Doctor Dank's Perpetual Grow

So my last Bulk Smash auto is now 78 days old and looks like it still has a while to go. She's looking ok but I wish those buds would fill out some more.

420-magazine-mobile1389043699.jpg

420-magazine-mobile920240113.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2013299057.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1717067837.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The crop from my first Bulk Smash auto has been hanging for 5 days now. I plan on trimming the buds off the stems on Sunday and putting them into a hanging net dryer until they're dry to touch.

420-magazine-mobile2070936205.jpg

So far, so good. No signs of mould and they are drying nicely.

The babies have been struggling lately. I realised about a week that I had been overwatering. I dialled it back but noticed the leaves were still yellowing and wilting so I checked the soil PH and it was very high. Though I knew they were suffering with overwatering, I felt I needed to sort the PH, so I gave them a heavy watering with PH 5.2 water then left them unwatered for 5 days. I'm now seeing some new growth and the root system is heathy (I know that because when I ripped out the PH meter that was to the far side of the front pot, a bit of roots that had wrapped around it came out too).
On the weekend I plan to drain res and freshen the water supply then stick to 3 X 15 min feeds per week unit they show me they want more. Any advice on my coco coir grow is most welcome!

420-magazine-mobile348263939.jpg

I've also come to the conclusion that the buds on both my cropped Bulk Smash and the one I'm still growing haven't fattened due to inadequate lighting. I'm growing with a 1000w LED and I've had it a fair way from the plants to avoid light burn. I think I've been to conservative so I've dropped them 12inches and we'll see how the plant responds.

420-magazine-mobile400468968.jpg

Thanks StonedGypsy. There's some large fan leaves I've been eyeing off for chop so I'll give that go today.

The closer lights seem to be having an effect on the bud density.

420-magazine-mobile1876369210.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1460024205.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1244787849.jpg

This plant just looks a whole better than the first one I harvested last week. The buds are starting pack on weight and the plant looks really healthy.

420-magazine-mobile162058431.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2074489997.jpg

I would recommend the bubble buckets for a pretty easy grow. Accessing the water reserve is a pain and monitoring the PH and PPM levels is annoying because of this. So far I've found the single water reserve in the coco coir drip system much easier to access and manage. I still have a lot of learning to do with coco coir but that's half the fun!

I solved that problem with an extra reservoir connected to the main one. It's sitting outside of my tent and I don't have to touch the main res anymore. Ever. Check it out - link in my sig. It's working great.

All the best.

My first Bulk Smash auto crop had been trying for 10 days and has now been put in a jar to cure. I was very happy to see that I managed to get 65 grams out of it though I'm sure I'll loose some more weight through the curing process. Just over 2 ounces really exceeded my expectations for my first grow and I'm really happy about.
I couldn't resist giving it a try and hit the vap about an hour ago. Even though the buds look straggly, they are sticky as fuck and holy shit, the smoke is huge! It hit me hard within a minute or so and I'm now extremely relaxed. The high is a nice combo of mind and body relaxation and damn I'm feeling lazy now! It's a beautiful floaty feeling and one of the nicest smokes I've had in a very long time.
I'm really glad I used the FloraNecta pineapple rush, it's made the flavour just beautiful. It doesn't taste anything like pineapple but it does taste very fruity and sweet. I think this smoke will just keep getting better with time and I will make sure I save an ounce to cure for a few months to see how the flavours develop.
My other bulk smash is looking great. The buds are packing on weight and are covered in resin. This one makes the last one look like the ugly step sister in comparison but really it's the lessons learned from the first that have allowed this one to flourish.
I'm going to push my last bulk smash auto right to the edge and wait for 50% of the trichomes to turn amber. I have now got the photoperiod seeds (Green Crack, LSD, Durban Poison and Bulk Smash) in the clone chamber after soaking the seeds for 24 hours. I have the seeds in coco coir cubes like last time and they're in a humidity dome with a heat mat. I think I transferred my last seedlings a little early so I'm going to wait a bit longer to plant them this time.
My last lot of autos are still in the veg tent and not looking great. The bottom leaves keep turning yellow and shrivelling up. The PH is high but so is the moisture levels so I'm going to let them dry out a bit before giving them a good 5.2 PH watering. These will be transferred to the flower tent in a week or so and I'm planning to empty the res tank and hand water until then. As always, any advice is appreciated.

I think my Bulk Smash is getting close but I'm doubting myself. I took a shot at 20x magnification and would love some opinions.

420-magazine-mobile426375422.jpg

The PH 5.2 flush seemed to the trick on my auto babies and I'm finally seeing some growth that isn't dying off.

420-magazine-mobile1738460855.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1743725282.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1628155799.jpg

420-magazine-mobile45125897.jpg

My phenos have all sprouted! I've had such amazing luck with seeds and not had a single dud so far.

420-magazine-mobile331777449.jpg

Any suggestions on how long I should leave them in the cloning chamber? I think I transferred the last ones too early.

I forgot to mention that the phenos are Green Crack, Durban Poison, Bulk Smash and LSD

So I've decided to leave her until the weekend. The buds have fattened nicely and the trichomes are starting to get milky.

420-magazine-mobile1297843821.jpg

420-magazine-mobile221482333.jpg

420-magazine-mobile967515270.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1566009700.jpg

420-magazine-mobile981923137.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2512344.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1525939983.jpg

I think you can leave her another week if you want. I don't see any amber trichomes in that 20x magnification. It's going to pack more trichs on in the final stages, be patient Dr. Dank. Congrats on 4fer on the seedlings, I keep them under cfls for 1 week then start the transition to LEDs. By day 10 it's full on LEDs, if that's of any relevance.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks for the advice Snidrajsed. I'll leave it one more week then post a photo for your opinion. I'll do the same with the seedlings. Cheers!

My big girl is almost ready! I'm starting to see some amber trichomes though I can't seem to capture them in an image despite a 20x magnification.

420-magazine-mobile1270712680.jpg

420-magazine-mobile130127570.jpg

Most of the large fan leaves have yellowed and been removed.

420-magazine-mobile1166951051.jpg

420-magazine-mobile3280276.jpg

The buds are looking dense and delicious.

420-magazine-mobile2103397391.jpg

420-magazine-mobile309823934.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1985745639.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1132835253.jpg

I've flushed and added florakleen and I'll be chopping her down on Wednesday. My other Bulk Smash was taken down a bit early but damn it's strong! I've been smoking it exclusively for a week now and every time it blows me away. I'm really excited to see how this one will be given its had a few extra weeks to mature.

I'm happy with young auto's and sorted the feeding schedule and PH levels and they're starting to look good under the 250w CFL.

420-magazine-mobile552428087.jpg

The phenos are also looking good after a week under the T5.

420-magazine-mobile949962827.jpg

The plan from here is to let the Bulk Smash dry in the flower tent for a week before moving the autos in and the phenos to the veg tent. My next adventure will be attempting to clone the phenos! I'm really excited about trying this and I'm loving this learning process.

She looks soooo ready! Amber trichs are at 5% by my estimate. Will she be getting a dark period before the chop? It will elongate and potentially create more trichomes in a desperate attempt to get pollinated. Emilya and I have distinctively found an increase in size of the trichomes. Seedlings are off... Nice! Good luck on the breeding. It's going to be a good harvest come Wednesday, :thumb:

How long should I leave her in the dark? I've heard about this before but I haven't looked into it.

I turned the lights off at 9am this morning so she'll have at least 24 hours of darkness before the chop.

24 to 48 Hours is the norm... I usually put mine in the dark on Thursday lights out and harvest on Saturday mornings. It's about 36 hours for me. It's not set on stone. Although you know l It's almost time... When she goes dark, it's kind of my ritual. I stop to let her see the "real" sun for a minute to take pictures then into a dark cold closet... Haha poor girls.

Back
Top Bottom