Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Have you looked at miller backpack welders, I have one at work, great for aluminum, steel, and stainless.
420-magazine-mobile1298906975.jpg
I think this is newer model

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I like Miller but being DC only its not really good for aluminum. Looking for a acdc inverter with the torch and foot pedal.
You can weld aluminum with DC but not very heavy at all. I guess if you add some helium to the mix you can weld a little bit heavier gauge but really need that AC for the cleaning action along with the pulse.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I went ahead and bit the bullet. I have a 4 COB, 400 watt Vero setup coming for my 4x4 veg tent and two 12 COB, 600 watt CXB units for a 4x8 bloom tent. Any thoughts? I think they bloom room will be perfect, but would be interested to hear thoughts on the veg lighting.

D series? Ya. I'm learning Arduino uno to take advantage of the D series. Until then I've ordered the Typhoon 4 channel LED controller. I want to up the game on my LED array builds and offer things you usually find in a $1800 array. I was looking at bluefish too but I'm not sure if there's a big demand for wifi controllers without some programmer building a iPhone/android app that supports it and a live video feed function. For those who want to check water levels, hygrometer settings automated ph balancing (hydrofarm autopilot) etc and view a live feed of your plants. Hoping to produce a full start to finish auto system at a good price in one easy to use kit. Gonna be a long ride.
These are the features typhoon offers. Don't think wifi connectivity will be too much of an issue
420-magazine-mobile1567931972.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would order a Wemos D1 board. They can be programmed with the Arduino IDE, but they have built in WiFi which is really easy to use.

First thing I have my Wemos do when they power up, is visit a Network time server to get the local time. You can also have them easily communicate with Blynk, which is a free service that allows you to control settings over the Internet. Blynk also has some really good libraries for issuing commands at set intervals or run a single command after a set period of time.

If you want to have live video feed, you might want to consider Raspberry Pi instead. Arduino and Wemos are really good for doing just one or two tasks, and it sounds like you want your system to do a lot of things. (Temperature sensor, humidity sensor, water level sensor, pH sensor and then relays to control devices based on each of the previous).

I ordered some 256 step 50k digital potentiometers to try controlling the dimming of my drivers. I'm going to run it in series with 50k resistors to give me a range of 50-100k Ohms. I'm happy with the on/off of a digital timer, but I like to play with toys. :)

Hello fanleaf and friends,

I hope you guys dont mind me posting this question here. Its seems like there are very knowledgable people in this thread. I am planning on runnin 5 70v veros 3000k, 80cri. Can i safely utilize the meanwell hlg-185h-c500 for this application? I see that at 500mah the 70v should put out about 35 watts. In real world application will the cob max out at 35 watts or can i push the 5 cobs to 40 watts each totaling at 200w withe this driver? I am hoping to push to 40 watts a piece; 1 cob per sq ft.

Or should a go with meanwell hlg 240 instead and dim them down to 200watts? Id prefer to go with hlg185, since i will never run the over 35 to 40 watts a cob. And the driver is cheaper than the hlg240.

I apologize if this stuff has already been discussed in this thread. Im slowly making my way through it now.

Thanks.

Edit: after doing a bit more reading and finding the datasheet for the vero chip i see i was not quite understanding a few things. So running the "70v" chip at 500mah will be using far less than 70v. So im thinking my best bet is 5 vero 70v cobs on a 240h-c-700. It looks like With this driver the cob will be roughly around 65v giving me about 45 watts per cob, which I can dim down to 40 w per cob. Does that sound right?

Hey fanleaf, wanted to ask which would give me a better red spectrum to add to my 8 x 4000k Vero 29's Array ;

4 x Citizen CLU048 1212 3000k 80CRI

or

4 x BXRC-30E10K0-D73?

I cannot get the 2700k 90cri citizen 1212's like you suggested, so im really left with those two options. I could always also later add individual diodes perhaps?

EDIT: Running all at 1400ma, with the option to dim :)

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Hello fanleaf and friends,

I hope you guys dont mind me posting this question here. Its seems like there are very knowledgable people in this thread. I am planning on runnin 5 70v veros 3000k, 80cri. Can i safely utilize the meanwell hlg-185h-c500 for this application? I see that at 500mah the 70v should put out about 35 watts. In real world application will the cob max out at 35 watts or can i push the 5 cobs to 40 watts each totaling at 200w withe this driver? I am hoping to push to 40 watts a piece; 1 cob per sq ft.

Or should a go with meanwell hlg 240 instead and dim them down to 200watts? Id prefer to go with hlg185, since i will never run the over 35 to 40 watts a cob. And the driver is cheaper than the hlg240.

I apologize if this stuff has already been discussed in this thread. Im slowly making my way through it now.

Thanks.

Edit: after doing a bit more reading and finding the datasheet for the vero chip i see i was not quite understanding a few things. So running the "70v" chip at 500mah will be using far less than 70v. So im thinking my best bet is 5 vero 70v cobs on a 240h-c-700. It looks like With this driver the cob will be roughly around 65v giving me about 45 watts per cob, which I can dim down to 40 w per cob. Does that sound right?

For a C series Vero 29 I would recommend the 1050mA driver at a minimum or 1400mA at the maximum. That is a very hot chip. You will be using way more power than necessary. Remember the C series is designed to light malls and parking lots. The other problem with the C series is finding a driver that will evenly occupy 67 volts. I would honestly push you more towards the D series SE. I have SE chips arriving today and 2 Meanwell HLG 185h-c1400b driver's coming tomorrow. I'm trying to run 4 D series chips off on HLG 185. The voltage match is very close and I will know tomorrow if it can be done. This saves $25 per 4 cob array and fills the driver's voltage load to maximum, allowing the highest efficiency.
PM me for details. I build Vero arrays for all my ACMPR clients. It's the best "bang for buck" chip.
If you do go with C-Series chips you'll need 133-150mm heatsinks. I'll be ordering two C-Chips on my next order if you want to wait until the end of the week for results.

420-magazine-mobile1136735878.jpg
this should be enough to finish this cycle along with hps,

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have the same set up as you, except I have my COBs in each rows lined up parallel to each other. I think your way offers a more even coverage. Sh#$@! I got to drill again.... Nice job btw

For a C series Vero 29 I would recommend the 1050mA driver at a minimum or 1400mA at the maximum. That is a very hot chip. You will be using way more power than necessary. Remember the C series is designed to light malls and parking lots. The other problem with the C series is finding a driver that will evenly occupy 67 volts. I would honestly push you more towards the D series SE. I have SE chips arriving today and 2 Meanwell HLG 185h-c1400b driver's coming tomorrow. I'm trying to run 4 D series chips off on HLG 185. The voltage match is very close and I will know tomorrow if it can be done. This saves $25 per 4 cob array and fills the driver's voltage load to maximum, allowing the highest efficiency.
PM me for details. I build Vero arrays for all my ACMPR clients. It's the best "bang for buck" chip.
If you do go with C-Series chips you'll need 133-150mm heatsinks. I'll be ordering two C-Chips on my next order if you want to wait until the end of the week for results.

Thanks for the feedback. I have no aversion to trying the d series vero se. I just thought that the vero c series was the the most efficient vero and was not even aware of vero se. Just took a look at the datsheet for the vero se, BXRC-30E10K0-D-7x-SE has a very respectable 176 lpw at 1400mah, about 50ish watts. I guess i can dim them down to 4o watts per cob. Now i should be able to fit 5 of the 35v chips on a hlg240-c1400. This driver is listed as 89-179v, so any reason I should not be running 5 of the 35v vero se on this driver? I just want to be able to run 40 watts per sq ft with 1 cob per sq ft.

Thanks for taking the time out to help a newbie.

Thanks, i have a few more questions, i will pm you. Realized i shouldnt clutter up fanleafs sexy as can be cree thread with a bunch of newbie questions.
You were just fine. I just had a busy day and didnt log in here much today. Ill catch up tomorrow though.

Yo Fanleaf. Check out my box!
420-magazine-mobile502653682.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1866134186.jpg

Thats cool man. Funny though that the little project box you used I just happen to buy the same one in bulk. I use them in a few of my electronic products. I have to buy those 300 at a time.
420-magazine-mobile1240050705.jpg

Finally got to use my saw, cutting angle
1487453449509-1286699406.jpg

Nice Bandsaw never used a battery operated one before I have the big heavy plug in Milwaukee . You just set that heavy ass saw on whatever your cutting making sure that the guard is resting against what you are cutting then let the weight of the bandsaw do the work. Cuts like hot knife through butter

Hey msn nice build ypu doing. Plz can you point me in rhe direction of the dude who's video you posted regarding watering coco need some advice from him.
Bless brother

Sent from my SM-G360H using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey msn nice build ypu doing. Plz can you point me in rhe direction of the dude who's video you posted regarding watering coco need some advice from him.
Bless brother

Sent from my SM-G360H using 420 Magazine Mobile App
He's @LEDRF , you'll find him in the perfect sun 1000 grow discussion thread bro

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys.

My 1825s are running great.

Someday I should do math and figure out par watts at different wattage lol.

I'm curious if any of you are wanting a bit more stretch. I feel like I would prefer a bit more.

Any suggestions on additional leds to promote stretch?

I think I am pushing 8-900 ppfd already.

Crop King White Cookies - Drip Irrigation - DIY Citi Cobs - SCROG

Back
Top Bottom