The CFL "12-Pack" Grow Light How-To:

Man diggin the shit out of this, simply awesome grow box and CFL set-up. I'm into my 3rd grow w/CFLs, currently burning 1280watts, 80,000 lumen for 4 plants in a 12sqft closet.....but like what you have done w/cabinet and the 23watters......stellar grow, really a great awesome job and grow....:thumb:

Your a man after my own heart my Friend. It's the lumens that count.
I had a grow box with 45000 lumens of CFL power in it! Fine buds came out of that! :yummy:

Hello there! Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. :thumb:

You were actually who I was referring to in my post to broski about "over 1200 watts" :)

Your results with CFLs are amazing :goodjob:

Thank you sir.

Thank you, I get so pumped watching other CFL grows, even when they are used w/hid lighting.....but the fact one can grow w/CFLs is a riot to me..... It also helps that I grow aero-hydro.....but I was hooked from day 1 of my 1st grow, I'm truly addicted to growing. I do plan to do a comparison grow this upcoming fall w/hps vrs cfls, hps lumens will beat me out of course, but I want to see for myself... You got a great grow going tho, it's so kool, I'm learning from you! :goodjob:

Your a man after my own heart my Friend. It's the lumens that count.
I had a grow box with 45000 lumens of CFL power in it! Fine buds came out of that! :yummy:

Well I got to check it out, be heading over your way to look at your gj.... I hope one day they can make a CFL w/hell of alot of lumens. I have thought of getting some mogul socket CFLs, have not really researched them, I know they come w/more lumens/watt, but do they burn hotter? I steer clear of heat issues due to lack of ventilation in my grow closet, anyways heading over.......:thumb:

Hi DIME :Rasta:
It's aways a pleasure to come by here, I aways learn something! :thumb:

Thank you, I get so pumped watching other CFL grows, even when they are used w/hid lighting.....but the fact one can grow w/CFLs is a riot to me..... It also helps that I grow aero-hydro.....but I was hooked from day 1 of my 1st grow, I'm truly addicted to growing. I do plan to do a comparison grow this upcoming fall w/hps vrs cfls, hps lumens will beat me out of course, but I want to see for myself... You got a great grow going tho, it's so kool, I'm learning from you! :goodjob:

It puts a humble smile on my face to hear you guys say you've learned something...from me :). Unreal...:thanks:

FH, I would love to see that comparison test:thumb:

Well I got to check it out, be heading over your way to look at your gj.... I hope one day they can make a CFL w/hell of alot of lumens. I have thought of getting some mogul socket CFLs, have not really researched them, I know they come w/more lumens/watt, but do they burn hotter? I steer clear of heat issues due to lack of ventilation in my grow closet, anyways heading over.......:thumb:

Sorry, you wont see much. The bedroom set up I had was an emergency set up to just save some plants. The two and three hundred watters really create allot of heat. In my picture album you can find a picture of my old set up, wasn't pretty...I'm a terrible DIY guy.,,,,,but it worked great! :thumb:

Sorry, you wont see much. The bedroom set up I had was an emergency set up to just save some plants. The two and three hundred watters really create allot of heat. In my picture album you can find a picture of my old set up, wasn't pretty...I'm a terrible DIY guy.,,,,,but it worked great! :thumb:

I did review your first journal, I guess the cabinet got to small when those gals started the stretch? I'll check out your album and take a look

Just wanted to add that you can heat the plastic rain gutters and shape them how ever you want for bigger bulbs or wider light displacement .
What great design thou.
I kind of copied your box light ideal and its working great for me

great idea! i found an easy way to go about this, the same price and you dont need any electrical knowledge. just buy 2 strip outlets and glue them together, then buy outlet to socket converters for 2$ at home depot, buy the bulbs and viola, you got a fixture for 38$ (Including bulbs bought at Home Depot)

Man, I'm sorry I missed this post. Thanks my friend!

I had bought some power strips and twenty something bulb plugs/extensions when I first tried to build this. I couldn't find a secure way to attach the reflectors and be able to vent the heat and keep from melting the power strips. That and it was hard to find a cheap powerstrip that was long enough to hold 6 bulbs :). I think your idea will work well, just be careful of the heat.

:peacetwo:

Just wanted to add that you can heat the plastic rain gutters and shape them how ever you want for bigger bulbs or wider light displacement .
What great design thou.
I kind of copied your box light ideal and its working great for me

Thank you for the suggestion, that's a great idea :idea:!

I'm glad this helped with your light design, as always... I would love to see it, please feel free to post up your light here :thumb:

Also, welcome to :420:

Back
Top Bottom