Feedback for new guy

Spumantii

Hey Y'all
I'm a new forum member and a new grower, though I have had plants twice before I've never done a whole grow. If this is the right place for it, before I describe my setup or plants I was hoping to just hit you guys with a few pictures just to see what ppl say about one particular thing. I'll get into details if relevant

All pictures are of the same plant at different times. Also shown is a small clone of it.
20190115_183845.jpg20190115_183905.jpg20190115_183855.jpgScreenshot_20190115-185742.png20190115_183952.jpg20190115_183905.jpg20190115_183913.jpg

Welcome to 420Mag bro, your girl looks nice and healthy. Exactly how I like mine healthy short little bushes. If you want to get awesome feedback from some great growers you should consider starting a grow journal. Its a great way to ask questions, get help, and meet some of the most amazing cultivators around the world.

Thanks, I like the idea of trying that, I'd have to backdate the pics as I'm at day 54 now but can do. I've been excited to post about it and learn for a while just hadn't found a good place to log it. I was even thinking an insta account just for my plants but it's not a grower's community.

The main reason I posted this first is I am reluctant to identify what I'm afraid could be TMV in this plant and it's clone. If it is, they have to be removed and I'll be real sad. She's the pretty one, not the biggest one but the pretty one, aside from the occasional yellow watermelon streak across one side of a leaf.. That's what I'm unsure of. I've isolated them, and I'd flower them off and start new ones if they are infected, if that won't contaminate my carbon filter. I've accepted that I'm going to have to bleach out that tent and possibly even flower everything out and start again, I'm ready to do that but obv don't want to if I don't have to. She's supposed to be a clone mother, but not if all the clones are going to go streaking like that. Has anyone seen this? Does it really affect final yield? This particular strain doesn't seem to be very aggressive. No leaf deformation. It was born with the streaking from seed. I think after about 16 leaves one showed the light green streak, she has a number of tops now and if I ever see a bad leaf I chop that top. Anybody having seen this I'd certainly appreciate feedback on it

Have been trying to be careful with contact, sterilizing hands and tool before and after touching it

Yeah what strain is it, or is it bag seed?
Nothing wrong if it is, my first grow was bag seeds before I bought autos.
What kind of lights are you using?

@Pennywise would know whats up with the yellow.

The clone looks great! I've been trying to clone my autos with little success.
I have 2 that made is so far. :D

Have you thought about buying from any seedbanks yet?
Maybe auto-flowering plants would be interesting to you.

Also, hit me up on Instagram. A lot of 420 mag people on there.
phobosanomaly420

It's northern lights 5, from a friend, I've never bought seeds but I might,

As for the clone, the 2 of 3 that have for sure made it (3 is still incubating after 2 weeks stays looking wilty but clearly alive anyway) were both scrag from the very bottom, and I've only attempted it once. Oddly the one that is having the most trouble was the top growth tip of the bottom branch, and the other lower bits fared better

The clone of this plant lived, but it's also got the weird yellowing :/

Yeah mate your well on the right road. Have you put into 12/12 yet? What strain is it?
You've either topped it or used low stress training on it which has given you the lovely plant you have. Well done my man. Ben
I have it in the flowering tent and I've just started lowering photoperiod but only because I'm worried it's infected or I'd veg for longer, it's 54 days from seed pop, would you grow it up more before flowering?

When it flowers it will take the clone with it. Originally I wanted it to be a mom

Fim'd and bent for a few weeks to push the sides out

Plants looks happy and healthy my friend. There is such a thing as over loving your plants and it makes us worry about things that may not even be a problem. If it worsens then maybe you got a problem but leaves fade now n then and also come out with various mutations and colours. From what I can see PERSONALLY i dont see a problem just a healthy well stacked plant thats ready to give you some dense and lovely buds

Is this light stress? I know it's hard to say because I could be feeding anything but honestly haven't been giving much nutes lately trying to let the soil moisture down.

Attachments

• 20190118_133048.jpg
    20190118_133048.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 34
  • 20190118_133100.jpg
    20190118_133100.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190118_133125.jpg
    20190118_133125.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 42
Yeah I would say it's a potassium or a magnesium, it helps to have a bottle of cal mag as it's a common nutrition defficiancy. They look sweet though. It's possible where you've been using low nutes you've used up all the nutes in the soil and they need a Good veg nutrition watering with about 1.5 - 1.8 EC. It's always tricky to judge when you've used all the soil nutrition. Some plants can and need nutrients high compared with other plants. I think your EC should be at least 1.2 though.
Ben

Back
Top Bottom