Ever watch a 5' tall female take a shower? (PIC)

4_5wk_59in.jpg

I have.... :smokin:

You my friend, are a dirty dirty boy... And she is a beautiful girl you got there. Keep her clean :winkyface:

Damn that's sexy.

on the buds and leaves too? I only flush the roots, for the last 7 -10 days.. doesn't that direct water break down the resin cystals?

Trichomes are not water soluble. Some could be knocked off if too much force is used but they won't break down or dissolve.

on the buds and leaves too? I only flush the roots, for the last 7 -10 days.. dosn't that direct water break down the resin cystals?

The majority of the water hits the soil and what does hit the foliage, hits the plant on the low side where there's nothing but popcorn bud anyway..... I find this to be a fine method for flushing.

For instance, I flush this Snow White like that and she seems to have plenty of trich formation at 4.5 weeks.

sw4_5.jpg

This way she gets a little of the wild child she may have experienced outside.

is flushing neccesary for all plants and how is it done?

People debate this all the time. Some argue that it is beneficial and others say it's a waste of time.

Personally, I flush my plants throughout my grow. I don't veg long but I do flush them once during veg and then usually 2-4 times before the final flush 2 weeks before harvest.

The reason that I do this is because salt will build up and can lock your plant up to the point where it can't eat the nutes that you're feeding it. Watch the greenhouse seeds videos on youtube. They grow MONSTERS and they flush once a week.....every week.

The rule of thumb is to flush with 3x the amount that your pot holds. (If you grow in 5 gallon buckets like me it takes 15 or more gallons to flush your plant).

Just watch the runoff and catch some on a cup. When it's clear your plant is flushed. Make sure you ph your runoff too if you're growing in soil.

I do flush with regular tap water but the last 2 gallons that I run through are always ph'd at 6. I believe flushing gives my bud better taste and that's why I do it. Some do, some don't.

Best of luck.

The majority of the water hits the soil and what does hit the foliage, hits the plant on the low side where there's nothing but popcorn bud anyway..... I find this to be a fine method for flushing.

For instance, I flush this Snow White like that and she seems to have plenty of trich formation at 4.5 weeks.

sw4_5.jpg

Oh wow, very pretty.

I was flushing her. :bongrip:

And do you do your trimming with a chainsaw lol? (Just kidding!)

When I saw the pics I thought maybe you were infested with the borg. Spider mites around here don't seem to be able to swim and several folks have been successful with the shower method (while they bombed their grow rooms, maybe that had something to do with it?).

And do you do your trimming with a chainsaw lol? (Just kidding!)

When I saw the pics I thought maybe you were infested with the borg. Spider mites around here don't seem to be able to swim and several folks have been successful with the shower method (while they bombed their grow rooms, maybe that had something to do with it?).

HAHA.... I did let her veg a little too long. This plant stretched like crazy during the first 14 days of flower, moreso than any other plant I've ever grown.

Some people have been known to veg for a couple of months in order to fill an 8-12 sq. ft. screen.

As long as you've got the light and elbow room (or head room, whichever the case may be). Oh yeah - AND the patience.

Back
Top Bottom