DV8s Sweet Treats Grow Ft All New Viparspectra XS1500 PRO

Good morning Deeve :)
Good Morning T!
She looks great! Really great!

She will fill your jars of sho!
Thanks Tra, she isnt too bad.

She looks like shes got a bit of potential when she decides to finish her flowering.

Your Runtz girl looked heavy in your pics, hopefully Miss Muffin can emulate that sort of finish.

Here she is. By the calender she has 2 weeks left, she will go a long way past that I think unless she goes hard very very soon.

Her smell is really potent, even on a casual brush. She smells like a cross between medicine and antiseptic, meaning its like sort of chemical, sort of sweet, and with soft floral overtones.

Barneys suggest she is genetically geared toward higher THC, if her aroma is anything to go by Id believe it.

Cant figure out if shes hungry, cold, or not loving whats at her feet. Whatever it is she keeps pulling from her leaves.
20230527_153121.jpg

Beautiful girls and pics, I seem to read a story via your pics.:nomo:

She looks really good, Deeve!
Thanks Hash Girl. Nearing the end hoping for some magic.
Beautiful girls and pics, I seem to read a story via your pics.:nomo:
Does it say this is my favourite light Ive ever owned!? Because its been fantastic. Miss Muffin has shone under it the entire grow.

Day 110
Flip Day 63
Flower Day 51

Ok, so Miss Muffin is creeping toward the end.

Looking back theres a few things I would do differently, the most obvious would be to back up on the flower nutes and just used a cal mag and N+ additive instead of the last one or two feeds, or a least pulled the strength out of them.

I was reviewing @Trala s Runtz Muffin grow, and her poor girl got a bit sensitive at the 6/7 week mark too.

I have a couple of clones coming through, so adjustment can be made.

20230531_165439.jpg
20230531_165454.jpg

Peering at her from the bottom I can see her moving toward the final push of flower, the stage where all pistils are out and the growth begins in the calyxes.

I'll keep an eye on her anticipating shes beginning her final push.

Her colas on the short thin stems are leaning, so shes certainly holding more weight.

If she goes the way most of my girls have in the past then she might come in at the heavier end.

At a guess she would be a 3 to 3.5 Oz now, if she doubles up in her finish, skies the limit.

So I was looking over this girl and it got the better of me, a quick search showed from very similar grows to how Miss Muffin is turning out.

Had me wondering as her structure is pretty legit, but her colouring is way off.

Look I might have cooked her a bit searching for answers, but Im 90% sure shes turning out exactly how she is meant to.
20230601_063653.jpg
20230601_063907.jpg
20230601_064016.jpg
20230601_064035.jpg
20230601_064107.jpg

Forgot to get pics, too busy with the veg girls.

Gave her a full watering, for whatever reason shes increased her uptake instead of going the opposite way.

Shes beginning to eclipse the expected timeframe of full flowering, so for giggles Ill pull out the loupe tomorrow.

Her smell is heavy, and is unable to be contained in the space with the smaller scrubber Im currently using.

Shes wildly sticky, probably the stickiest yet, credit to the ViparSpectra light, nute mix and Barney's Farm genetics.

Even a very light or casual touch against her anywhere results in a pore clogging, intense residue with a heavy taint.

Barneys lists her with a Lavender among the aromic profile for this strain, its truly noticeable. I think its something like lavender x catnip x teatree oil. Thats not all together appetising, but definitely strong.

My eyes tell me she has a bit of time to go, but she's officially in the latter stages of her budding cycle given the above observations.

Ill renew this light through another grow cycle for another Barney's
" Sweet Treats" candidate, Ill narrow that down to a clone of current strains, or another seedling of the remaining varieties Ive not yet tried.

Pics tomorrow, and Ill add more thoughts on this fantastic light as this grow heads toward an ending.

My my did the week run away again....

Got home a wee bit late for tent pics.

All the same, had my grow buddy come over last night to chew the fat and discuss all things Canna.

After having a bit of poke around and discussion we have similar thoughts about Miss Muffin.

Ill stagger her feeds a little bit further out and try and get a bit more heat in the tent.

Her colas are loaded and well formed but quite light. Thinking she has not really decided to give up just yet and come around to her final push.

Theres plenty of new sugars pushing out, and in some places theres clear foxtailing.
Given the light distance and lower temps Im of the mind to say she wants to desperately try to give it her all before the turn.

Its up to her, but hopefully this time next week its time for her last phase.

And as an aside we put our necromancy vibe on and made our declaration of estimates on her finishing day(s) and weight.

Hoping 3 weeks, and if she follows the rule of bulking we both give her a good shot at being the biggest girl yet.

Just a bit of fun in what can otherwise be downright serious discussion surrounding growing the best plants we can. Easy to get locked into logistics, techniques and scheduling for hours and forget about the lighter side.

I really like your pics very much, and also Miss Muffin, she's really beautiful.:kiss:

Day 121
Day 74 since Flip
Day 62 since Pistils

Miss Muffin got a bit of leaning going on, finally she has decided to go outwards haha!
20230611_095620.jpg

Tra talked about this plant smelling like cats piss. Today I can confirm.

Smells a bit like an incontinent Tomcat or like a litterbox left in the sunny side of the house.

She lost her sweetness and went feral cat.

Few pistils browning off. I still have no idea if she will do a traditional swell or not.
20230611_095638.jpg

Has a real outdoors kind of look about her, although her colas run deep from tip to toe.
20230611_095735.jpg

I guess its wait and see
20230611_095655.jpg

Otherwise she has plenty of ambers in her older sugars and the odd new one still coming out.

She lazes in that tent like houso on a bean bag. If anything her spread is now too wide for the best light.
20230611_095952.jpg

Got a feed today. Thanks for stopping in.

Still with the foxtailing and waiting on her to decide its time to crinkle in and finish. At least shes a pretty misfit.

Adding another light has raised the ambient temps in the tent. She reminds me of the auto I grew. Maybe made the same mistake of letting her get too tall.
20230614_063416.jpg

These shots are closer to her true palette.

Pics show her more dense than actual, the are for now more airy than solid.

Few starting to lean in a sign shes started stacking.

20230614_063629.jpg
20230614_063640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom