DIY CFL Reflector - How To (Simple, Cheap & Effective)

Re: DIY CFL Reflector - How To ( Simple, Cheap & Effective)

What do you think Pres??? I followed some of your steps, but then went another way, to make it easier for me and different from everyone else!

2010-07-08_15_37_19.jpg

2010-07-08_18_37_42.jpg

2010-07-09_04_36_53.jpg

2010-07-09_11_56_58.jpg

I will be adding the little lights that are in the back(Daylight), to the top of the hood on either side. Take a look at the drawing in the first picture. Make it big and you will see where I will be adding them! Let me know what you think? Thanks for the idea and how to do it! I am putting out 10,800 lumens with this setup!!! Also, if you have time, check out my journal! This is my first time and the first 30 days were not good for me... I have come back strong though!!! Anyways, ttyl!!!

-xkjtx

xkjtx, very cool take on Pres' reflector, I like the simplicity of it.

Here is my cheap cold CFL box inspired by the clowns:
Light19.jpg

Here is it hanging by strings, later upgraded to chains:
LightHanging.jpg

Here is the upgrade to add 4 more sockets (use 1.5" drill bit):
LightUpgrade.jpg

Clamp it with some glue:
LightUpgrade2.jpg

Add the lights and more reflective tape:
LightUpgrade3.jpg

I also added a light switch (not shown) so I can turn half the lights off. Below, you can see the air being vented away from the lights:
LightHanging2.jpg

The plants are allowed to grow right into the glass.

What do you think Pres??? I followed some of your steps, but then went another way, to make it easier for me and different from everyone else!

2010-07-08_15_37_19.jpg

2010-07-08_18_37_42.jpg

2010-07-09_04_36_53.jpg

2010-07-09_11_56_58.jpg

I will be adding the little lights that are in the back(Daylight), to the top of the hood on either side. Take a look at the drawing in the first picture. Make it big and you will see where I will be adding them! Let me know what you think? Thanks for the idea and how to do it! I am putting out 10,800 lumens with this setup!!! Also, if you have time, check out my journal! This is my first time and the first 30 days were not good for me... I have come back strong though!!! Anyways, ttyl!!!

-xkjtx

That's what DIY is all about my friend. Great job and very smart building it to shape your grow space. I'll most definitely swing by once i find your journal. It's my first experience as well and there are a few bumps in the road.

Again great job and idea and reps to you! :goodjob:

Light19.jpg

LightHanging.jpg

LightUpgrade.jpg

Clamp it with some glue:
LightUpgrade2.jpg

LightUpgrade3.jpg

I also added a light switch (not shown) so I can turn half the lights off. Below, you can see the air being vented away from the lights:
LightHanging2.jpg

Another great one. Very nice. Looks like you put some attention to detail in that one, nice profile to it. I love DIY & thanks for sharing. + Reps to you as well Vapoorize ...

:goodjob:

Dude, you just gave me another great Idea to add to my setup!@!@!@

Hope you wont mind, but I will post a pic to show you the upgrade!!! Damn nice!@!@:goodjob::tokin:

That's what DIY is all about my friend. Great job and very smart building it to shape your grow space.

I was trying to make it even, but forgot to take in consideration the wires
poking out the sides, so I had to bend the middle and it worked great!

I'll most definitely swing by once i find your journal.

Here is my journal Come check it out!

Also check my addition! Thanks Vapoorize for the fan idea!!!

2010-07-09_20_48_22.jpg

xkjtx

LOL he is ah ah ah old lol. Hey I have a question. Early in RM thread someone made a similar reflector and everyone had said he had to paint it white flat paint. Yours isn't painted and neither are the parabolic ones we buy. Which is the correct way or the better way for light?

Well my sir, seems yourself is plagued with intermittent memory loss as well.;)

The reflector actually made it's debut in your (great thread) CFL Tutorial.

The start of it was located on Page 26, CFL Light Tutorial.
The link was located a few post's down, post number 387.

You are more then welcome to re-post the links in your forum as seen fit. Thanks for the words as well as the reps Roseman! :)

LOL he is ah ah ah old lol. Hey I have a question. Early in RM thread someone made a similar reflector and everyone had said he had to paint it white flat paint. Yours isn't painted and neither are the parabolic ones we buy. Which is the correct way or the better way for light?

Honestly I don't have enough information to adequately answer that. I'm not sure which is better, but in short it was done to be simple and a relatively fast throw together. But hey it's working! I just harvested an expected 2 oz from a plant being maintained under half of this reflector and the 6 x revision at that.

Sorry I couldn't clear that up for you!

reps as well for trying to answer me. No issue. Talented people make me sick:rofl:

Thought I would bump the thread with the one I made:

Its a 6 bulb model but I did not have the center bulbs in place when I took the photo. I used two big ass 105w 6500K cfl's then had (4) 42w 2700k cfl's in the center. I used it all through flowering, at one point I had clamp lights attached to make it 8 bulbs.

growlight.jpg

light18.jpg

33vzwax.jpg

what sort of glass do you use
heat proof glass ???

nice box

i live in uk

we dont have your y adapters so you can have 2 lights in 1 socket that sucks lol

am inspired to make a box my self

i have same space as you mabey more hight mine 8ft

any advise would be good

I love this thing man! Its a great idea! I will probably attempt to make one of these later down the road in my experiments!

Light19.jpg

LightHanging.jpg

LightUpgrade.jpg

Clamp it with some glue:
LightUpgrade2.jpg

LightUpgrade3.jpg

LightHanging2.jpg

Hey Vapoorise nice DIY what are the dementions on your light box? How do you have that wire to go into the wall?

Back
Top Bottom