Does anyone know any good ways to start flowering outside

keithmar420

I heard that if you cover your outdoor plant at 8:00 pm and uncover it at 8:am that can start the flowering stage does this work and if it does work how long do I do this for

I was kind of wondering also but it depends on your strain.. of course heavy nitro may june july but late july early august you can go heavy on your potassium an phosprus and no nitrogen.. I believe it will encourage the plants to bud.. but I wouldn't cover anything outside...

Its about light cycles with Photo(non-auto) plants.
The basic explanation is MJ has a hormone that needs 12 hrs dark to kick in. Veg lighting is anything under 12 hrs continous dark. switching to a 12 hr light, 12 hrs dark schedule will induce the hormone to activate and switch th plant from veg to flower.
This is not a one time cycle. Experienced growers can get a plant to show sex and then switch back to veg light but I dont reccoment this to new growers. It can casue hermies and seed plants.
If you want to flower, make sure she gets 12hrs dark EVERYNIGHT until you ar ready to harvest. Which depending on strain will be about 8-12 weeks.
Nutrient introduction doesnt really matter. They do use more K during flower, but the rigid light schedule is most iportant and trumps all others. Some growers will give the plant a 24hr dark cycle the first day to induce more hormone prodction.
:peace:

This is known as force flowering. Many people will start flowering outdoors right now and within the next couple weeks.

As Spimp mentioned you are forcing darkness for your plant which will induce flowering. I've read and experienced that as soon as it gets at least 10-11 hours of darkness it will begin to flower. 12 hours is a traditional dark cycle.

Many people make the mistake of thinking that, for force flowering, they need to keep the cover on for 12 hours. This is not true and if you do that you can bring about moldy conditions.

You simply need to cover the greenhouse until it's fully dark outside. You don't need to cover it all night ;)

No less than 12 hours before day break. EX: if dawn is 630am, your gonna need to cover it at 630pm the night before. Then if it gets dark at 830 you can uncover it and wait to recover til the following day at 630. And so on.

Depending on the size of your plants you can use a black nontransparent bag or a carton box or whatever's gonna keep daylight out and you don't have to do it twice a day, it's enough to shorten the photoperiod once a day - just cut it down to 12 hours a day. I'm forcing my Afghani right now starting with 36 hours of total darkness.

Most of the time it takes 2 weeks before you can see a plant is in flower.

Depends on when it gets dark as far as when to cover it. Find out your sunrise/sunset

Keep in mind it takes about 30 minutes for the sunset to complete.

Example if the sunsets at 6:30pm it will likely be completely dark by 7:15pm. Then you must figure out sunrise, let's say it is 6AM, as an example. In that case you would only have to cover the crop at 6pm until 7:15pm then remove the cover. This would give you 12 hours of darkness to force flower.

As JJ Bones said, you don't need to cover the plant for 12 hours. You only need to cover the plant for that portion of the 12 hours for which there is daylight. For example, if sunset is at 9pm, and sunrise is at 5am, then you have about 8 hours of dark and 16 hours of light. So you want to cover your plant an additional 4 hours per day to bring the total dark time to 12 hours (8 hours natural dark + 4 hours induced dark).

You could either: 1) cover your plant 4 hours before sunset (then a little after sunset you could remove the cover so the plant could breath again), or 2) cover your plant just before sunrise (and remove the cover 4 hours after sunrise).

you have to be home every day to do this with on mess ups.Its really challenging the seasons move fast. the easiest way is to use pots and move them to a dark place at a set time.

Back
Top Bottom