DIY Cloning Machine Water Question

JimJonesJr

Throwing together a homemade cloner. Got a question about the water.
*Is tap water okay to use if I pH it and leave it sit for a day to bleed off any chlorine?
*Ph should be at what?
*Other than the pH what should I use in the water? It's been years since I've clones anything. A lil flower nutes? Cal mag? Silica? ????
*Also, will my pH rise any during a cycle of cuttings or does it stay pretty steady?

Thank y'all!

:welcome: @JimJonesJr
when i cloned mine, i just did a cut in an angel made some minor angeld cuts at the bottom of the branch and sticked the bottom of the branch in rooting gel. Once i had rooting gel on the branch i sticked it into a cube easygrow spong. i put couple them in a container and added some water to the bottom of the container so the spong stays wet.
if you don't have a humidifyer, you can just cover it with something . make sure that the light can penetrate through tho

Temp at 110f, RH 90%

:welcome: @JimJonesJr
when i cloned mine, i just did a cut in an angel made some minor angeld cuts at the bottom of the branch and sticked the bottom of the branch in rooting gel. Once i had rooting gel on the branch i sticked it into a cube easygrow spong. i put couple them in a container and added some water to the bottom of the container so the spong stays wet.
if you don't have a humidifyer, you can just cover it with something . make sure that the light can penetrate through tho

Temp at 110f, RH 90%

Yep, I know how to prepare them and I used to do basically the same with the rockwool. I've already put time n effort into this contraption and I'm determined to use it...lol. Old dawg...new trick.

Yep, I know how to prepare them and I used to do basically the same with the rockwool. I've already put time n effort into this contraption and I'm determined to use it...lol. Old dawg...new trick.
ya, thats whta i mean. rockwool
got any pics?

nice build @JimJonesJr
consider creating a journal, this gives the members a chance to follow along and awnser any questions you might have

Back
Top Bottom