DWC Closet Minigrow OSSC White Critical

Day 2 she is starting to look happy, just getting straightened up from the scrog screen/fence wire.
I changed the power to the lights from 100 watts to 200, and raised from 15" to 25" Ill try to drop this down a little more hoping to reduce stretch.
This little clone has had a rough way to go getting here, I let it dry out in soil to near death, had an ongoing spidermite problem, a rough transplant, and stalled growth because of the temperature. Spidermites are long gone as far as I know, but im still on the lookout.
Temperature and room/space are the biggest issues Im expecting. I may have to add a heater.
Ive changed a few things around since the last round and added or replaced a couple things,nothing major. Indoor/outdoor thermometer water temperature thermometer, and a timer are the biggest change... And no soil. At least not yet.

Just a all update for day 8. It seems like they're into the streach, from past grows Im expecting the streach to be done by a couple weeks 12/12.
This is my first scrog with the screen but I think the tucking is almost done.
Im going to do some more trimming under the screen, and hopefully find some clone candidates before getting any farther into flowering.
The closer my plant is to Veg cycle the easier it takes root. The farther into bloom I take a clone the less time I have to keep a separate area going. Space is a premium I dont have a lot of.

Im getting closer to getting my temperature to good but I have oddly been having lower tempratures in the closet than the outside room... Maybe the dwc is having a swampcooler effect.
Ive lowered my driver from the exhaust to the floor near the resavoir/tote and put the air pump on the driver to draw warmer air.
Still getting lower temp than I would like low 60's getting close to 70.
Ill be changing the nutrients to bloom nutes next change, and update pictures.

Day 9 resavoir change.
I switched pure blend grow to pure blend pro(soil).
I raised my ppm to about 1100 .7 scale
My ph is a little low starting, I'm just using drops to test so no numbers. Anyway here's some new pics:)
20191201_022535.jpg
20191201_022535.jpg
20191201_022728.jpg
20191201_022745.jpg
20191201_023333.jpg

I've not been able to spread out the shoots as evenly as I wanted.
Hopefully it wont be overcrowded on that side. As you can see in the pictures the structure of the plant is quite lopsided to the left being bigger. The bigger side is also more full in the screen.
Im really just winging it on filling the screen, Keep tucking or let it go? Im thinking at least another week of streach. The preflowers are really taking off now,....next stop qtip sized buds soon..I hope.

Scuba Mites I guess. Not looking too good, and already pretty well into flowering.
Drinking steady still around a gallon every couple days to top off.

Botanicare
silica blast 2ml
Calmag+2ml
LiquidKarma 10ml
PureBlendPro soil 15ml

Usualy about 1100 ppm .7 scale? RO water around 50ppm I'll have to check.
The ppm in the resavoir is staying pretty steady, so Im not sure how much of the damage is too much light, too much nutes, how much scuba mites.
Im not fealin to optimistic here on making it to something smokable. Its a long way to go yet.

Ill try and get a picture of the bugers, lil white like 1/10grain rice just hanging out in my resavoir like a weed pool party

My ph is making a big jump up. It's been pretty steady till now. Between that and the bugs in the resavoir I'm pretty concerned.

Ive never done a flush before, but I'm getting ready to. RO water takes too long to change quickly so I'm going to use tap water she'd and wash out the medium in the basket. I really don't want to be doing anything drastic or adding pesticides. So tapwatter flush then I'll mix new nutes and pack off the ppm some also.

Day 9 resavoir change.
I switched pure blend grow to pure blend pro(soil).
I raised my ppm to about 1100 .7 scale
My ph is a little low starting, I'm just using drops to test so no numbers. Anyway here's some new pics:)
20191201_022535.jpg
20191201_022535.jpg
20191201_022728.jpg
20191201_022745.jpg
20191201_023333.jpg
I dismissed the darker parts on the roots as soil I didnt get completely washed off.
I'm not sure maybe it was maybe it wasn't the beginning of trouble. Looking back at it now

Day 24? I guess that could go to the smoke report...lol
I added 1 tbsp bleach to the tap water in the resavoir. It seemed to kill off the little burgers pretty well. I took the transfer and topfeed it to wash it out. I'm going to run it one more time and switch back to the regular nute mix, but without the silica blast or liquid karma.

Day 32 resavoir change adding more calmag plus and hydroplex. I also added 1 teaspoon bleach to the 5 gallons of nutes.
There was again the little bugs in the resavoir just not nearly as much as before. I'm going to continue with that amount of bleach at complete change and may add a small amount at the midweek tipoff.
I think this may be a way to keep the bugs down without using more questionable poison pesticide type solutions.
At any rate, she's hanging in there hopefully it'll make it to smokable bud

Definitely the bugs are a big concern. But while the bleach will most likely kill them off I am not sure how the plant would like it. Have you noticed any obvious reaction when you first started using it.? Only other thing I see is maybe the ph is just a little high and I would bet you could jump your ec. quite a bit higher. Could be cannibalizing the fan leaves because she is hungry.

Definitely the bugs are a big concern. But while the bleach will most likely kill them off I am not sure how the plant would like it. Have you noticed any obvious reaction when you first started using it.? Only other thing I see is maybe the ph is just a little high and I would bet you could jump your ec. quite a bit higher. Could be cannibalizing the fan leaves because she is hungry.

I was told by the hydro shop to run a much higher ppm than I have been previously.

I'm a dwc noob and to determine nute strength I watched water level I've been watching my resavoir ppm and it's fairly consistent at around 1000 ppm but more likely to increase. The ph was staying pretty consistent. Now the ph has a quicker ph change over the week. I actually added ph down with the last top.
I'm going to give it a good flush tapwater,hopefully it'll at least wash off some of the bugs, and fresh resavoir change. Fingers crossed

Day 39. I didnt see any bugs in the resavoir. The ph had climbed back to high 6's already and ppm was still pretty steady.
I made a big change in the nute mix bumping up the ppm and adding silica and liquid karma too. Most of the fan leaves are toast, and I'll probably remove them soon.

Back
Top Bottom