Does this look over-watered or wilting?

I water with a garden sprayer, so it's pretty slow. When I get home I'll try and saturate it. It is hard to saturate though. The pot starts leaking out of the sides .

Do you guys recommended watering from the center until run off? I normally water around the perimeter

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Oh the joys of smart pots, you could start watering in the centre, 1 litre at a time and have a catch tray underneath, after you're done saturating it, let it soak up the run off.

Oh the joys of smart pots, you could start watering in the centre, 1 litre at a time and have a catch tray underneath, after you're done saturating it, let it soak up the run off.

Haha I hear ya. This is my first grow and I wanted to make it as easy as possible. Hence the smart pots. I'm definitely going to go coco the next round. The only thing I've had trouble with so far was watering.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'll go with this one on the next watering.

It just take some time and experience.

I grow in coco most of the time but key is same as soil, get them going in veg will give good drinking plants.
The bigger the final pot the longer they should veg in that pot.
I go from clones 2-3 weeks in quart pots and 2 - 4 weeks in final pot 3 - 5 gal.

Stuff that helps H&G Roots Exelurator and Great White Shark.
IMG_20161027_013226.jpg

Well, I put about a 1gal through each plant today. It was 3 days from their last watering. If they still look like this by tomorrow night, their getting starved for 7-10 days.

One of the bottom leaves started turning yellow on the topped plant too

420-magazine-mobile814042921.jpg
420-magazine-mobile470134995.jpg

Here is the topped one

420-magazine-mobile2013235114.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1847095669.jpg

I really hope they perk up by tomorrow.

Well, I put about a 1gal through each plant today. It was 3 days from their last watering. If they still look like this by tomorrow night, their getting starved for 7-10 days.

One of the bottom leaves started turning yellow on the topped plant too

420-magazine-mobile814042921.jpg
420-magazine-mobile470134995.jpg

Here is the topped one

420-magazine-mobile2013235114.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1847095669.jpg

I really hope they perk up by tomorrow.

Hmm. I think there is some issues that we don't know about here. After 3 days your plants should have been thirsty, they obviously weren't which means they have slowed their drinking (in regards to your situation). This is making me think you have some root issues, what is the PH of what you're watering?

Ph is at 6.8 and this time around I watered with Plain RO water. I also just calibrated my Pen before hand, thinking the same thing. However, the pen was dead on too. Hopefully she looks better.

I checked on them before lights out and she was looking a little better so maybe( fingers crossed) it was just being starved.

What is your temps?
6.8 is a little high for a soilless mix. I know for promix which is very similar, ph needs to be around 6.
Any new pictures?

Nah not a soiless mix. It's in FFOF, perlite, roots organic bloom, worm casting, and compost. It's an all organic grow. Temps range from 69-78.

Oh okay, that makes A LOT more sense. I was under the impression this wasn't a organic grow.

You're running your temps on the low side if they stay 73f. I actually ran an experiment for a week to see the different between 72f and 80f, my plant that had a leaf surface temp of 72f was progressing a lot slower than my 80f one, although it was using a similar amount of water.

I would suggest you run your temps a little higher and run your plant a little harder.

Ok sounds good. During light on, it's steady at 74-78. Lights out it stays around low 70's but on a colder night will drop to 66.

Maybe I'll run my fan at a lower speed to bring temps up.

Thats not a bad tempature to be at for during the day, I run 80f during the day now. :)
How far away are your lights? Since they're LEDS, you do have to keep them pretty close.
Are your LEDS 400 and 300 watt equivalent? Or do they pull 300-400 watts to be a 600 watt equivalent?

Not really sure. I have the Mars Pro II 400w w/bloom switch. As well as another 300w. As far as actual draw for each I'm not sure.

They are about 17in from tallest point of the plant. I let the girls grow into them to about 14in then bring the lights up back to 18in

Ok so them both combined is equivalent to a 450 watt HPS, I was just reading the specs on the Mars 2 400, in bloom it suggests you stay 12" -18" from the top of the plant. You are keeping them 17" most times which is at the higher end for the suggested height.

I myself use HPS, so I can't say much about LED'S, but I really think your plants aren't recieving enough PAR most of the time. I would try lowering the lights (both) to 12" and see how they respond (with enough light you can see a plant change quite a bit in 1 hour, whether it's repositioning the fan leafs or straightening itself out).

Keep your ligghts even closer (watch your RH, as soon as temps go up, RH drops) you need to strike a balance between light saturation, proper VPD, nutrients. If you run your plants hard, keep RH at 55% so the plant doesn't transpire too much and draw up too much nutrients. Also keep in mind photorespiration.

Oh okay, that makes A LOT more sense. I was under the impression this wasn't a organic grow.

You're running your temps on the low side if they stay 73f. I actually ran an experiment for a week to see the different between 72f and 80f, my plant that had a leaf surface temp of 72f was progressing a lot slower than my 80f one, although it was using a similar amount of water.

I would suggest you run your temps a little higher and run your plant a little harder.
I had this issue just recently. Started at the flip and she started drooping and drinking slow. I closed off the room to let the heat build up and now she's perked up. This of course was over a 9 day period it took me to figure this out. Ambient temperature of the veg tent was 90. Flower tent was 79. Closed the room and flower moved up to 90. Still too heavy to water but things are looking up.

Well it's been a 26hrs since I watered 1gal per plant, 1l at a time.

Good news and bad news. First the good news; see below

420-magazine-mobile1475613326.jpg

420-magazine-mobile138287774.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1488359043.jpg

Bad news, they were being starved of water for at least 7 days.

Thanks to everyone for the help, and the replies. It was a roller coaster troubleshooting Cassie and Jenna. Overwatering and under-watering just look so similar. I guess using the sprayer just didn't mesh well with my soil. I think the flow may have been too light to penetrate the drier soil, it looks like I'll be watering with my 1qt watering can.

Hopefully those leaf tips start recovering. They started curling pretty bad from being starved.

A big thanks to Michaels2016 for for this post, right here. I used this method to bring the ladies back to life.

Back
Top Bottom