Dubnation's - Indoor/Outdoor - Winter Grow Journal - 2016/2017

Thank you Mr. Krip!

I ended up reducing the lights down to 3-bulb after they had about 9 hours of darkness. I've been on a routine of every 5 days to give them 8-12 hours of darkness to rest. Today just happened to be a 5th day which was fortuitous.

They bursted with new growth from that little rest and have recovered well, but then again, I just turned on the lights again.

About the nute burn. I have them in roots organics soil from the very beginning with coco mixed in. I've only given them EWC and Guano as top dress once last week. Then the waterings have been with SuperThrive and Pro Tekt. pH is steady between 6.5 - 7. Do you think those 4 items could cause that type of burn? I guess the top dress takes time to settle so that is why?

Leaving in a week for 5 days so I'm VERY VERY worried about time away from the babies. A friend told me "a good farmer never leaves the farm until after the harvest."

I'm a bad farmer! lol

My guess is the Bat Guano was the culprit. It can burn young plants depending on the quantity applied, size of the plant, etc.

Here's a good old post on using Bat Guano:

Bat Guano for Organic Indoor Gardening w/RooRman

My guess is the Bat Guano was the culprit. It can burn young plants depending on the quantity applied, size of the plant, etc.

Here's a good old post on using Bat Guano:

Bat Guano for Organic Indoor Gardening w/RooRman

Thank you so much Doctor Krip! = ) In fact, that's gotta be the only reason. Mine was the Mexican Bat Guano ratio. I will hold off. Going to transplant into 1-gallon pots with just roots organic with EWC today. And once I water, hopefully that will semi-flush them from getting more nute burn. This morning they look ok. No more spread of the yellow.

Again, thanks for the diagnosis and troubleshooting!

Started to prune according to mainlining techniques. She looks so naked!

IMG_122640.JPG

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend (or start of the week for those outside the US).

Quick question:

My RH is about 50-60 max and my temps range from lower 80s to 87F. I'm reading about conditions (higher RH, lower temps) to induce more females especially during week 3 and week 4. I'm considering:

Option 1: adding another humidifier to my tent to increase RH to 65-75 (but this does nothing to lower temps)

or

Option 2: getting a swamp cooler (or evaporative cooler) which is supposed to reduce temps and raise RH.

Does anyone have experience with swamp coolers and would it accomplish what I want it to do? My tent is small 2x4' so hopefully a swamp cooler could even replace my oscillating fan and humidifier combo and ultimately save me some space in my tent?

Appreciate the help! Girls are growing very well, sorry no pics today (yet).

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend (or start of the week for those outside the US).

Quick question:

My RH is about 50-60 max and my temps range from lower 80s to 87F. I'm reading about conditions (higher RH, lower temps) to induce more females especially during week 3 and week 4. I'm considering:

Option 1: adding another humidifier to my tent to increase RH to 65-75 (but this does nothing to lower temps)

or

Option 2: getting a swamp cooler (or evaporative cooler) which is supposed to reduce temps and raise RH.

Does anyone have experience with swamp coolers and would it accomplish what I want it to do? My tent is small 2x4' so hopefully a swamp cooler could even replace my oscillating fan and humidifier combo and ultimately save me some space in my tent?

Don't have any experience for you. It just makes for a nice place for me to bitch that my central AC unit is not working. I will not call any service outfit on Labor Day so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Yesterday, it just tripped the breaker. Today, who knows.

82F in my house. 90F in the tent. Weeks 3 and 4. All fem seeds though so worst is possible hermie.

Don't have any experience for you. It just makes for a nice place for me to bitch that my central AC unit is not working. I will not call any service outfit on Labor Day so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Yesterday, it just tripped the breaker. Today, who knows.

82F in my house. 90F in the tent. Weeks 3 and 4. All fem seeds though so worst is possible hermie.

Oh man! Sucks. On Labor Day of all days. Hope your day got better though!

Day 19

I'm really enjoying pruning lower growth and watching the tops just push. All the girls seem very happy except the few with the yellow tips still. Most of the new tops for mainlining have not grown enough to start tying down, though that's something I'm super looking forward to do.

Rest of the girls who aren't mainlined I think I'll just do a 4-way LST and see how they take. With the exception of 1 of each Chronic and White Russian having never topped. The Chronic has their signature main cola look that I want to see what's the difference between the huge main cola and a mainlined Chronic.

Here are the girls today:

IMG_125928.JPG

IMG_126028.JPG

IMG_126227.JPG

And the yellow tips... I flushed today with filtered water which I hope will stop the continued yellowing.

IMG_126322.JPG

I also went ahead and ordered an Evaporative Cooler. Let's see if it'll work to lower my temps and increase my RH.

Quick question:

or

I haven't used a swamp cooler myself but have seen VERY mixed results. In a worst case, it will mold and blow spores all over your tent causing your buds/plants to mold!

If you're going to use a swamp cooler, the only recommendations I would have is to add some bleach to the reservoir and change the towels daily for fresh. :goodluck:

Hi folks! Sorry been MIA last 5 days. I went to the beautiful state of Colorado and was so worried about the girls, but my friend took great care of them. It's so late and I've been busy hanging out with them that I haven't taken any pictures. However they have grown so much that mainlining them seems to be such a waste! But I know the end will be better.

Swamp cooler came in and will install tomorrow. Temps still climb to mid 80s. Thanks for the warning about mold. I will keep a very close eye on them after install.

What I did want to share with the group was that while in Colorado I tried a strain called Nordle. It was FANTASTIC for my back pain. It was a 1:1 THC:CBD strain at 7%. I have to say that I'm very impressed and will try to grow that next after this round. My wife enjoyed it too, however we still enjoy getting a nice psychoactive high, so I don't think we will ever get too far on the CBD side of things.

It's getting crowded in my small 2x4 tent so I may move them into a 4x4 tent my buddy gave me a while back. I just don't want my study to be too cramped but then again, this "hobby" has been so much fun!

Pictures to come sometime this week. Work is a killer and taking 5 days off really didn't help. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hi folks! Sorry been MIA last 5 days. I went to the beautiful state of Colorado and was so worried about the girls, but my friend took great care of them. It's so late and I've been busy hanging out with them that I haven't taken any pictures. However they have grown so much that mainlining them seems to be such a waste! But I know the end will be better.

Swamp cooler came in and will install tomorrow. Temps still climb to mid 80s. Thanks for the warning about mold. I will keep a very close eye on them after install.

What I did want to share with the group was that while in Colorado I tried a strain called Nordle. It was FANTASTIC for my back pain. It was a 1:1 THC:CBD strain at 7%. I have to say that I'm very impressed and will try to grow that next after this round. My wife enjoyed it too, however we still enjoy getting a nice psychoactive high, so I don't think we will ever get too far on the CBD side of things.

It's getting crowded in my small 2x4 tent so I may move them into a 4x4 tent my buddy gave me a while back. I just don't want my study to be too cramped but then again, this "hobby" has been so much fun!

Pictures to come sometime this week. Work is a killer and taking 5 days off really didn't help. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

The Nordle is good for pain, and cannabis can be made into creme to apply direct on your back or capsule to take instead of pain meds :circle-of-love:
Herbal treatment is the best!!!

:thumb:
Welcome back Dub. I like hearing about High CBD strains. I am looking into them when I get around to making my 1st seed order.
I had read about the Nordle somewhere recently. I will have to add it to the growing list of possible strains to order.

Have a great day :passitleft:

Day 26

So after 5 days of being away, no pruning, no stress, these girls grow like... weed! LOL.

I'm trying to follow advice about the least amount of stress, so I'll let these girls go a little more and then start heavy training, pruning, topping etc... hope to get all females but hey, a guy can dream.

Here's a pic of my attempt to mainline/manifold:

IMG_130736.JPG

And here's the group shot (very crowded and messy):

IMG_130829.JPG

As ya'll know, I've been dealing with some yellow tips etc... Well, I've hoped that they were only nute burns but then I started to see more on the other girls. After bugging enough people, I believe I have figured it out lol.

Since I've been giving them only ACT with heavy N, I have not really helped the cause with enough K. Yes I did foliar spray with Pro Tekt is 0-0-2 but I've only done that once.

Went to my local Hydro shop and my boy gave me some free samples to try. He says it definitely looks like lack of Potassium. So he gave me the highest rated Silicate out there at 11%. It's a Potassium Silicate, pictured here:

IMG_131832.JPG

And I'll be using this in my next water (probably tomorrow evening) at 2ml per gallon (on the low side to start).

Here are the leaves showing K deficiency:

IMG_131424.JPG

IMG_131229.JPG

Hope this helps others in my situation during veg.... Will report on any change upcoming. Can't wait to start pruning these girls and getting them organized. Just two more days to go!

Back
Top Bottom