DIY AirPots?

kbkilla

Wondering if anyone had any ideas for some DIY Airpots?
Best idea so far is some mirror drain for basement waterproofing.
Sheet_Drain.jpg

You can make any size you want. Drill some holes and zip-tie her together.
Still trying to figure out what to use as bottoms though.

you could use bucket lids for the bottoms, cut the material to the size you need and put it into the crease where the bucket would seal. use some sort of adhesive like liquid nails or something in the crease to hold it together and like you said zip tie the sides. also whats cool about that is bucket lids come in a few sizes.

Thats sounds good but I don't think I would use any adhesive to secure the bottoms, as I would want to pull the pot apart to examine the root ball undisturbed.

When you use a bucket lid perforate it something similar to this...

IMG_075812.JPG

When you attach it to the side wall material be sure to set it up at least two inches from the bottom of the wall. One of the reasons airpots work so good is because of the "air reservoir" that is at the bottom of the pots. The air reservoir is created by the bottom screen being set up in the pot.

I'll be curious to see what the diy savings could be by the diys. About what size of pots were you thinking of making?

I wished this thread went further. I've been racking my brains for the last 3 days trying to think of the proper terminology to use in a Google search. at some time in my life, I remember seeing a plastic sheet very similar in design to what is used for the Superoots Air Pots, but I can't remember where, when or for what. The plastic had an egg carton like pattern with high and low spots that could be drilled out to make the roots grow into each chamber before being air pruned, as that is the selling point of the air pot.

Any more ideas?

Found It!!!:cheer::bravo:

Dimpled_Plastic_Drain_Sheet.JPG

It's called Dimple Drain Sheets

I am just wondering if the air pots are that expensive?

If not then why not just buy some?

Would be kinda cool to see someone diy them though:)

They are not cheap online. If I can actually get the material to make my own, I will.

Sheet_Drain.jpg

From what I've seen when I went to look at air pots and what the greenhouse owner told me is he simply uses Aluminum Screen mesh the same you would use for your house windows and cuts it in o the size he needs

Sheet_Drain.jpg

From what I've seen when I went to look at air pots and what the greenhouse owner told me is he simply uses Aluminum Screen mesh the same you would use for your house windows and cuts it in o the size he needs

Post is 2013

I bought their Air Pots. Dirt came out the side holes when watering close to perimeter. Messy tent floor. Only going to use bags indoors from now on. Using airports outside this year for tomatoes.

I have the Air Pots inside fabric bags to catch any soil that washes out the holes. If one waters slowly, and allows the soil to absorb the water, none washes out.

I just harvested two plants from the air pots. They grew nicely. One guud thing about the pots is many spots to use a moisture meter. I may try them again with the two seedlings I have started now. Guud luck.

Back
Top Bottom