Eatin's First Grow - CFL - Soil - Bag Seed

GardenofEatin

Hey all, Gardenofeatin here with my first ever grow. A micro-grow.

I've been a pothead for about 10 years, just now getting into growing and I love it. Everything about it, except when I come home and my ladies are a little off :/. I hope through this grow, and my journey on this site to soak every bit of knowledge about growing and this culture I can. As I'm looking to get into the MMJ field in some aspect because I feel it is a wonder plant.

Anyways enough blabbing time for some details.

What strain is it?
Unknown bag seed

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Unknown

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
VEG
If in Veg... For how long?
entering week 2

If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
Currently Miracle-Gro/perlite 70/30
Will probably switch it up on final transplant

If soil... What size pot?
Not sure but 10in. Educated guess.

Size of light?
1 40 true watt 2700k CFL
1 23 true watt 2700k CFL
4 23 true watt 5000k CFL
= "650 fake watts" @ approx. 10k Lumens

Is it aircooled?
Literally, window closest to grow box is open with the box cracked a little until I can get a proper cooling system worked out (works fine currently IMO)

Temp of Room/cab? Currently unknown, hydrometer is on the list of things to get when funds become available.

RH of Room/cab?
See above

PH of media or res?
Media=7 working on bringing it to a manageable 6-6.5

Any Pests ?
This last watering I noticed 1 small ugly fly and a couple tiny gnats. Any info would be appreciated on what those could be

How often are you watering?
Every 2-3 days as needed. Flushing every 2 weeks is the plan as of now.

Type and strength of ferts used?
Not at home ATM but the name is "Schultz indoor plant food" it is like 10-10-20 I think. Seems to be working but I'm afraid of the Chem's in my current soil/nutrients tbh.

So that's all the info I have for now. Pic's to come within the next couple of days. Life has been kicking my butt lately so I haven't been able to surf the forums much at all.

Any and all feedback is welcome. I'm particularly interested in any info about good organic ferts, good CFL set-ups, affordable RO/distilled water, and TRIMMING. I want my lady's to be short and bushy.

Grow box info to come with next update along with pix.

Roll on,
GardenOfEatin

Subbed! We can ride out our first grows together. Pictures my dude pictures! A picture is worth a thousand words or some silly cliche like that. How many plants? If you want short and bushy keep the cfl's close to the plant! Within inches. Hold your hand under the light for 10 seconds and if it's too hot for you it's too hot for the ladies. Ladies first know what I mean :icon_cool

Thanks fella's, will check your guy's current grows out this coming week. Been a crazy couple of weeks prepping for spring. Anyways heres an update.. with pix hopefully if I can upload...

I am officially into week 3 of veg. I transplanted and moved my 3 lady's to their final grow spot. They outgrew their last pots and I had to neglect them for a couple days so I personally feel they are a little stunted, but seem to be bouncing back well.

As said before, I currently sit with 3 plants left standing. They all seem to be doing well. Last night I had a couple doobies in me and I decided to have a go at FIM'ng and 1 plant has already popped 4 tops, the other 2 plants have both popped 2 with more on the horizon I hope.

I plan to flip to flower March 3rd. I hope to get a decent 150-300 Watt LED and a few more CFL's in here before then. Maybe set up a seaOG.

Thanks for stopping in guys,
GOF

20160220_232328.jpg
20160220_231401.jpg
20160220_231347.jpg
20160220_231330.jpg
20160220_231317.jpg
20160220_231308.jpg

Here is my first attempt at posting pictures. Thank you Snid for the direction. My next update will be prime with pix. I plan on adding more CFL'S by then. It looks like these lady's could use it

20160220_231317.jpg

That's a nice little grow spot, you ought to be fine with those cfls. You'll need more for flower though, but if you do add some consider using different spectrums, 2700k-6500k. Say 2 @ 6500k and one at 2700k for veg, the mostly 2700k for flower. Also you'll need to get that room sealed off from light leaks. Bagseeds are generally photoperiod seeds and as per my experience a tendency to hermie. So light leaks at night are a major concern even during veg it could induce it to be a male plant too.

Thank you for stopping in Snid. I do plan on switching out half of my 5000k lights for 26-2700k that my local hardware store supplies. When I switch over to flower how many actual watts do you suggest I should add?

I will work on sealing the room off from light leaks better next week on my days off. As of now there is only a tiny bit of external light reaching the room but enough to make me want to work on it.

Thank you,
Goof

To be honest, with cfls it will never seem to be enough. At least that's how I felt. At one point I had 6 t5s and about 18 23w cfls. T5s on top and cfls wrapped around like a Christmas tree, save a few inches space for heat. But I've seen journals where people do fine with only a few. The key is in the training in order to keep an even canopy so as to be able to easily shine light where you want. If you don't train and grow naturaly then you'll want to put some bulbs where the buds are, since the cfls optimal distance is only 1-2 inches for maximum luxes. I kinda just babbled that out hope it makes sense.

KiG, cheers

Subbed... those are some nice ladies you have there, they look good and happy, healthy. I'm just finishing up my first indoor grow with cfls here soon. I started out with a couple 40 watt 3500k bulbs and just kept addin 23 watters through out the grow. Ended up splitting up my lights into 2 spaces, I really like the t8 flouros for veg, I use minimal spiral bulbs in my veg box now. But in the flower box, 4- flouro 4200k t8 bulbs, 2-40 watt 3500k spirals, and 8 - 23 watt 2700k bulbs gets the job done on 2-3 medium size plants. One thing I wished I would had done in my grow sooner is monitor ph closer, and keep up with the weight of my pots (how much water the girls use between feeding) Goodluck bud looking fwd to seeing how these do.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom