Drip system in place - What about nutes?

That's a good question, What you might do is put the fertilizer in at 1/2 strength Watch them for a few days and see what happens, U can always adjust it, I really don't think it will hurt or kill them. If u are not sure and no one else answers your post, That is what I would do. Do you have any pics of anything yet. I'm assuming that you are using hydro. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's a good question, What you might do is put the fertilizer in at 1/2 strength Watch them for a few days and see what happens, U can always adjust it, I really don't think it will hurt or kill them. If u are not sure and no one else answers your post, That is what I would do. Do you have any pics of anything yet. I'm assuming that you are using hydro. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm in soil. They are currently on a super slow drip timed. Straight water. I'll try your suggestion. I'll post results in a week or so. Thank you.

KIMG0113_2_.jpg
KIMG0112_1_.jpg
KIMG0108_2_.jpg
KIMG0111_1_.jpg
KIMG0109_1_.jpg
KIMG0110_1_.jpg

if your going to spend the time running the lines, you may want to think about using a drip ring that get the entire container watered. If you are in soil, like roots, foxx farm ocean forest, etc, not a soilless medium, your not going to dry out as often as say a 50/50 coco and perlite. So you will want to keep the entire container watered so as to keep the bennies alive and in full force. I would water every 3 days for 30 seconds give or take. You want it to dry out a little bit but at the same time not stay saturated. As the plants go throw growth spurts they will require a little more water, especially in flower. And YES, start off at 1/2 strength. I would also flush the medium prior to going into flower and at the final week of flower to get any build up of nutrient salts washed away. I assume your using an organic nutrient as well? a 1/4 inch drip line is nice as your nutrients will clog up anything smaller, lol. I run a drain to waste system and I like to see about 20-25% of my nutrient come out of the containers so as to NOT get a build up and lock out any nutrients. I use a 50/50 perlite and coco blend and synthetic nutrients. I have ran organics for over a decade and recently switched over to the hydro thang.

I just noticed your growing under fluorescents. Yea, there is no need for a drip system with only a couple plants. Unless your going on vacation or something. Your nutrient needs are less than a gallon every week. :) If you mix up say 10 gallons of nutrients, enough for 10 weeks, and just let them sit there for those 10 weeks they will spoil. Organics need to be used asap otherwise they will go anaerobic and start growing bad bacteria and start stinking. It would be a waste. I would just mix up what ya need as ya need it in a gallon jug. And with flouro's I would go 1/4-1/2 strength. Those lights do NOT put out enough for the plants to burn much food. Look at the lights as exercise for the plants. The MORE light, the more food they burn photosynthesizing.

I just noticed your growing under fluorescents. Yea, there is no need for a drip system with only a couple plants. Unless your going on vacation or something. Your nutrient needs are less than a gallon every week. :) If you mix up say 10 gallons of nutrients, enough for 10 weeks, and just let them sit there for those 10 weeks they will spoil. Organics need to be used asap otherwise they will go anaerobic and start growing bad bacteria and start stinking. It would be a waste. I would just mix up what ya need as ya need it in a gallon jug. And with flouro's I would go 1/4-1/2 strength. Those lights do NOT put out enough for the plants to burn much food. Look at the lights as exercise for the plants. The MORE light, the more food they burn photosynthesizing.
the nutes are very minimal at this point. I agree about bacteria growth. I keep the tank with just enough water to keep it going. Only watering once a day for 10 minutes. I watch them very closely since its my first grow. I did 1/2 strength nutes in a few days ago and only been adding water daily. Should I make a surround for them to reflect the light?

Back
Top Bottom