aha, I see, thanks for your explain! :)

As I know, the Green lighting is not useful for plants, from the pics, I seems see the green LED on each module, is it correct? :Namaste:

That pic was white balanced. It's a function of the camera. The camera compensated for the magenta tint of the lights, and made the picture more like true white so we can see the green of the plants.

Here's a pic with camera white balance.

Here's a pic withOUT camera white balance.

Max coverage at 40” Height: 48”x48”
Core coverage at 40” Height: 36”x36”

Is that your recommended height above the canopy during flowering? If not, what is the (core) coverage at the recommended height?

Also, what does your meter read at that recommended height? It seems sort of irrelevant to show a reading taken at a few inches below it (unless THAT is your recommended light-to-canopy spacing, lol).

I got it! thanks for your showing. also I got your PM and will get back to you ASAP! :high-five:

No that is an artifact of the white balance. The bottom pic is the true light. The green light you see in the top pic is actually pale yellow, but it's been white balanced!

Here is a true color image of a single group.

Note: some washout occurs because of the brightness, but this is as close as it gets.

The reading is 8inch below the lamp.

I know the conopy won't be so low, but we recommend to put the lamp according the height of plants, during the flowering, that is OK to put lamp about 8in between lamp and MMJ. what do you think?

Is that your recommended height above the canopy during flowering? If not, what is the (core) coverage at the recommended height?

Also, what does your meter read at that recommended height? It seems sort of irrelevant to show a reading taken at a few inches below it (unless THAT is your recommended light-to-canopy spacing, lol).

The reading is 8inch below the lamp.

I know the conopy won't be so low, but we recommend to put the lamp according the height of plants, during the flowering, that is OK to put lamp about 8in between lamp and MMJ. what do you think?

To be honest with you, I don't know. I have zero experience with using LEDs to grow. The practice was just starting to take off when I took a "little" break from the forum a few years back, and I've only recently returned. So my questions are more for my own education - and curiosity - than anything else, lol.

With that being said, my gut instinct would be that 8" from the canopy is awfully close. I've had plants grow right up to the bulbs in grows that used (both types of) fluorescent bulbs. And I've seen them happily "bumping" against the glass with moderate-wattage (400- & 430-watt) HPS air-cooled fixtures. But I have been under the impression that some (IDK which, it's just a general impression at this point) LED panels are pretty intense... and the one time I decided that if a lot of watts is great then even more wouldn't be a disaster at all (lofl) and tried growing with a 1,500-watt HPS, I saw light-bleaching in my plants (also heat damage, high utility bills, etc. :rolleyes3 ).

With LED panels that had the small individual LEDs, which were a few different wavelengths, I've thought that a certain height might be called for - regardless of the intensity levels - in order to more fully blend the spectra into a more uniform and even sort of illumination (as opposed to having spots of individual colors hitting different leaves, lol). But, again, this is just something that I've assumed, since I have never had the opportunity to actually try an LED panel. And with the type of product that you offer, that doesn't seem like it would be a factor?

I'm happier consuming sativas and sativa-leaning hybrids, and to grow such critters, one needs a good bit of light - and intensity of same - as most of them originated somewhere between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn where the sunlight energy is much more intense than in the more northern (and more southern) latitudes. So I might be the kind of person who tried running an LED panel a little closer than average ;) . Got to feed the monsters so that they can return the favor later, ya know, lol.

I've wondered whether or not many people actually hang their LEDs too high and try to wring too much coverage out of their lights - but I've often wondered the same thing about HIDs (see above comments about sativas). I have also wondered if, perhaps, the coverage estimates by the various manufacturers/sellers (regardless of the type of lighting) might be just a tiny bit optimistic. But I realize that this will, of course vary depending on the circumstances such as the strain(s) being grown, the size of the grow room, the reflectivity of its walls, whether or not a light-mover is being used, and whether the grower is using one light source or multiple ones (in which case there can be a bit of a "third light effect" between two of them).

I really don't know much at all about growing with LED lighting, I guess - and what I do know, I have only absorbed via reading instead of using them myself. Maybe one day I'll get rich (or at least a little less poor :rofl: ) and be able to see for myself how well they perform... and whether someone who has grown with many types/wattages of lights but never LEDs can easily learn to use them.

Err... My apologies for rambling in your thread. I don't start out intending to write novellas.

Glad to hear about your experience and view about LEDs, appreciate it! :circle-of-love:

I think you can learn pretty much about LED from 420, for me, I also learn much about MMJ from here(Since our place forbid it ya know). so that is easy to know everything about LEDs.

Regarding the distance of lamp and plants, LED is much different from HID or HPS, since LED is cold lighting source, that means there is no problem to touch it when it's working, but you can't do this with HID or HPS. so 8” is no problem for LEDs. No matter how much wattage. :Namaste:

That is correct to put a little higher if you are using LED panel with single LED chip, because Single LED is single wavelength and color, but that is OK for MCOB LEDs, because MCOB put different colors together, so that give uniform and even illumination. this is a advantage of MCOB. :cheer:

And it's good thought to put higher place to cover more area, but if put too high, the penetration and intensity is weaker, that is no good for plants. our MCOB LED grow light provide 2 kind of lens, One is 120degree, Another is 60degree, you can change it by yourself, different lens have different coverage and intensity, more fixable. :bravo:

If you have more question about LED please post here, I will do my best to help you of course, and other people will be happy to do so. if you like to try a LED in future, welcome to check our LEDs! :welcome:

Have a good day. my friend! (I did take much time to read it, thinking about improving English more. watching many TV series to learn English, Like Game of Throne. lol anyone with me? ) :volcano-smiley:

To be honest with you, I don't know. I have zero experience with using LEDs to grow. The practice was just starting to take off when I took a "little" break from the forum a few years back, and I've only recently returned. So my questions are more for my own education - and curiosity - than anything else, lol.

With that being said, my gut instinct would be that 8" from the canopy is awfully close. I've had plants grow right up to the bulbs in grows that used (both types of) fluorescent bulbs. And I've seen them happily "bumping" against the glass with moderate-wattage (400- & 430-watt) HPS air-cooled fixtures. But I have been under the impression that some (IDK which, it's just a general impression at this point) LED panels are pretty intense... and the one time I decided that if a lot of watts is great then even more wouldn't be a disaster at all (lofl) and tried growing with a 1,500-watt HPS, I saw light-bleaching in my plants (also heat damage, high utility bills, etc. :rolleyes3 ).

With LED panels that had the small individual LEDs, which were a few different wavelengths, I've thought that a certain height might be called for - regardless of the intensity levels - in order to more fully blend the spectra into a more uniform and even sort of illumination (as opposed to having spots of individual colors hitting different leaves, lol). But, again, this is just something that I've assumed, since I have never had the opportunity to actually try an LED panel. And with the type of product that you offer, that doesn't seem like it would be a factor?

I'm happier consuming sativas and sativa-leaning hybrids, and to grow such critters, one needs a good bit of light - and intensity of same - as most of them originated somewhere between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn where the sunlight energy is much more intense than in the more northern (and more southern) latitudes. So I might be the kind of person who tried running an LED panel a little closer than average ;) . Got to feed the monsters so that they can return the favor later, ya know, lol.

I've wondered whether or not many people actually hang their LEDs too high and try to wring too much coverage out of their lights - but I've often wondered the same thing about HIDs (see above comments about sativas). I have also wondered if, perhaps, the coverage estimates by the various manufacturers/sellers (regardless of the type of lighting) might be just a tiny bit optimistic. But I realize that this will, of course vary depending on the circumstances such as the strain(s) being grown, the size of the grow room, the reflectivity of its walls, whether or not a light-mover is being used, and whether the grower is using one light source or multiple ones (in which case there can be a bit of a "third light effect" between two of them).

I really don't know much at all about growing with LED lighting, I guess - and what I do know, I have only absorbed via reading instead of using them myself. Maybe one day I'll get rich (or at least a little less poor :rofl: ) and be able to see for myself how well they perform... and whether someone who has grown with many types/wattages of lights but never LEDs can easily learn to use them.

Err... My apologies for rambling in your thread. I don't start out intending to write novellas.

You're welcome. I only posted it because I was talking earlier about having one on backup just in case mine blew out (as these have done a lot for me). Well, it did, and I'm down to only my backup.

Alright, good light. once our NEW Lamp OK, I will send info. to you for sure! :love:

Alright, good light. once our NEW Lamp OK, I will send info. to you for sure! :love:

Keep me posted as well. We just bought another Mars to replace a failed unit while I wait for individual LEDs to be sent, and while I learn how to solder. Jesus.

Anyway, we're very happy with our original Spider x4, and look forward to seeing this new version in action on someone's journal.

Keep me posted as well. We just bought another Mars to replace a failed unit while I wait for individual LEDs to be sent, and while I learn how to solder. Jesus.

Anyway, we're very happy with our original Spider x4, and look forward to seeing this new version in action on someone's journal.

Hi Arteekay, I will post the news here once the NEW Lamp OK. if we will look for the grower of testing the new lamp, I will contact you guys of course. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom