Does this look over-watered or wilting?

Komplex180

A little background on the ladies. They are in their 13th day of flower, 5 gallon smart pots, FFOF amended with some goodies and perlite, and under one Mars Pro II 400w and a Mars 300w.

On day one of flower I watered the ladies. By the time I came home on day 7 I found them looking droopy(Obviously needed a drink).

By day 9 they started looking droopy again, I was surprised that they drank so much so again I watered. Took a peek on day 10 and they were all perky again, YES!

So I figured they were just drinking water a lot faster. By day 11 they were droopy again wtf! That was only 2 days! So AGAIN I watered.

I come home today(Day12) and they are still drooping.

So now to the big question, according to these pictures and the information above, am I over-watering or are these signs of wilting? This is my first grow, so please bear with me.

Droopy32.JPG
Droopy12.JPG
Droopy24.JPG
Droopy51.JPG
Droopy41.JPG

Thanks for the quick reply. I've felt them dry before and they aren't the lightest that I have felt them in the past. I'm just a little worried about them drying out too much. I'm not sure where I read it hear on the forum, but I specifically remember someone telling another member to not let them dry out too much in flower, and keep the soil moist. I definitely do not wanna drown them so I'll wait until they feel really light again. Its a little more difficult now that they are much larger though.

Thanks again

You could always buy a moisture meter since you won't be able to lift the pots once the plants are in the net

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It take some time to get used to it only practice help there.
With soil I try to water 2-3x a week.

In bloom I don't let it dry to much more like fresh soil.
How much you water will change throughout bloom.
I recognize that my plants dink less after 2-3 weeks and 5-6 weeks for some days.

Yeah I put a moisture meter in there and it was showing dry.

I initially planned on waiting at the least 5 days but this meter was telling me different. So I watered again today which will be 3 days past the last water. Some of the smaller leaves are starting to perk back up, but the big ones are still hanging low. I'll check on them again before lights out.

If it doesn't recover by then I'll let them dry for at least a week, or when I see wilt. I wanna start them on a fresh wet/drys schedule.

I'll check for weight and probably weigh the pots when this happens. This is gonna set my harvest back at least a week

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It does take time to get the right feel for how much you should water. It also depends on how humid your grow area is. Before I got a hygrometer, my plants dried out faster because I wasn't able to monitor the humidity and it was getting really low in the cold winter. Now I try to keep my humidity 50-60 and the pots don't dry out as quickly. I usually water 2x per week.

I like soil growing because I feel like it's more natural.

What are your temps like? Do you have good airflow? Mine would wilt like that once in awhile from too much heat...what I thought anyway.
I grow in soil, 2 1/2 gal containers and I water almost every day. I can go 3 days inbetween watering when I first transplant into their final pot but that pushes it. But I try to never let my pots dry up completely. But my temps are in the 70s and my humidity only gets up to mid 40s right now. A lot depends on your environment. I think coco requires alot of watering.IIRC

Don't really remember.

Today I watered about half a liter each. The girls are actually looking better though. I'm so confused.

Half a litre each? Oh wow. You definitely aren't overwatering per se. Your 5 gallon smart pot is roughly 15 litres, FFOF I assume can hold as much water as PROMIX, so your pot is able to roughly 6 litres as a max capacity. A plant that is grown properly and when it starts flowering should consume a litre a day as a low point.

If you've only watered a few litres at a time for this entire grow, I suspect your roots aren't as developed as we'd like. It'll also be compounded depending on how and when you transplanted etc.

I'd recommend you give your plants a nice good soak with at least 10 litres per pot. Since you have a air pot though, you probably won't be to saturate it fully (especially if you've let the medium get ultra dry). If you water slowly and little amounts at a time, you should be able to fully saturate it. It might take 20 minutes per pot.

Half a litre each? Oh wow. You definitely aren't overwatering per se. Your 5 gallon smart pot is roughly 15 litres, FFOF I assume can hold as much water as PROMIX, so your pot is able to roughly 6 litres as a max capacity. A plant that is grown properly and when it starts flowering should consume a litre a day as a low point.

If you've only watered a few litres at a time for this entire grow, I suspect your roots aren't as developed as we'd like. It'll also be compounded depending on how and when you transplanted etc.

I'd recommend you give your plants a nice good soak with at least 10 litres per pot. Since you have a air pot though, you probably won't be to saturate it fully (especially if you've let the medium get ultra dry). If you water slowly and little amounts at a time, you should be able to fully saturate it. It might take 20 minutes per pot.
I totally agree, you want to completely saturate the entire pot with every watering. You want to water slowly tho, diffuse the pour with your hand or use a watering can.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What are your temps like? Do you have good airflow? Mine would wilt like that once in awhile from too much heat...what I thought anyway.
I grow in soil, 2 1/2 gal containers and I water almost every day. I can go 3 days inbetween watering when I first transplant into their final pot but that pushes it. But I try to never let my pots dry up completely. But my temps are in the 70s and my humidity only gets up to mid 40s right now. A lot depends on your environment. I think coco requires alot of watering.IIRC

My temps are pretty good bro. 68-77f and 40-50rh

I totally agree, you want to completely saturate the entire pot with every watering. You want to water slowly tho, diffuse the pour with your hand or use a watering can.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I water with a garden sprayer, so it's pretty slow. When I get home I'll try and saturate it. It is hard to saturate though. The pot starts leaking out of the sides .

Do you guys recommended watering from the center until run off? I normally water around the perimeter

Back
Top Bottom