Fan & filter size to tent?

brownredroost

For some reason I’m having a difficult time figuring out the right size fan and filter for a 4 by 4 tent.
I’ve read and read and read and it’s all running together with all the different numbers.
I pretty much decided on a Hyper Fan. Which of the Hyper Fans do I need for a 4 by 4 tent?
I’ve read it’s better to go bigger than you need then I read it isn’t.
Also what size filter for the fan?
I read Phresh filters are good, so which Phresh filter would I need for the Hyper Fan?
Also the function of the set up will be use as a scrubber.

Thank you

Hyperfan/phresh do a good job of making their air flow numbers available for review. One of the only company's that I have found any data from on fan filter combos. This shows the actual airflow of the fan and filter combo. It's a great illustration of just how much a filter reduces a fans airflow.
IMG_20180927_114020307~2.jpg

So this shows a 6*16 would provide a little over 1.2 air changes per min. @≈135cfm/112cf

A 6*39 pushes you closer to 1.8 air changes per minute at almost 200cfm/112cf
Assuming you have a 7ft tall tent.

The amount of heat in your tent and your ambient air temps outside the tent will determine how much airflow you actually need.

Hyperfan/phresh do a good job of making their air flow numbers available for review. One of the only company's that I have found any data from on fan filter combos. This shows the actual airflow of the fan and filter combo. It's a great illustration of just how much a filter reduces a fans airflow.
IMG_20180927_114020307~2.jpg

So this shows a 6*16 would provide a little over 1.2 air changes per min. @≈135cfm/112cf

A 6*39 pushes you closer to 1.8 air changes per minute at almost 200cfm/112cf
Assuming you have a 7ft tall tent.

The amount of heat in your tent and your ambient air temps outside the tent will determine how much airflow you actually need.

Back
Top Bottom