Drying too fast

turksteelman

How do folks deal with parts of the world that have very little humidity and warmer temps? If you left the buds hanging upside down in this type of low humidity for a day the buds dry way too fast and the stem is still moist. I was thinking that perhaps the paperbag method would work better in this situation because of the slower water diffusion into the paper. Then into Jars for cure. Suggestions?

if they are drying to fast then strip the buds from the stem after the hang dry, put them into jars( will pull the moisture from the inside towards the outside) then bag them and then get them back into jars. Do not let them sit in the jars to long when they are still wet, this will cause more problems. repeat as needed...Just watch out for moisture in the jars, as it provides the perfect atmosphere for mold.... Let us know how it turns out....

Thanks for the inputs. Went with the paperbag method. This no humidity stuff is brutal! Should I be looking for 25% of my wet weight when it is dry?

way? what its mean?

Drying too fast will cause the smoke to be harsh because the chlorophyll has not been given time to breakdown. "Flash drying" will cause the chlorophyll to be preserved, which leads to a harsh grass-like taste and smell. :peace:

A suggestion...

You might try hanging wet towels in the drying cabinet/closet which will allow the evaporation of water, adding humidity to the atmosphere (slowing the drying process). This method will require careful monitoring, keeping the towels wet and attention to keep it consistant. It should also keep the air cooler and thats what you want. I also understand that the drying area should be dark, no light.

Hope this helps.

Started in paperbags but it was too wet. Moved out of the bags to the grow table to air dry for a day. Then back into paperbags. After 2 days, I put them in jars. I open at least 2x a day for about 10 minutes. I will monitor for mold and post progress. One thing I can say, this stuff smokes awesome! Great smoke report and its not even cured.

How about a humidifier, adjusting the level down a little bit each day?

NOT directly under the buds though lol.

9.5oz dry was the final tally. This means that when I weighed it wet and then dry, I lost about 83% of the weight. I'm still happy because this will keep me all year and then some. Party on folks

Bet it will be awesome after it finishes curing.

BtW, how much light did you grow it under?

And were you giving it any "bulking" agents such as BudSwell or the like?

Back
Top Bottom