Diy intake filters?

chuck1718

So I'm going to grab a 48x24x2" carbon filter and a 20 pack of ten inch paper plates holder. Cut as many 10 inch circles out as I can and sandwich 2 in between the plates and seal them up. Figured this should work for duct holes and keeps pest and mold and spores out not really worried about smell on intake of course but clean air is the best. So what do you all think a good plan or fork or for proper filters? I'm in a dark room even tho this should eliminate light or can also double light box it.

giving this a bump because i cant picture what you have in mind. i use the air inside my house so all i do is cover the ends of the ducting with disposable hair bonnets. does keep gnats and fruitflies out and i think due to static electricity or something collects a lot of dust. not perfect but very cheap and effective.

Hey chuck.
I don't know what country you're in.
In Britain you can buy the finished cassette you're trying to make from a plumbers shop,for just as cheap. If it was cheaper to make it, I'd say go for it. Just a heads up.

Plastic holders for paper plates? WTF? LOL
Wouldn't it be easier to just wash a plate as opposed to washing a plastic plate ....plate? Disposable plate plates should be banned yesterday.

I'm guessing the inventor never tried washing a food dehydrator tray.

This is hurting my head...... :lot-o-toke:

FWIW I made a light proof box and stuffed it with furnace filter material. I've a room - no tent.

Plastic holders for paper plates? WTF? LOL
Wouldn't it be easier to just wash a plate as opposed to washing a plastic plate ....plate? Disposable plate plates should be banned yesterday.

I'm guessing the inventor never tried washing a food dehydrator tray.

This is hurting my head...... :lot-o-toke:

FWIW I made a light proof box and stuffed it with furnace filter material. I've a room - no tent.
Yeah I haven't actually heard of them til I was browsing Amazon. Then I remembered see wicker ones when I was a kid.. but this is for when my tent goes to the shed after the move. As I've never grown in a tent outdoors I figured why not filter the intake just as a precaution plus it would cost like a 1.50 or less to make said filters.

Ya sorry I wasn't trying to dis you or anyone really. I just couldn't can't get over the fact that we would need a plate plate.

Yes filtering outside air is indeed a very good idea IMO.
If you've a broken shop vac you may find some interesting parts in there (I'm thinking that cage that holds the ball in place). My favorite finger boards are made with broken shop vac pieces.

i made diy filters from furnace heat duct ends. flipped them upside down with screens and material over the ends, dumping downward from the rooms, charcoal added inside loose.

worked well, but was not the main exhaust filter. there were multiple rooms that dumped in to a main lung room, the main was scrubbed and exhausted to outdoor. i made diy filters for all the rooms as a pre-scrub. each room had active exhaust and intake fans as well.

the filters worked really well in that context, and could probably work ok on a small grow or microcabinet.

Ya sorry I wasn't trying to dis you or anyone really. I just couldn't can't get over the fact that we would need a plate plate.

Yes filtering outside air is indeed a very good idea IMO.
If you've a broken shop vac you may find some interesting parts in there (I'm thinking that cage that holds the ball in place). My favorite finger boards are made with broken shop vac pieces.
Ah buddy I definitely didn't take it that way all in good spirits here! Happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom