Dick23rk's Tent Grow: Blue Dream Auto, Mantis Nutrients, 2 x BestvaLED P1000

Oh s*** how the hell did I miss that. You know what they say people always miss the obvious good luck to you brother I just put a blue mix pack in consisting of blue cheese blue haze and blue dream and I also threw in a couple super skunks for good measure all female not running all those this time just harvested Skittles all those came out pretty awesome good luck to you I'll be watching

Oh s*** how the hell did I miss that. You know what they say people always miss the obvious good luck to you brother I just put a blue mix pack in consisting of blue cheese blue haze and blue dream and I also threw in a couple super skunks for good measure all female not running all those this time just harvested Skittles all those came out pretty awesome good luck to you I'll be watching
:laughtwo: no problem man, it happens to all of us. Especially once you get following many different journals, it's hard to remember or catch certain things.

That's a decent mix of plants. I'd be most interested in that blue Haze. I've always had a spot for Haze genetics since Amnesia Haze was my first indoor grow.

Super skunks sound good as well. By g13 labs? I've got 4 x skunk #1 from them in flower in my other journal. Do you have a journal going?

No I'm not very organized when it comes to that but I'm thinking about doing it on my next run. Yeah the blue haze looks pretty awesome so far they're about a month from seed the blue cheese are short and bushy but the hazes are a little taller but still bushy actually just put them outside for this run kept one of each for indoors. These came from 420 I've had real good luck with bergman's seeds I put them right in the dirt from the mailbox, and within 3 days 22 out of 24 popped out of the dirt. Oh yeah also had three white widow autos they're already starting to flower one month in put them outdoors too as my closet is not that big four or five plants Max I'll try to get some pictures in down the road

**Update Time**

Hello again everyone and happy shatterday! I hope you're all having a good weekend and your gardens are green!
Todays update isn't anything too spectacular, it's starting to look like a 3 plant grow with 5 seeds being duds? They are still soaking in paper towels and all have been scraped with the hobby knife. When I was doing the scraping I had cut deep enough that 1 seed started to split open so I decided to do some digging and see what was going on. What I found inside was a little white root forming but the rest was mush and had no green leaves curled up in there. I will leave the rest alone and see what happens, but we may just end up with these ones.

Our Blue Dream #1 still seems to be doing ok in the big side of the tent. There wasn't a lot for heat or air flow getting in there yet so I fixed that up for now by pulling air through the propagation side of the tent and exhausting it into the big side. With the 4 x T5 lights running in the propagation side, temps get up around 27c, so pulling that warm air into the big veg side will help for now since the bestva led's don't put out much heat at all, especially turned way down. Hopefully she will like the newly added breeze and warmth along with the humidity dome over top of her. Today marks day 4 above ground, hope she gets a move on!

We also have the other 2 babies popping up that were put into the peat pods. One has already come up and the other still has its head in the ground like an ostrich. Today will be day 1 for both of these plants if it pops up soon, oh how I love keeping track of different aged autos lol The one that has sprung above ground appears to have some tiny white tips on the leaves, going to guess it just popped up before lights on and hadn't been getting much oxygen. I'm sure it will go away and grow normally, I've seen it before. When I get these 2 into their containers I will grab some pictures and drop them here.

That's it for this little update. As we get further into these updates, things will get a little more descriptive as to what's going on. I still need to get a couple more things for the tent and I need to get some more thermo/hygrometers, I only had 2 good ones and lent one to the brother in-law to watch temps in the greenhouse. I'll need that back plus a few more. Will see what else I can afford to dig up to get the environment in check in there, much easier than dealing with a 10x12 room. Take care this weekend folks!

Hey, Dick and Happy Mother Maker's Day!

If I might humbly suggest, stick those none-splitting seeds into a peat puck anyway and find a way to keep the soil warm. Sometimes it's an act of futility but a lot of times they will often come up out of there!

much easier than dealing with a 10x12 room
Said the guy with a 10 x 12 room! :laughtwo:

Hey, Dick and Happy Mother Maker's Day!

If I might humbly suggest, stick those none-splitting seeds into a peat puck anyway and find a way to keep the soil warm. Sometimes it's an act of futility but a lot of times they will often come up out of there!

Said the guy with a 10 x 12 room! :laughtwo:
Hey GDB, thanks for the tip. If no more of them have cracked by tomorrow morning I'll do that. It's about 27c on the propagation side of the tent so add a humidity dome and wet them, should do good.

Yeah I kind of cursed myself with the big room and environmental factors, but I like having space to work lol

**Update - Day 6 & 3**

Good day everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend filled with fun and relaxation, or just of those things at least.

Monday brings yet another day with no more cracked seeds, this is very odd for me as I normally get around 90% success rate. On my other journal, the seeds were older (2-4 years older to my knowledge) and every one of them popped. I soaked 13 seeds total (not the same breeder) and wound up with 12, 1 seed grew a taproot but never surfaced once planted. With these blue dream auto seeds, I soaked 8 and got 3. Same thing happened to the brother in-law with his blueberry cookies auto seeds, soaked 8, got 4. All of these seeds are from the same breeder and the same seed order placed 2 months ago. I have sent an email to the seedbank first to see what they say, but they cannot discuss germination. If they can't help me then I'll contact Garden of Green Seeds and let them know what happened.

So we got 3 plants to keep reporting on for now that seem to be doing ok. The way they popped above ground I wasn't too sure at first, but many new seedlings seem to look funny for the first week or so as well, lets hope they come out of it. I will keep these plants labeled for a little more organization when talking about each one as we get things into gear here. For today the pictures are put up in order of their age starting with the eldest (first to break ground) and each plant gets 2 shots.

Still not much to report other than what we've talked about so far. All plants are in the same containers and being fed the same, the only real difference will be the amount of light each one receives due to having 2 smaller panels and 3 plants. To help with that I will try and keep the plants rotated every once in a while. I will give these plants another day or 2 of 24hr light and then will move them back to 20/4 for the remainder of the grow. I guess I will leave you all with some pictures for now. Any questions or comments, feel free to drop them. Otherwise, keep it green out there peeps!

**Update - Days 8 & 5**

Hello once again everyone, it's now hump day! I hope everyone is ready and gearing up for the weekend, I know I am. It's going to be beautiful and sunny here the next few days and the overnight low temps are coming up which means it's time for outdoor gardening as well! Oh, and fishing, I need to get out fishing again this weekend!

So we didn't have anymore seeds pop and I have been in contact with the seedbank about this since the seeds I purchased for at my brother in-laws house did the same thing. The seedbank of course cannot discuss germination so they have forwarded my email directly to the breeder. Both strains were from Garden of Green, 4 of 8 blueberry cookies auto and 3 of 8 blue dream auto. I don't really expect to have the blue dream freebies replaced but the blueberry cookies were seeds I paid for, so we will see what happens.

Otherwise, these 3 plants seem to be doing ok so far. It's kind of what I expect with autos, slow growth at first, sometimes odd growth or mutations, and all of them look different so far. None of these are mutated but there are some odd leaves. Lets hope they come out of it and get growing.

I didn't get any labels put on the containers yet to identify which is which, but I will label them in order of their age as A, B and C. I will even give them names maybe too just for the fun of it, I remember doing that back when I first started growing on the forums here. How about, Alice, Becky and Carla. When I do my updates I will also put them in order in case they aren't labeled who is who, because well, I have my moments haha.

Alice is the oldest, she has some odd distortion on the first set of leaves. They have a little twist as usual but it seems as though they didn't really form well, seems to be growing fine thought and spitting out the second set of leaves now on day 8.

Becky is on day 5, this is the one that had the little white tips on the leaves when she first poked above ground. You can see in the picture that the tips never did grow out and are sort of rounded, but a healthy plant by the looks of it so far.

And the tiny youngin' of the bunch, a twin to Becky and popped up later in the evening after her. Her first set of leaves are actually looking pretty normal and healthy. The head of this plant was quite small when it emerged from the seeds and has been showing quite the vigor catching back up to the others. I have a good feeling about this one, small but determined.

The gang seems to be liking life in the tent, I'm sort of getting used to it. I really need to get my ventilation setup better and rearrange now that I got this thing going and have had time to think along the way. All trial and error, but when the flowering plants in my other journal are done, I will be moving this tent over to that corner of the room and flowering photoperiods will be where the tent is under the Spectrum X light panel.

The 2 BestvaLED P1000 panels seem to be doing quite well so far, not much heat coming off them but they aren't turned up very high yet. Just giving the seedlings a chance to get going, I will start turning them up a little over the next week.

That's it for this evening. Hopefully friday night or Saturday morning I will get another update done in here. I'm sure Alice's container is going to need some water soon since it's closest to the vent blowing down on the plants, I need to get some more bits and pieces eventually. A work in progress, and I like it. Have a great night folks!

**Quick Update - Day 10 & 7**

Hello again, back again with another update on this beauty of a Friday. I figured while I was in the room this morning checking over plants I would try and get some decent shots of the plants again. Still kind of hard to get a proper focus on such a small object up close, and me not having the most steady camera hand. Soon they will get better.

So there's been a little bit of growth over the past couple of days, not a whole lot. They still look happy even though the top 2 or 3 inches of medium is dry so the roots must be working on reaching down ward. Alice is the driest since it was planted 3 days earlier than Becky and Carla, so it will likely be getting another feeding tomorrow. This is the first time I've potted auto plants in their final container right off the hop, so it is a slight learning curve. When I grew auto's before I would put the cracked seeds into the medium in a solo cup and just transplant them before a rootball was established and this has always worked for me. Now that I use peat pucks, I decided to just plop that into the final container once the seedling broke ground.

Only other thing I noticed about today was my hygrometer reading. I noticed that it had actually gotten up to 54% at some point within the last 24 hours. I will need to keep better track of things now with spring fully set in, but this could also have been because I watered our veggie seedlings in the propagation side of the tent and the exhaust pulls from that side and pushes into the 4x4 side. Good to know I can make the swings so much easier in the tent if needed.

That's it for today, everyone have a great day and weekend! TGIF! Here's your pictures for today, a couple showing off the BestvaLED P1000 panels.

Alice

Becky

Carla

Big Becky is my girl brother im rooting for her
Good to hear, she seems to be a fighter. Was also a quick sprouter like Alice.

Photos are looking good man!

Since you two made your choices, I'll go with the one that's not quite as hot but will end up being a freak! Just you watch...Carla is going to rock your world!!!
Thanks BA, I do have a feeling that Carla will be a nice plant. Those small ones always surprise a person.
I'm in mate :popcorn:

What camera are you using? The photos are really sharp.
Just I'm looking to upgrade and I want what you've got.
Speak soon
Hey squigs! Always glad to have ya.
Be prepared to spend more than you might on a camera then, cause it's my cell phone lol
Samsung galaxy s20 ultra. It can take nicer 108megapixel pictures, but the files are a little too large for the forum, I'd have to sit there and compress them all every time I upload. It has a pro function though which I've been trying out here and there.

Thanks BA, I do have a feeling that Carla will be a nice plant. Those small ones always surprise a person.

Hey squigs! Always glad to have ya.
Be prepared to spend more than you might on a camera then, cause it's my cell phone lol
Samsung galaxy s20 ultra. It can take nicer 108megapixel pictures, but the files are a little too large for the forum, I'd have to sit there and compress them all every time I upload. It has a pro function though which I've been trying out here and there.
Thanks for that. That phone sounds too technical for me. I use hammer to compress things. Plus, I've Just checked the price of them and that phone is worth more than my car, so I will just stick with my fuzzy photos for now and I will just drool over yours ..
Looking forward to the progress. Wishing you all the best with them...

Thanks for that. That phone sounds too technical for me. I use hammer to compress things. Plus, I've Just checked the price of them and that phone is worth more than my car, so I will just stick with my fuzzy photos for now and I will just drool over yours ..
Looking forward to the progress. Wishing you all the best with them...
It is quite the hunk of junk technology. Phones nowadays are just ridiculously priced especially with Canadian cell phone companies. Always used to be able to get a top of the line for $0 on a new contract, not now. I gotta pay $50 a month for the phone over 2 years plus my regular phone bill. Highway robbery. But I wanted this model for the camera, cause my last 1 sucked. I used to use a Samsung nx2000 camera, they are decent. I should send it to you to use.

It's exactly the same in the uk. Ridiculously expensive...
Thanks for that offer though. I really appreciate it. I'm busy trying to convince the wife I need a new up to date phone, to take photos of our next grow.. If she says no. I will gladly purchase your nx2000.
Does it have an idiot mode?
I will let you know, thanks again.
How is Alice, Becky and Carla doing today??

Does it have an idiot mode?
If "auto" is idiot mode, then yes it does :rofl:
Among many other settings. It's about 7 or 8 years old now but has been well kept.
How is Alice, Becky and Carla doing today?
They were doing good last night. Good timing though because the lights on my flower side of the room just came on, so I can get into the tent with them now. I'm sure Alice will need a drink today, that container has only had its first initial feed, been waiting for it to lighten up. I'll have an update in a little bit.

**Update Time**Day 12 & 9**

Hey folks, I hope you're all having, or had, a wonderful weekend. Still morning here in my parts and I've been sitting outside in the sun since 8am catching up on everyone's journals, now it's time to catch up on my own.

I got into the tent right after lights on this morning. I was expecting to have to feed at least Alice today but the container still has a little bit of weight to it and she seems happy, but at this point she will be getting a drink today. The others will be a couple more days until they get another. Here is the gang hanging out.

RH is still a little low at 32% this morning but that should start climbing soon in the basement and another fan speed controller will help. When funds allow I'll grab a small humidifier. For now I'm going to set a dish of water under the duct in the seedling side and get a wicking wet towel set up in the 4x4 side to help raise the RH some.

Growth is also starting to be more apparent each day now. Alice still has the twisty first leaves, no worries there. They have stretched a little bit toward the light but that's fine, I'd like them to get a little taller first so they aren't so close to the top of the container once they get bigger. I have turned up both Bestva P1000 panels to 50% now and have left them at the same height, which I should probably measure to be able to put that into my updates as well :laughtwo:

All in all, the little ones are starting to move right along. I hope I can get at least a month of veg time out of them since my RH is low. I didn't look too far for other journals of this strain to see roughly when they went into flower. Been quite a while since I've even grown any autos, re-learning curve lol. Well, lets get on to the picture part that you all would much rather be looking at than listening to me ramble on! I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Alice - Day 12

Becky - Day 9

Carla - Day 9

**Update**Day 15 & 12**

Hello once again everyone. Sorry it's been a few days since I've gotten to this journal, I've had so much going on here the last few days. As some of you that frequent my other journal may know, I ended up with some hermies due to a light leak from the tent. I believe I got it fixed up for now and have been checking for leaks diligently, but all of this led to some quick construction to make a space to put these plants away from the grow room, I couldn't bring myself to hack down 7 of 12 plants. So, now that all of that mess is sorted out for now, I was able to get my veggie plants mostly transplanted as well and get into the tent for a much needed update.

All of the plants got their first real feeding tonight since getting their roots into the medium. The containers were only soaked prior planting the seedlings and that's been it up until tonight. Each plant received 2L of feed, 1ml/L Calmag and 5ml/L Mantis nutrients. There was no runoff as usual and the pots felt quite heavy after, all of my other plants were doing excellent with no run off, so I'll continue doing this to save a little on the nutrients and additives.

Temperature was getting up there this evening when I was able to get into the room. We got as high as 27c in there today with the intake vents closed on the propagation side, this is a few degrees higher than I would like to see it. Becky's leaves were turned up on the edges when I seen her so it was a good indication that they don't like it too hot. I am brainstorming ways to fix up a few things with my environment, 1 option includes moving the tent outside of the grow room, and using 1 of the rooms intake vents to pull through the tent.

Becky also seems to have some yellow spots appear on the leaves in pretty much the same spot on each side. I will keep an eye on them to see if they get any worse, it may be from the temperatures, hard to tell much on the first couple sets of leaves. Carla's leaves are looking really long, possibly a different phenotype than the other 2. Alice's leaves are improving, there's some dead tips on the first set of leaves where they were really wrinkled after breaking ground, the 2nd set is looking good though. We will ride things out and see how they go, I will also get that temperature down soon once I can get my veggies out of there and turn off a couple of lights on the propagation side.

Not too exciting of an update, things are moving a long here and I'll try to get back here every 2nd day for an update. If something comes up I'll report it that day. As for now, everyone have a great rest of their week, the weekend is near! Keep it green out there!

Alice - Day 15

Becky - Day 12

Carla - Day 12

Back
Top Bottom