Determining Harvest Time

Re: Roseman's Determining Harvest Time

Great post about trichomes. Just today I showed off my microscope on another thread to someone as a suggestion to obtain from Radioshack as a way to not harvest too early. Its one of those things thats better late than early.
crappy_microscope.JPG

Although at first I didn't like it, once I got used to holding it up to my eye I couldn't stop using on everything lol

Musik :ganjamon: :thumb: :grinjoint:

I picked mine up from Amazon, the microscope and a 30x jewelers loupe for $13.21 plus shipping.

Great post about trichomes. Just today I showed off my microscope on another thread to someone as a suggestion to obtain from Radioshack as a way to not harvest too early. Its one of those things thats better late than early.
crappy_microscope.JPG

Although at first I didn't like it, once I got used to holding it up to my eye I couldn't stop using on everything lol

Musik :ganjamon: :thumb: :grinjoint:

I felt very foolish a few years ago, when I asked how to use it on a grow forum, because the fan was blowing on the bud, miving it around. someone was kind enough to tell me "cut a sample of a trim leaf off silly, and sit at the table and view the sample."

DOH !

I felt very foolish a few years ago, when I asked how to use it on a grow forum, because the fan was blowing on the bud, miving it around. someone was kind enough to tell me "cut a sample of a trim leaf off silly, and sit at the table and view the sample."

DOH !

Yeah, I really try to minimize those moments, but they still come with alarming regularity! Sometimes I ask myself why I haven't figured that one out by now, though I will admit, I probably would have tried the same thing if I hadn't read your post telling me to cut it off. I can see myself falling over into my plants trying to get a glimpse of a trich! LOL

Yeah, I really try to minimize those moments, but they still come with alarming regularity! Sometimes I ask myself why I haven't figured that one out by now, though I will admit, I probably would have tried the same thing if I hadn't read your post telling me to cut it off. I can see myself falling over into my plants trying to get a glimpse of a trich! LOL

stoners... :bravo:

LOL thats so funny because I DID fall over onto my plants looking through microscope, its funny how you can lose your balance but keep enough equilibrium to focus down a microscope at the same time, I had no clue i was falling until it was way too late, luckily no harm done to my plants at the time but that taught me the same lesson.
And speaking of stoner moments, my buddy and I pick up a vaporizer from the shop. You know, not a superduper fancy one, no digital gauge. But it had a glass globe that went over the top after the bowl is filled, the globe fits into the base nice and snug, doesnt lock in or anything but looks really cool while vapor is bellowing around inside, anyways we had it plugged into an extension cord that reached the table, I happend to turn around to grab something and pulled the cord accidentally and swooped that vaporizor right off the table, the globe fell down crashing, the vaporizors' bowl was full exposed and landed on my foot burning right through my sock(300+ degrees will burn you!) LOL Well my buddy was pissed... we had just finished the first bowl and broke the globe rendering the vaporizor useless for the time being LOL

Musik

LOL thats so funny because I DID fall over onto my plants looking through microscope, its funny how you can lose your balance but keep enough equilibrium to focus down a microscope at the same time, I had no clue i was falling until it was way too late, luckily no harm done to my plants at the time but that taught me the same lesson.
And speaking of stoner moments, my buddy and I pick up a vaporizer from the shop. You know, not a superduper fancy one, no digital gauge. But it had a glass globe that went over the top after the bowl is filled, the globe fits into the base nice and snug, doesnt lock in or anything but looks really cool while vapor is bellowing around inside, anyways we had it plugged into an extension cord that reached the table, I happend to turn around to grab something and pulled the cord accidentally and swooped that vaporizor right off the table, the globe fell down crashing, the vaporizors' bowl was full exposed and landed on my foot burning right through my sock(300+ degrees will burn you!) LOL Well my buddy was pissed... we had just finished the first bowl and broke the globe rendering the vaporizor useless for the time being LOL

Musik

VERY Funny story, musikgenman, but I'm sorry too, I bet it burnt bad.

and who has not dropped a light on a plant???

Roseman, it appears you are up to your usual tricks here, teaching everyone to grow cheaply, effectively, and discreetly. Its no wonder you develop such a legion of followers. Any suggestions on books or other "required reading" that an amateur grower with commercial aspirations should be studying?

Roseman, it appears you are up to your usual tricks here, teaching everyone to grow cheaply, effectively, and discreetly. Its no wonder you develop such a legion of followers. Any suggestions on books or other "required reading" that an amateur grower with commercial aspirations should be studying?

Welcome to 420, have we met before?

I am very fond of anything by Greg Green, especially The Cannabis Grow Bible
and his new one, The Marijuana Anthology. He is right on.

I also like Ed Rosenthal very much. I do not like George Cervantes as much, I disagree wtih some of his teachings. He has a very good book tho called Indoor something, I think it is Indoor Marijuana, that shows 5 ways to set up a perpetual garden. I am nto at home to look at the title. I collect marijuana grow books but many of mine are old and out-dated, some even prior to CFLs and even one prior to hydro growing.

Oh, and I am very fond of this:
Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

LOL, its still under construction.

I don't read much on commercial growing or large scale growing. It is not for me. I'm more interested in SIMPLE, FAST, AND EASY small scale growing.

Hope you enjoy this 420 place, its a great site.

I don't

Hey Roseman,

Your 2009 harvest link doesn't work. I wanted to check it out again to see how the crop did with CFL's. Any help viewing that is appreciated.

Hydronewbie

BTW...commercial growing seems like a touchy subject imo. I thought this site was for diy and/or caregivers. Commercial growers tend to be drug dealing profiteers. There's a stigma associated with that...organized crime. Folks who use this site are either legal patients or individuals tired of drug dealers. So if you aspire to commercial growing, try another resource or a more noble vice; like prostitution.

Welcome to 420, have we met before?

Oh, and I am very fond of this:
Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

:thanks:

As for your Deep Water Culture tutorial, its the best on the web for a newbie. Time and time again, I've re-read sections in preparation for doing it myself. Your knowledge and experience and willingness to share are a breath of fresh air on the the web and forums. I will take the fundamentals I've learned doing the Deep Water Culture grows and continue to expand on them. Later this week I will be using your hash and oil making techniques to try to maximize my usage of the plant. Any suggestions for the roots?

My dream is to be a medical mj supplier in the Northwest. Trying to take the steps to make it possible and legal now.

Re: -------'s Determining Harvest Time

I did a little browsing and found the next scope I'd be picking up
ed87_deluxe_handheld_gigital_microscope.jpg

Oh dude, that is SO the next magnifier I want. Definitely geek-sexy.

The Twitter kit is too much. I'm not sure I want to know everything my girls are thinking --
"Oh no, there's the guy who said he is going to cut us up, hang us upside down, grind us up and then light us on fire." --

Hi girls. You look great. I can't wait to cure you to perfection and then spark you sexy things up.
:yummy:

I picked mine up from Amazon, the microscope and a 30x jewelers loupe for $13.21 plus shipping.

You guys are lucky in the US man. It took me a while to track down one o those scopes here. I got the newer?LED model that's a little narrower but either way very hard to find here. I had to order it, wait almost two weeks then make a 4hr round trip to get it. Here's the kicker $45AU. Thats almost $US42. They say it will be dollar for dollar soon. How much do you guys pay for Fiskars Micro Tip with the titanium nitrated blades for manicuring. They cost me $25. Can't even get a lot of stuff you guys can. No nice Roor or Iladelph glass.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom