Fan Leaves: Raised Ridges and Curling Tips

MrSenator

Today is the first day of Flowering Week 6 for two of my girls. I did a res change on Saturday, and used a syringe I purchased at a hydro store to measure out my liquid nutes (General Hydro). I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have added too much nutes to my RO water before res change. When I looked at my girls on Sunday, the leaf ridges were raised and the tips have curled upward and become brittle (some will crumble when trying to straighten the curl). My idea is nute lock and since the girls arn't drinking, transpiration is making the ridges raise and the tips curl. What do you think? My air temp is ~70 and RH is ~25. I have a water chiller in the res, so it should stay about 5 degrees cooler than air temp. I do not pH my water anymore, because on my first grow, once I switched to General Hydro liquid nutes, the pH never fluctuated. Also, I had a root grow up INTO one of the electrodes on my meter and I couldnt get it out. So no meter for me.

I am unable to look into my res because the girls are tied up in a scrog, but the water temp is cold, water smells right, and there is no slimy feel to water, roots, or res wall; so I don't think it is a pH problem. All buds and leaves look healthy, just raised ridges and curled tips as of Sunday. Tips are curled less than a quarter of an inch.

I tried to look and see if they were drinking or any res water level change this morning but couldn't tell, since the lights weren't on.

Please let me know what you think. I am planning on doing a complete res change again this evening (using my tried and true method of measuring nutes). I am wondering if you think I should do Roseman's peroxide recovery method.

Buds are getting big and I can't afford to screw this up. Thanks!

Yea! Somebody responded! Oh.....

PICS: this is somewhat of an internal struggle for me. Yes, I am proud of my harem, and really want to show my girls off, but kinda scared since my ip and location are easily identifiable. Here is the regular routine... 1) talk myself into posting, 2) get excited, 3) take pics, 4) smoke, 5) think about drawbacks and get paranoid, 6) delete pics, 7) wait a week and repeat entire process.

lol

take your pics on a digital camera, load them and post them from a friends computer at a different location. You could even go as far as register your email and account on another computer away from home, then do all the above. Pics would really help identify your problem. I have some very minor leaf curl but it isnt hurting my ladies

Back
Top Bottom