Dry vs Wet Trimming

Dry trimming because I live in a dry climate and leaving the sugar leaves on during drying helps to slow the process. It takes a little more time then wet trimming imo. Bud quality is about the same for me but like I said you have to put in the extra time. Wet trimming makes a mess on my gloves and trimmers, while dry trimming leaves me a little pile of kief, and not as much as you'd expect.
When I lived in a very humid state, I would wet trim to avoid mold because I wasn't able to control my environment back then.

I trim all the big leaves and anything not coated in trichs before I hang to dry. Then when its ready i break it down take out the stalks and put it in jars or bags to cure! I like to spread out the work load a bit.
:yummy:

Thanks! We bought a wet trimmer but were going back and forth if we should return and buy a wet trimmer. We plan on hang drying and using drying racks for some. Have a little over 2,000 plants to harvest within the next week or so, just looking at the pros and cons for each and which would be the best way to trim!

Thanks! We bought a wet trimmer but were going back and forth if we should return and buy a wet trimmer. We plan on hang drying and using drying racks for some. Have a little over 2,000 plants to harvest within the next week or so, just looking at the pros and cons for each and which would be the best way to trim!

Wet trim in bulk is always best.. I do the same. All wet. I have just under 3,500 plants now and I cant even imagine how much trichomies will be wasted if we did all that dry..

I like to trim all the fan leaves at harvest, but leave the sugar leaves on while drying. I find my trimmers don't get as gummy when i trim dry; honestly, most of the crispy sugar leaves just flake off when the trimmers hit.

Another little trick I use when trimming...

I have multiple pairs of trimming shears. The ones that I'm not using, sit in a shot glass of isopropyl alcohol. When one pair get too gummy, I switch. All the grime wipes right off with a paper towel.

I know a lot of people save their scissor hash from trimming. I just never have enough to be worthwhile, so it gets wasted away into a glass of alcohol & tossed when done.

Back
Top Bottom