Device to test Marijuana

I've seen this quite a bit when new companies start up, especially when manufacturing electronics. The wait does suck, but I have 'faith' in this company as they reply fast to emails, questions, etc. You never know though, wait and see. From what I've seen so far, it seems like it would be a place I'd love to be on their team of R&D. I hope they get their 'sensors' to last longer than six months. Something you can take out and just clean after each use and perhaps they last a year :). Have any of the 'beta' testers downloaded their app yet for Android/Apple yet?

I've fooled around with the app a bit. It is not very impressive or useful at the moment. Reserving judgement until I see how it interfaces with the device.

If the only drawback turns out to be a six month replacement cost for a $30 sensor I'm not too worried.

I've seen this quite a bit when new companies start up, especially when manufacturing electronics. The wait does suck, but I have 'faith' in this company as they reply fast to emails, questions, etc. You never know though, wait and see. From what I've seen so far, it seems like it would be a place I'd love to be on their team of R&D. I hope they get their 'sensors' to last longer than six months. Something you can take out and just clean after each use and perhaps they last a year :). Have any of the 'beta' testers downloaded their app yet for Android/Apple yet?

My suspicion is they share some characteristics similar to a ph probe. Perhaps they contain some sort of 'reference' material inside that 'wears out' or gets contaminated over time. I'm not sure they can make it cleanable, but hopefully they can improve it's lifetime.

I agree with oldchuck though. $60 a year for all the tests I want is still a deal.

Unfortunately for me, it's not the right time for an investment like this. It's likely I'm buying a house soon, so we're really cutting back any non-essential spending to give the finances a little boost before that happens. I sooooo want one of these. :blalol:

sweet!

I was just wondering, if anyone got there "My DX" yet,:thumb: cant wait to here there first impressions

Hi KingJames,

Yes, I have had it for a few days and just had the opportunity to just read the instructions but everytime my phone goes off it stops the testing (wi-fi), hahaha. So the saga continues :high-five: I was waiting for 'oldchuck' to get his up and running :). Will keep you posted as soon as I can get it to test with no interruptions.

Yeah, well, Mo, I was kind of waiting for you to say something.

The unit has problems, the woes and tribulations of the Beta Tester. I heard about the phone interference thing. A lot of us, including me, are getting wildly inconsistent readings. The unit seems to be working mechanically okay and transferring data to the app but the software is buggy. A lot of email back and forth a couple of days ago to no avail. They are working on it. Beta testing goes on through June. Then we get new units. I don't think there is much point in fooling with it until there is a software update. Patience is called for right now.

Yeah, well, Mo, I was kind of waiting for you to say something.

The unit has problems, the woes and tribulations of the Beta Tester. I heard about the phone interference thing. A lot of us, including me, are getting wildly inconsistent readings. The unit seems to be working mechanically okay and transferring data to the app but the software is buggy. A lot of email back and forth a couple of days ago to no avail. They are working on it. Beta testing goes on through June. Then we get new units. I don't think there is much point in fooling with it until there is a software update. Patience is called for right now.

LOL, I finally got a chance to fiddle a tad. You're right about the inconsistent readings. Don't know if you did this or not (at least for the Apple version). I deleted the previously version on my I phone and installed the new version and it works very consistent. Before some test would come up and then none. I have only tested a couple of samples but as chuck said its seems fine mechanically. Its getting late now I will test more samples tomorrow . I'm happy since the app seems to be tamed down now.

so excited. So in June will the "real" product be released? I wonder what it will retail for.

I'm with oldchuck. On the norm its a software thing. I did however find that in between test I did use canned air to clean out the chamber, wiped down the insert to make sure no traces of powder/herb was on the outside, powered down my phone in between test and got more accurate readings on the same strain. I use to 'game' a lot so I'm use to patches, etc. It will all get worked out. I wish they would of sent more inserts. I do 'air' only in the inserts every other time and it also seems to get more consistent readings. I don't even have time to share on the community blog, lol. All I expect is close to accurate reading so when I grow I can easily tell if the THC is degrading and how much CBN/CBD form.

Cheers

I hope this thing works out, that sounds like a lot of money, but it looks like my only way I'll beable to get any test results. Maby I can get a couple freinds to go in on with me

Great idea. It's not like you need it every day. Could be a sort of community tester shared between friends. If you have the right sorta friends that is.

I hope this thing works out, that sounds like a lot of money, but it looks like my only way I'll beable to get any test results. Maybe I can get a couple friends to go in on with me

Exactly how I do most things, community 'share' with friends. In todays economy its a must unless you have mucho 'quan'. Share the grow cost, share everything cost in most cases. Nice post!

The readings from yesterday evening was a little more inconsistent. I'm running low on the 'pods' so I didn't do the 'air' (insert empty pod into the chamber) if that is the issue. I really like the concept and the portability and think everything will be worked out and the accuracy will be 'acceptable'. Agitating the flowers before a test got me higher readings per instructions. Perhaps the sensors are so sensitive you need to wash your hands in between test? Wi-fi is awesome. I like this little unit, hope it doesn't become a UFO at a yard sale :)

For me, consistency is the most important thing. If it reads 2.5% and it's acutually 3.5%, that's OK as long as it always reads 2.5% for that same sample. I want this to help improve my end product. The absolute measure is less important to me than relative measurement. I just need to know that my new crop is higher in CBD than the previous crop, or strain A has higher THC than strain B. If it's 4% and 8% vs 10% and 20% is less of a concern, although I hope it's not off by as much as that last example. :winkyface:

For me, consistency is the most important thing. If it reads 2.5% and it's acutually 3.5%, that's OK as long as it always reads 2.5% for that same sample. I want this to help improve my end product. The absolute measure is less important to me than relative measurement. I just need to know that my new crop is higher in CBD than the previous crop, or strain A has higher THC than strain B. If it's 4% and 8% vs 10% and 20% is less of a concern, although I hope it's not off by as much as that last example. :winkyface:

Exactly! Nothing I could add :)

700 / 60 = about 12
It pays for itself in 12 tests.
If you're working with many strains, that could ROI in a month. :blalol:

I agree that $700 is a lot for a personal user, but that that price, every dispensary/retail shop should have one on hand. Talk about a great way to build rep for your shop. Let the customers test right there and see for themselves.

As my interest in breeding grows stronger, the need for one of these grows stronger as well. Without measuring, it's kinda of hard to measure success when your breeding goal is to raise CBD.

Back
Top Bottom