DIY cloner question

I dont get it..fifteen days to get one to two inch roots? In the jesus christ cloner a friend and I built by day fifteen the roots would be well over a foot long..maybe jesus did piss in it...within five days ive got one to four inch roots..if I can figure out how to upload friggin fone pics I could show you my set up..i think I might have to get a reg camera and a reg pc.

My buddy that has a ezcloner takes about two weeks to get roots about 5-6 inches long with nothing besides water and a little bioroot from general hydroponics. Never cloned myself but it could be your setup and process, or just that strains willingness to root. Do you just have one strain or several that all get the same results? What do you use besides water?

Can you email yourself pictures from your phone to your personal email. From there it would be normal process for uploading it.

Medical sour deisel, white rhyno, big budha cheese, pinnapple chunck, purple haze, church, super lemon, white widow, ak47, violator kush, master kush, gdp, blz bud, critical sensi star, star 47, g13 x haze, purple kush, ice, and about ten more or so . I cant say for sure that I had those results with every strain, but I can say I dont remember having issues with any of them.

Medical sour deisel, white rhyno, big budha cheese, pinnapple chunck, purple haze, church, super lemon, white widow, ak47, violator kush, master kush, gdp, blz bud, critical sensi star, star 47, g13 x haze, purple kush, ice, and about ten more or so . I cant say for sure that I had those results with every strain, but I can say I dont remember having issues with any of them.

If you could manage to pull those photos of your setup off your phone I would appreciate it.

What is your process for cloning? Do you use gel, additives in the water? Or just use water? Do you RO the water or just let it sit out for a few days?

:Namaste:

Because it was like months ago and im ADD im a little fuzzy but I believe the rooting hormone I used was vitagrow , and you could root a wooden leg with that shit..i dont have an,ro machine so I leave two five galls filled with air stones, after a day I ph em and its good to go...im gonna have to email myself picz aand get on my pc at work to download em..i have five years of grows documented start to finish, now just to get em on here would be great..ill figure it out and be in touch

Thank you for the great information Goldengoose!

At the point I am now I am thoroughly enjoying doing the hands on creation aspect of starting my grow. I've had to create a wooden box with carpentry skills that I didn't even know I had with borrowed tools and free wood. It came out great! I will probably create a journal when time comes and I get plants. As far as I am currently I just have various supplies that I have been acquiring for my planned grow in a few months.

No problemo! :)

Thanks for posting the photos! Impressive! I can see that you are doing things right and not just hacking something together willy nilly! I would venture to say that you should see some decent results.

My only caution is that your container is RED. Roots like PITCH BLACK darkness. You might want to consider covering the container with something to block out any ambient light from getting to your roots. Or, find a BLACK bucket the same size.

Looking forward to seeing your next update and ultimately, what kind of cloning success you get with your creation! :)

Some strains are MUCH easier to clone than others. Some are nearly impossible.

I don't see any Blueberry or Blueberry Kush in that list. From what I have read and what some pros around here have told me... Genuine Blueberry strains are VERY hard to clone sucessfully.

As someone who tried three times and failed using conventional methods I would tend to agree with them! I've been cloning typical garden plants for years and never had so much trouble as with this stuff!

Then I buy the T48 and see a 100% BBK rooting success in 15 days? I'll take 15 days over total failure any day of the week! ;)

Thing is... I'm not growing commercially, just for personal use, so a week or two on either side makes no difference to me as long as I get results when all is said and done. ;)

Thanks for reminding me I alsogrew nl x blueberry, but I cant remember specifics about cloning it, only that I dont recall troubles, but nl is an easy cloner maybe thats why it worked, I started doing rediculous shit like chopping off branches and rooting them no prob...im sure some of em took longer but some jjst cloned crazy fast....i personaly love indicas and indica sativa crosses...fifty to sixty days is long enough for me...although it would be kinda cool to grow out the long floweing sativas just to see how they turn out..the only real sats ive grown , would be pinnaple chunk and blz bud , g13 haze, and I think ak is sativa not sure....i have to say the most phenominal tasting , smelling and smoking strains ive grown are white widow...amazing...sensi star...amazing, and one called yumbolt..also skunk haze super skunk and nlblue are some otherd ive grown....whats your favorite

No problemo! :)

Thanks for posting the photos! Impressive! I can see that you are doing things right and not just hacking something together willy nilly! I would venture to say that you should see some decent results.

My only caution is that your container is RED. Roots like PITCH BLACK darkness. You might want to consider covering the container with something to block out any ambient light from getting to your roots. Or, find a BLACK bucket the same size.

You know what they say if anything is worth doing its worth doing right. :)

Ah... I didn't think about that before purchasing my bucket... :hmmmm: Not a big deal though, I'm gonna need a run off bucket to store water dumped from saucers into and what not anyways. I'll snag another bucket that's entirely black with a black lid when I go to the local store tomorrow and get the lid drilled up again. Didn't take that much work getting the lid drilled and filed to where I wanted it anyways.

Once I get some experience with the cloner and the various pros and cons of it I'll potentially create a step by step tutorial for 420mag since the one I followed was located on a different website. Let me know if there is an interest for a creation of one here on this website.

I definitely would like a step by step! :) I can't get enough DIY! Hope to at least see a pic when you're done and possibly an update on how it worked for you. Looking good sofar! :bravo:

I definitely would like a step by step! :) I can't get enough DIY! Hope to at least see a pic when you're done and possibly an update on how it worked for you. Looking good sofar! :bravo:

Rodger that Dashiznet! I took some good photos initially which will help with the step by step aspect. But since I'm gonna redo the bucket with a full black one I'll have another chance to take some more. :)

Since I took the plethora of information from another tutorial I plan on giving him full credit. But there were several aspects that I took my own route toward the same end goal which will help some people I'm sure.

The whole white bucket doesnt work thing is a myth, I have white buckets..five gallon white buckets, ive been growing in it for years, aas a matter of fact I have a plant in rt now thats four feet.tall. Ive grown in white buckets , red, black, green, orange, and blue..all plants had simmilar results..do they mean use a dark colored bucket if its hydro? So algea doesnt grow in the water? I know lightkills roots,, it just hasnt happened to me yet.

The whole white bucket doesnt work thing is a myth, I have white buckets..five gallon white buckets, ive been growing in it for years, aas a matter of fact I have a plant in rt now thats four feet.tall. Ive grown in white buckets , red, black, green, orange, and blue..all plants had simmilar results..do they mean use a dark colored bucket if its hydro? So algea doesnt grow in the water? I know lightkills roots,, it just hasnt happened to me yet.

A Myth? We ARE talking a CLONER here, NOT a bucket to hold soil and put a plant into. :laughtwo:

If you are indeed referring to a aeroponics cloner, I'm afraid that I have to strongly disagree with that opinion. Light entering a rooting chamber at even ambient levels is a bad thing, period. It can slow root development and can also promote the growth of algae and other bugs in your cloning solution. No myth involved there. That is gardening 101 kind of stuff.

So for those folks like PicApartPixls that are attempting to build the most sound cloning device they possibly can, there is no point tempting fate by using a container that allows light from the grow room to enter the rooting area and reduce the amount of darkness roots naturally expect. Telling folks not to worry about something so important is frankly a disservice to them, and just adds to the confusion they may be dealing with if this is their first project!

I'd definitely love to see some photos from all these grows of yours! 12 inch+ roots in 15 days with hard to clone strains like Blueberry would put most professional growers to shame to say the least. Especially with a WHITE cloner and little if anything added to the water! That just doesn't sound plausible based on my own Blueberry cloning efforts and my 35+ years of gardening experience. I'm afraid I would need to see a detailed grow journal to convince me otherwise.

If you need some help with posting photos, let us know. You do it through your account's gallery and it couldn't be easier with the system the 420 staff have provided to users. If your photos are on a mobile phone, you can use a mobile app like ForumRunner to post photos directly from your phone into this forum. :thumb:

Basically, there is nothing stopping you from posting all the photos you need to post to show us once and for all how you pulled off these amazing feats! :)

Looking forward to seeing them ASAP! :thanks:

No offense, but until I see some photos to back all this up. I remain VERY skeptical. ;)

Cheers.

You know what they say if anything is worth doing its worth doing right. :)

Ah... I didn't think about that before purchasing my bucket... :hmmmm: Not a big deal though, I'm gonna need a run off bucket to store water dumped from saucers into and what not anyways. I'll snag another bucket that's entirely black with a black lid when I go to the local store tomorrow and get the lid drilled up again. Didn't take that much work getting the lid drilled and filed to where I wanted it anyways.

Glad you were able to get a black bucket and lid! This way if you run into any problems down the road, light entering the cloning chamber will not be one of the possible causes! ;)

I could send ya my email in a pm but id need yours to send em back to ..ill gladly send you licks of the four foot master kush in a white bucket rt now..i dont tell anyone to follow my advise I jjst relate my experiences...my ezperience is that ive had no problens with whitte five gallon buckets..l gladly send em if you.want id actually love someone elses opinion..i just cant post from my fone..pics anyway

Maybe im posting in the wrong spot ...sorry guys I dont see the whole conversation, just comments..my bad..they popup on my droid I must have confused threads

I could send ya my email in a pm but id need yours to send em back to ..ill gladly send you licks of the four foot master kush in a white bucket rt now..i dont tell anyone to follow my advise I jjst relate my experiences...my ezperience is that ive had no problens with whitte five gallon buckets..l gladly send em if you.want id actually love someone elses opinion..i just cant post from my fone..pics anyway

Maybe im posting in the wrong spot ...sorry guys I dont see the whole conversation, just comments..my bad..they popup on my droid I must have confused threads

Give FORUM RUNNER a try! Linked in my previous post. You can do everything with that including posting photos from your phone. The app is 2 bucks and well worth it for full access to all your forum accounts. Supports both iOS and Android, so you DO have a way to post your photos here!

Great app! I use it all the time with my iPOD Touch! :thumb:

Ok I just read this and yeah my bad all I meant was with soil ive never had a problem with a white buckets..if you wanna do it rt it should be black especially since light breeds algea in water and it can mess stuff up ..i wasnt saying you SHOULD use white ones just that I have no issues

Forum runner....thanks. I went into gallery and it acted like it was gonna work but then the pics never showed up..thx ill try forum runner

Forum runner....thanks. I went into gallery and it acted like it was gonna work but then the pics never showed up..thx ill try forum runner

The 420 Forums is fully supported by Forum Runner. Just search for it in the FR app and then enter in your login info and you should be good to go! ON the iOS version, it even sends push notifications to your device when there is a reply to a subscribed thread. All of that can be turned on or off at will.

Nice little app and it just had a major overhaul a few days ago with a brand new version now available! :thumb:

The pics are up, way more to come...thx bro the forum runner worked...i think..i am not tech savy at all, the white buckets are in my gallery..the pic with the dead plants stem, was from last time..i got close to four oz dry off each plant..

Back
Top Bottom