DWC sudden wilt!

Lets try this

Natural light pics of roots and net pots

Distance water below net pots

Any enzyme cleanersike hydroguard or z7

Water temp
Air temp at plant tops

Check stem base at root puck, if used, for rot

You might want to try growing some autoflowers in Living Organic Soil.
Either 7+ gallon fabric pots with bottom 3rd filled with super soil.
Or 15+ gallon fabric pots filled with a Clackamas Coots Living Organic Soil and just water with coconut water and aloe vera.
That should give you about the easiest and fastest way to get a good crop.
Thanks, unfortunately things are a bit tight right now for purchasing new stuff so i have to work with what Ive got on hand. Also my grow space is only 2x4x6, so not a whole lot of room for huge pots. But i do have some fabric pots ranging from 2-5 gal that i may pull off the shelf. Got my old ac up and running and shooting to get my bloom cabinet hooked up to it this weekend. My girl in veg is starting to show some clear slime on her roots, so may move her out of dwc too.

Thanks, unfortunately things are a bit tight right now for purchasing new stuff so i have to work with what Ive got on hand. Also my grow space is only 2x4x6, so not a whole lot of room for huge pots. But i do have some fabric pots ranging from 2-5 gal that i may pull off the shelf. Got my old ac up and running and shooting to get my bloom cabinet hooked up to it this weekend. My girl in veg is starting to show some clear slime on her roots, so may move her out of dwc too.
Gotta do what ya gotta do best you can.

I am growing in a bathtub that is 2.5' x 5' x9' space and I use two 25 gallon fabric pots in a LOS no-till type setup.
Once you get it set up and cover crop going and worms and Rove Beetles all chewing then it mostly just sustains itself.
You just add a few tablespoons of amendments to feed the worms and microbes, like Gro-kashi, kelp meal, oyster shell flour, malted barley, maybe the occasional organic banana peel.
The pot basically just becomes a big digester that creates most of it's own nutrients all 100% natural.

Overall as long as you get your soil right it just gets better with age and cheaper and cheaper.

20191102_142201.jpg

Dude that is a gorgeous setup! I've been very curious about no till growing, but had concerns since everyone that's doing them live in milder climates and I have big concerns about attracting unwanted pests (we've got LOTS of bugs) also heard that taste, aroma, terps, etc are UN MATCHED with no till. I never really intended to go DWC but had to make a snap judgment to save some plants who were over stressed and dying.
Also. Which lights are you using?
My main fixture is a 315 LEC, which i love BUT runs too hot for my small set up. If i dont have AC piped in the temps stay in the 100s! May be going LED soon.

Dude that is a gorgeous setup! I've been very curious about no till growing, but had concerns since everyone that's doing them live in milder climates and I have big concerns about attracting unwanted pests (we've got LOTS of bugs) also heard that taste, aroma, terps, etc are UN MATCHED with no till. I never really intended to go DWC but had to make a snap judgment to save some plants who were over stressed and dying.
Also. Which lights are you using?
My main fixture is a 315 LEC, which i love BUT runs too hot for my small set up. If i dont have AC piped in the temps stay in the 100s! May be going LED soon.

Thanks.
Nothing beats a proper LOS no-till as far as taste aroma terps etc.
Also if you have your predator bugs like Rove Beetles you wont have any kind of flies or gnats, the Rove Beetles devour anything that touches the soil.
My lights I made myself, sounds tricky but it's really a total piece of cake to do.

Here's my soil with the worms and Rove Beetles, the beetles stay in the pot, rarely roam, once and awhile one or two will bail or get stuck on a bud but they mostly just stay in the soil.

Woow, that's crazy! Love it! Just picked up some castings and perlite at the Depot. Gonna do a 1:blushsmile:1 coco, castings, perlite mix tonight for my dwc girls to move into and then keep it as a base for a no till bed after they're done

Woow, that's crazy! Love it! Just picked up some castings and perlite at the Depot. Gonna do a 1:blushsmile:1 coco, castings, perlite mix tonight for my dwc girls to move into and then keep it as a base for a no till bed after they're done
If you do a Living Organic Soil no-till then a few things are important.
The soil is everything, and it will be your soil for years so dont skimp on the soil at all.
And you need at minimum a 15 gallon FABRIC pot, 25 gallon is better.
You will just grow soil, the soil does the rest.
Personally I would buy a few bags of Buildasoil Oly Mountain Modern mix 2 LOS and a 12# bag of Craftblend amendment, a bag of cover crop, bag of Gro-kashi, the best quality mycorrhazae inoculate that you can find, I use Rootwise Microbe Complete.
Bag of powdered coconut and aloe vera.
Small bag of organic Alfalfa seeds for Sprouted seed tea.
A pound of worms and 500 Rove Beetles.
That should last you a couple years right there.

So tonight I pulled the sick girl in bloom and my pretty healthy girl in veg who had some slime on her roots and moved them both into fabric pots full of coco/perlite/worm castings and then drenched them in a heavy dose of recharge tea. Because the bloom plants roots were so tangled up under the net pot i wound up leaving her in it and just eased the roots into the coco mix and gently backfilled around them. The veg girl popped right out of the net pot and went right into the coco mix.

Attachments

• 20191109_212906.jpg
    20191109_212906.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20191109_212146.jpg
    20191109_212146.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20191109_212140.jpg
    20191109_212140.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20191109_210736.jpg
    20191109_210736.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20191109_210724.jpg
    20191109_210724.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20191109_210706.jpg
    20191109_210706.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 66
So it's been 24 hours and everyone is still alive. The sad looking mango is still hanging in there, still some drooping of outer tips, but still a few green leaves. The girl in veg looks quite happy so i feel good about the decision to repot her. She's a good size to flip but i should giver her roots some time to fill out. Her daughter clones are looking okay and may become something once their roots fill out some more. I had started another mango seed a few weeks ago as insurance as all of them were iffy and that seedling is looking real happy. Was planning to retire that cut I've been cloning for the past 1.5 years from the one seed. Has some weird node spacing drift which is apparently common when your mother is the great great great grand daughter of the seed you popped LOL. Maybe once i get clones of the new seedling i will send the last of the original pheno flower out and start new. Meanwhile have one northen lights and two blue berry seedlings doing well, just now showing some serrated leaves.

You plant might have been drowning in that bucket ..the water level in a hydro bucket should never touch the basket ..at least 1-2 inches lower than the bucket ..air stones create mist which tease the roots down .

Hopes this works out for you . When I contemplated transplanting a Baker-street strain that was getting too big for my tent I researched this and the outcomes were pretty unfavorable but I was already 3 weeks into flower so I let her be .
Good luck!! :)

Thanks! I normally kept the water level below the basket but filled it higher for 24 hours with some bleach water to kill off some bacterial slime on the roots. I added an extra air stone to assist but who knows, she may be toast...just trying some hail Marie's to keep her alive. She's in coco now and I'm going aggressive with beneficial microbes and enzymes. Fingers crossed. It's definitely been a learning experience for sure

So it's been 48 hours since transplanting both girls to coco mix and they're still alive. The girl in bloom isn't thrilled with life but starting to form a few small buds. The girl in veg is looking good, starting to show me some yellow leaf tips, maybe a mag deficiency? The new mango seedling looks happy as can be sitting in a net pot with a small air gap kratky style. All she's had since germinating is 2 cap fulls of clone food. Also the clones from the veg girl and my northen lights and blue berry seedlings are still doing well, nothing stellar going on, but still green and upright so I'll take it!

Attachments

• 20191111_193937.jpg
    20191111_193937.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20191111_193924.jpg
    20191111_193924.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20191111_193857.jpg
    20191111_193857.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20191111_193840.jpg
    20191111_193840.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20191111_193800.jpg
    20191111_193800.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 53
If you do a Living Organic Soil no-till then a few things are important.
The soil is everything, and it will be your soil for years so dont skimp on the soil at all.
And you need at minimum a 15 gallon FABRIC pot, 25 gallon is better.
You will just grow soil, the soil does the rest.
Personally I would buy a few bags of Buildasoil Oly Mountain Modern mix 2 LOS and a 12# bag of Craftblend amendment, a bag of cover crop, bag of Gro-kashi, the best quality mycorrhazae inoculate that you can find, I use Rootwise Microbe Complete.
Bag of powdered coconut and aloe vera.
Small bag of organic Alfalfa seeds for Sprouted seed tea.
A pound of worms and 500 Rove Beetles.
That should last you a couple years right there.

The more I've thought about it, the more curious i am about building a TLO soil/ecosystem in a big fabric pot.
Due to $$ I won't be able to invest much at the moment, BUT my most recent transplants used a 1/1/1 mox of coco, perlite, and worm castings. So even running in that will help establish a base (feeding lots of recharge & fish emulsion) that being said i may order a bag of earthworms next pay day and start adding my long game components a little at a time. I.e. i can start vermicomposting in my fabric pots, heck even leave some in a bin of bedding and toss some veggie scraps and coffee grounds here and there LOL. Then acquire more inputs over time. Will probably DM you questions, but my biggest concern is attracting roaches. It seems any time i attempt composting or even semi no till gardening at home i find sooo many roaches in the soil...mrs cough says a big NO to that. Have you had any issues with them?

I've seen one roach in the 3+ years that I've had my no-till pots going.

I would try to use 25 gallon fabric pots if you can and get a cover crop going before you add worms, you want to make the pot as hospitable as possible for them so they wont crawl out.

Buildasoil will most likely have some kind of black Friday type sale going soon, should probably save you about 30%

I read your post's and first off, slow down. DWC isn't that hard, it's just like driving a Ferrari instead of a VW.:oops:;) Lets see if I can explain it. I live in the desert and heat has never been a problem. Ran the AC anytime temps. got up past 80 degrees in the grow room. Also used 3 or 4 small fans to more the air. So I suggest you get out that AC. Air pump isn't the cause of heat, but a better pump, like a piston driven pump will put out more air (what size air stone are you using) and help with growing more roots. Like NH said, you're drowning your roots....keep your H2O 1/2-1 inch beneath the root pot. I too use to have problems with slime and the occasional "brown roots", but two things I do all the time now, is CLEAN my buckets every two weeks and I use "ROOT 66" religiously the first month after transplanting my clones or seedlings and I've NEVER had that problem again. Easy on the nutes after transplanting. Hope that helps some what.

AzLaker
:cool:

I read your post's and first off, slow down. DWC isn't that hard, it's just like driving a Ferrari instead of a VW.:oops:;) Lets see if I can explain it. I live in the desert and heat has never been a problem. Ran the AC anytime temps. got up past 80 degrees in the grow room. Also used 3 or 4 small fans to more the air. So I suggest you get out that AC. Air pump isn't the cause of heat, but a better pump, like a piston driven pump will put out more air (what size air stone are you using) and help with growing more roots. Like NH said, you're drowning your roots....keep your H2O 1/2-1 inch beneath the root pot. I too use to have problems with slime and the occasional "brown roots", but two things I do all the time now, is CLEAN my buckets every two weeks and I use "ROOT 66" religiously the first month after transplanting my clones or seedlings and I've NEVER had that problem again. Easy on the nutes after transplanting. Hope that helps some what.

AzLaker
Thanks for the info!
Yeah i got my Ferrari up on the highway and ran her right off the road into a ditch...then tried to put out the flames with coca cola LOL.
Was definitely using an aquarium air pump and it was making my res HOT. The pump was getting hot and a dew hours after turning it off it'd settle down a little. Are you running a chiller with your setup?
Joking aside i have a new girl vegging in a bucket kratky style with no air running and just a cap full of clone food and she's doing great. Just gonna leave her alone and start taking clones off her in a few weeks. Our temps have finally chilled out a few degrees but with the 315 running my bloom cabinet gets into the 100s!
I moved my dwc girls into coco but i think the one is a goner. I do worry about raising suspicion scrubbing gear out in the driveway every 2 weeks but will give it another try.
Live and learn and I've learned a lot over the past few weeks.
My mango clones are getting settled in and popping new leaves so that's good!

Attachments

• 20191113_205528.jpg
    20191113_205528.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20191113_205458.jpg
    20191113_205458.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20191113_205455.jpg
    20191113_205455.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20191113_205438.jpg
    20191113_205438.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 55

AzLaker

Hey AZLAKER i wonder how the root 66 compares to canna's rhizotonic? Asking because I have half a bottle's worth on the shelf

Back
Top Bottom