Everything nutrients

angelicbfs

420 Member
Hi guys, as you know im new to this whole experience but im trying to figure out the nutrient thing its kind of confusing. Im in U.K so my EC is 9.8 When do i start nutes? How much to use & do i just give water inbetween nutes? Im growing in co co coir and have coco feed A & B & pk13/14 but not sure of schedules the bottles are very vague any help would be great thanks.

Welcome to 420 Angel. In coco you want to feed/water daily. Start with 1/4 strength nutrient mix now, you can increase that as the plant needs it. Hopefully you have a ph meter and you'll want to ph your mix to 5.8-6.2. Hope this helps.

Exactly, what PW said

Also go to the nute manuf website for a schedule ad amount, but always go less, like PW said 1/4 strength and never above 1/2

Good luck

Welcome to 420 Angel. In coco you want to feed/water daily. Start with 1/4 strength nutrient mix now, you can increase that as the plant needs it. Hopefully you have a ph meter and you'll want to ph your mix to 5.8-6.2. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Im watering them when the coir looks/feels dry at 1inch below surface as they are only small im not flushing through dont want to drown them, the pots are smart pots and 15ltr. I have hornet coco feed a&b & pk 13/14 that came with my kit do i need others? And only two of my plants are in the big pots as they are further along my others are in little pots for now. One of my little girls is a little yellow at her tips and ive read it could be all sorts of things any ideas? Im sorry if im bugging you guys but i really need this medicine for myself & my friends daughter so everything i have is invested i really want to get it right.. thanks again #FREE THE WEED

Attachments

• 20180728_232407.jpg
    20180728_232407.jpg
    715.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180728_232413.jpg
    20180728_232413.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20180728_232429.jpg
    20180728_232429.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180728_232512.jpg
    20180728_232512.jpg
    723 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180728_232522.jpg
    20180728_232522.jpg
    762.9 KB · Views: 26
Do you have calmag and did you precharge your coco? I tried coco and neglected to charge it after i rinsed it. I was chasing deficiencies the whole time. My Coco A&B were by canna and they have a feed schedule on their website. Like the others said... Lowball what the manufacturer recommends. I very rarely go above half strength. Sometimes for very hungry plants I've gone to 3/4 strength. Feed everyday from the day they break the surface. Dont let your coco dry out because it can do odd things to your pH... Another thing i learned the hard way.
Cultivator is really a top boss grower all around and more so in coco. Check out his feed schedule and journals. If i were to attempt coco again i would follow his sched like a bible. Perlite is just too easy tho, so that is where i will stay. Good luck and welcome to 420!

Do you have calmag and did you precharge your coco? I tried coco and neglected to charge it after i rinsed it. I was chasing deficiencies the whole time. My Coco A&B were by canna and they have a feed schedule on their website. Like the others said... Lowball what the manufacturer recommends. I very rarely go above half strength. Sometimes for very hungry plants I've gone to 3/4 strength. Feed everyday from the day they break the surface. Dont let your coco dry out because it can do odd things to your pH... Another thing i learned the hard way.
Cultivator is really a top boss grower all around and more so in coco. Check out his feed schedule and journals. If i were to attempt coco again i would follow his sched like a bible. Perlite is just too easy tho, so that is where i will stay. Good luck and welcome to 420!
Dont have calmag? And we flushed the coir but whats charging it? Now i really am lost lol

Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated, never let coco dry out or the dry spots will be too hot for your plants. You'll need a calmag supplement with coco, the sooner the better. When I hydrate coco I use a strong calmag mix. Coco binds a lot of calcium so you want to pre charge the coco.

I live in a medium/hard water area so i ph my water just dont need calmag as far as i can tell. Im not giving nutes yet as i havnt a clue im reading everything i can but its all contradicting and confusing.

Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated, never let coco dry out or the dry spots will be too hot for your plants. You'll need a calmag supplement with coco, the sooner the better. When I hydrate coco I use a strong calmag mix. Coco binds a lot of calcium so you want to pre charge the coco.
My coco isnt totaly dry. The pots are kept quite moist but not soaking only around the top gets dry. Id never heard of doing all that other stuff before and ive been watching everything and reading everything i can find. Looks like i need to read a brave bit more.

I live in a medium/hard water area so i ph my water just dont need calmag as far as i can tell. Im not giving nutes yet as i havnt a clue im reading everything i can but its all contradicting and confusing.

You need Cal-Mag in Coco. Even very hard water is not enough available Ca and has no magnesium. Find the correct couple of proven info sources and the contradictions will disappear.

Should all be easily fixable at this point....
The larger pots are still only seedlings just 2weeks 5days since i popped the seeds thats why im wary of overwatering them the pot is big its the smallest i had at the time but the seedlings are still little. I havnt used calmag because what ive read my water doesnt need it... i havnt used nutes yet either as ive been told that my seedlings dont need it until tomorrow. Im really confused now everything is conflicting. Im waiting on a fertometer coming to tell me nute levels... www.confused.com wouldnt be in it lol

You need Cal-Mag in Coco. Even very hard water is not enough available Ca and has no magnesium. Find the correct couple of proven info sources and the contradictions will disappear.
Im reading everything on here and growweedeasy and watching school of hard nugs etc everyone is saying something different but im trying to weed through as much as i can ( no pun intended)

Back
Top Bottom