How often do you change your reservoir?

I use H2O2 and will swear by it as well - very, very good for controlling root rot.

But here is the thing... if you look up Cl and it's contribution to plant health... it is the prevention of disease in the plant such as Root Rot. So it is quite possible that the reason we need H2O2 is that we don't have sufficient Cl to allow the plant to fight disease correctly. So we use H2O2 as a bandaid after the fact.

Soil has a lot of chlorine in it naturally - so this should not be an issue with soil grows. And we find that Root Rot is mostly an issue in hydro...

I keep coming back to this point in my thought processes...

Im only very new to this but I swear by h2o2 every time ive dosed with it ive seen huge benefits. my roots are pristine the water is crystal clear and my res is spotless at change time. No h2o2 and root rot here we come and my res is filthy. I can see that minute bleach dosage would be very similar but a lot higher chance of O/D. Just my 2c

little snippet,

The amount of chloride in soils varies according to the distance from the sea. The average in top soils is about 10 ppm. Plants contain various amount of chlorine; it is an essential microutrient for higher plants where it concentrates in the chloroplasts. Growth suffers if the amount of chloride in the soil fall below 2 ppm, but it rarely happens. The upper limit of tolerance varies according to the crop.

I believe tap water has an average of 4ppm of chlorine 4ppm of chloramine and .8ppm of chlorine dioxide. according to the epa.
note in nature it is mainly provided by nacl, salt.
This is the bit im not sure of,
Once in air or in water, chlorine reacts with other chemicals. It combines with inorganic material in water to form chloride salts, and with organic material in water to form chlorinated organic chemicals.
Are these by-products safe?

Back
Top Bottom