Dried Buds Too Much!

JBryan06

420 Member
My buds dried too fast and have become quit brittle. My plan was to dry until moisture reading was 10% then move them to paper bag for a long curing process. After my curing process i was going to store them in a sealed glass container with a two-way humidity pack. With my buds being so dry right now, should I add a two-way pack into my curing paper bags to bring the moisture level back up? Or should I wait tell after the curing to bring up my moisture levels? I'm curious if buds being to dry for a long period would demising the taste/quality. Any thoughts or ideas would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!!!

Not sure why 10% was your target. Typical target is 60%.You can try and rehydrate with Boveda 62 packs. With RH below 55% the curing process typically stops. I found this chart on the forums.
1599787127312.png

I apologize. My RH isn't that low. RH is 45%-55%. My moisture reading of the bud is 8% and my goal was to switch to curing once the buds reached 10% moisture reading.

really no need to use "paper bags" 10 years ago brown paper bags were the way to go - forget the bags and put in hard plastic containers that you can but at any discount/hardware store ( size 12inches long 3 inches wide can even get black one generally they come in clear ( used to use paper bags)* which was the way to cure buds many years ago using this system. make it easier use plastic containers w/ lids - then once ready for sure put in"amber"colored mason jars for yojr consideration

My buds dried too fast and have become quit brittle. My plan was to dry until moisture reading was 10% then move them to paper bag for a long curing process. After my curing process i was going to store them in a sealed glass container with a two-way humidity pack. With my buds being so dry right now, should I add a two-way pack into my curing paper bags to bring the moisture level back up? Or should I wait tell after the curing to bring up my moisture levels? I'm curious if buds being to dry for a long period would demising the taste/quality. Any thoughts or ideas would be extremely helpful.
I have had this same sort of problem. Dried the buds in a paper bag and went a day or three to long. I ended up putting the buds into a canning jar and just opening once a day. Since the buds were still on the sticks I figure it helped. The buds could pull the last of the moisture from the sticks. But it did not actually fix the problem, just helped keep it from being a total disaster.

Some other things to try that might help restore some of the moisture to the buds. One that I have tried a couple of times is to put the buds in a canning jar and add a small piece of Orange peel. The peel from a Navel Orange seemed to have more moisture and oils than that from the thinner skin juice oranges or Tangerines. This has brought the moisture level back up BUT my experience is that the piece of peel should be taken out very soon, like within a half hour. Wait a short time and check the buds and if they are still as moist as you want then time to roll it up. My experiences were that leaving the peel in for to long, sometimes just for an hour, would make the buds to moist. I also ended up tossing a small batch of buds because they never dried out after the peel was removed and started to smell moldy.

Something I did years and years ago with baggies of weed that was to try was to use a small piece of apple. Cut a piece and wrap in aluminum foil. Poke holes with a straight pin taken from the wife's sewing room. The moisture from the apple would slowly be absorbed by the buds. This worked a few times, about once out of every 5 attempts, and for the most part was more hassle than it was worth.

I have had this same sort of problem. Dried the buds in a paper bag and went a day or three to long. I ended up putting the buds into a canning jar and just opening once a day. Since the buds were still on the sticks I figure it helped. The buds could pull the last of the moisture from the sticks. But it did not actually fix the problem, just helped keep it from being a total disaster.

Some other things to try that might help restore some of the moisture to the buds. One that I have tried a couple of times is to put the buds in a canning jar and add a small piece of Orange peel. The peel from a Navel Orange seemed to have more moisture and oils than that from the thinner skin juice oranges or Tangerines. This has brought the moisture level back up BUT my experience is that the piece of peel should be taken out very soon, like within a half hour. Wait a short time and check the buds and if they are still as moist as you want then time to roll it up. My experiences were that leaving the peel in for to long, sometimes just for an hour, would make the buds to moist. I also ended up tossing a small batch of buds because they never dried out after the peel was removed and started to smell moldy.

Something I did years and years ago with baggies of weed that was to try was to use a small piece of apple. Cut a piece and wrap in aluminum foil. Poke holes with a straight pin taken from the wife's sewing room. The moisture from the apple would slowly be absorbed by the buds. This worked a few times, about once out of every 5 attempts, and for the most part was more hassle than it was worth.
remember "orange peels" do work -recently the "boveda challenge" did a 3 month test and it seemed that the boveda packs did influence beter RH BUT there was no smell and no taste with the boveda packs as were the UN treated buds were better tasting and smell was there

Back
Top Bottom