Experimental Auto Greenhouse Grow: Sweet Cream & Amnesia Haze

MedicalMe

Introduction: This journal chronicles an experimental unheated greenhouse grow with feminized autos in a northern climate with a short, three month growing season. Earliest frost free day is June 13; last frost free day is September 9. The plan is to bring plants/pots inside at night until frost danger is past. Greenhouse measures 6’ X 8’.

Strain: Pots 1&2 will be Expert Seeds Sweet Cream Auto (18% THC, CBD unknown, indica-dominant hybrid). Pots 3&4 will be Expert Seeds Amnesia Haze Auto (21% THC, CBD unknown, sativa-dominant hybrid). All seeds feminized. Seeds purchased from a 420 sponsor, The Vault

Pruning Method: Decided against LST or other methods of pruning for this experiment - I’m not hurting for stash. I want to just let ‘em grow and see what happens.

Grow Method: Plants sown and grown in soil using three gallon black, plastic pots. All temperatures are in Fahrenheit.

Growing Medium: Soil. Two parts Fox Farms Happy Frog, one part coco coir and one part perlite.

Nutrients: Mega Crop (prior to May, 2020 formula revision) for the whole grow, blended with my hard well water and corrected to 6 to 6.5 pH.

Grow 4 8-14-20 (2).JPG

Attachments

• Grow 4 8-14-20 (2).JPG
    Grow 4 8-14-20 (2).JPG
    896.8 KB · Views: 134
6/7/2020 - Day 1. Started germination process by placing three seeds of each strain in small glass in spring water for about 10 hours, then used the paper towel method to finish germination. Hung a “flycatcher” in the greenhouse to trap pests. Ugly, yes, but effective.

Grow 4 8-14-20 (1).JPG

6/8 - Day 2. 100% germination; taproots 1/4” to 1/2” long.

6/9 - Day 3. Planted 1/2” deep. One seed each in pots 1&4; two each in pots 2&3. Will leave pots in house until seedlings poke above the soil, then it’s out to the greenhouse during the day until all danger of frost is past.

6/12 - Day 6. 100% above the soil, but one sprout isn’t very healthy.

6/17 - Day 10. Weeded down to 4 seedlings, one in each pot.

6/20 - Day 12. Following Emilya’s watering instructions on 420 (The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large, Final, Container), which as I interpret to mean is to keep the soil’s surface moist in a larger and larger circle around each sprout as it grows by spraying around the base of seedlings with a spray bottle.

6/23 - Day 15. Even though temps have been down to 47 degrees the last few nights, I left the sprouts in the greenhouse - no problem.

6/27 - Day 19. Temps have been to mid-90’s during the day in the greenhouse, but moisture meter says still on the wet side 2/3 of the way down in the soil. Now watering with about a cup of pH corrected water per plant over the whole soil surface to keep it damp. Third set of true leaves coming out, plants look really healthy but as autos I’m afraid they’ll go into flower well before I’d like them to. Hope this doesn’t turn out to be a micro-grow.

6/30 - Day 22. Daytime temps have been in the mid-60s, nighttime temps down to 47. Weather has been cloudy, cool, and rainy for a couple of days.

Grow 4 6-30-20-3 (1).JPG

7/5 - Day 27. All putting out fourth set of leaves and are very healthy. Three out of four are in preflower and confirmed female. Looks like they might go to flower stretch soon. Back to normal weather pattern for this time of year. Up to 89 degrees in the greenhouse today.

7/8 - Day 30. Watered all with 1 gallon pH corrected water with six grams Mega Crop. First full watering. Putting out fifth set of leaves.

Grow 4 6-30-20-2 (1).JPG

7/12 - Day 34. Fourth plant now confirmed as female. All four girls starting bloom stretch. Overnight lows mid-40s to mid-50s. Highs during the day 75-90 degrees in the greenhouse. Haven’t been bringing the plants inside at night - probably pushing the lower limits of temperature tolerance overnight, but doesn’t seem to have hurt any and doing it this way means they get a couple of hours more daylight in the morning before I move them from inside to greenhouse. During the day light meter is pegged. No doubt getting a broad spectrum of light, and lots of it. Humidity runs around 80% in the morning, down to 16% in the afternoon.

Grow #4 2020 Day 34-1 (1).JPG Grow #4 2020-Day 34-2 (2).JPG

7/15 - Day 36. Watered all with 1 gallon pH corrected water (6.5) with 7 grams (oops) Mega Crop. Pots 3&4 are blooming faster than Pots 1&2 and will obviously finish earlier. Nighttime temps
down to 42 degrees; daytime up to 90.

7/16 - Day 37. Low last night 65. High today 95.

7/21 - Day 42. Watered all with 1 gallon pH corrected water (6.5) with 6 grams of Mega Crop.

7/26 - Day 47. Watered all with 1 gallon pH corrected water (6.5) with 6 grams Mega Crop.

Grow #4 2020-Day 34-3 (1).JPG

7/30 - Day 51. Watered all with 1 gallon pH corrected water (6.5) with 6 grams Mega Crop.

8/5 - Day 57. A few hairs starting to turn. Lots of trichomes on all ladies. I figure two to three weeks ‘till harvest. Pots 3&4 (Amnesia Haze) showing the sativa side of these hybrids. Interesting to note that even without LST, side branches on the sativa strains stretching up all on their own.

Grow 4 8-10-2020 (1).JPG

8/11 - Day 63. Watered all with 2 gallon pH corrected water (6.5) with 6 grams Mega Crop per gallon, one gallon at a time, one hour apart. Wanted to really soak the soil - the girls are getting really thirsty.

8/13 - Day 65. In a cold snap - only got to 72 degrees in the greenhouse and down to 42 degrees overnight. Supposed to get to mid-70s today, and start a warming trend.

8/14 - Day 66. More and more red hairs, all trichomes cloudy.

Grow 4 Day 18 (1).JPG Grow 4 Day 18-3.JPG

8/18 - Day 71. Trimmed off the large yellowing fan leaves. Checked moisture level - still too wet to water again. That last extra soaking on 8/11 really help the soil stay moist longer than normal.

8/19 - Day 72. A few trichomes turning amber.

Grow #4 Day 71-1.JPG Grow #4 Day 71-2.JPG Grow #4 Day 71.JPG

Back
Top Bottom