FIM Topping?

Re: FIM Topping ????

I have and usually miss :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'd wait till ya' have 6-7 nodes.

You need a razor or exacto knife,
what you want is a concave (bowl shaped) cut in the node socket,
in order to split as many new growth cells as possible.<This is Key
But it has to be done to a node that hasn't fully developed,
the very small area in the grow tip where the fan leafs meet the main stem.

It's micro-surgery :cheesygrinsmiley:
It can produce an almost unlimited number of new branches from a single node, when done right. Other wise it's Just Topping.

i was going to top my plant then i had a second though thinking i only have one and if i fucked up it would be a big waste. now that i ordered an aerogarden i am second guessing myself again, is it too late to FIM or or top after 8 nodes?

I;ve honstly had more luck not topping, just grabing secondary braches... the big ones on the sides of the plant tying them up so all braches grow up instead of out. End up with a bunch of decent cola's plus the one great big one from not being cut.

Will say smaller buds are easier to dry.

yeah i think im gonna keep it as is, i just rescently tied down the bottom branches to hopefully spread it out some and make some more buds.

I have and usually miss :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'd wait till ya' have 6-7 nodes.

You need a razor or exacto knife,
what you want is a concave (bowl shaped) cut in the node socket,
in order to split as many new growth cells as possible.<This is Key
But it has to be done to a node that hasn't fully developed,
the very small area in the grow tip where the fan leafs meet the main stem.

It's micro-surgery :cheesygrinsmiley:

i think i am ganna wait a bit at least till the stem thinkens up...
so what your sayin is get the new growth/node when is REALLY REALLY small??

I just mangle the top with some scissors. It doesn't require precision at all. All you're really trying to do is stunt the top so it redirects hormones to secondary nodes. It's a lot like pinching. You just need to hurt the top enough to make it really slow down. It slows down stretch, causes radial branching instead of the offset axial branching seen with LST. Especially with my cab, keeping the plant even around a central stem is vital.

When my seedlings are only two distinct branches tall, I carefully peel back as many leaf sets as I can to get to the core of the top. Then I just take a pair of nail scissors and cut a little off, then a little more, and just sort of mangle it a bit until it looks like I've removed 70-80% of the top and seriously slowed it down. The more leaf sets you can peel back, the tighter and more numerous the resulting branching will be. It's well worth it. That's the real surgical part of the whole deal, getting those little new branches peeled back. Nail scissors, especially those sharp curved ones, are perfect for this. Get good quality ones, they're worth the cost.

i think i am ganna wait a bit at least till the stem thinkens up...
so what your sayin is get the new growth/node when is REALLY REALLY small??

Yeapper, :cheesygrinsmiley:
right where you have a developed set of leafs at the node,
right under the tip that hasn't developed.

I came across a great pic, couple years back in a mag
But it(pic) was some place of which we don't speak and probably copyright(ed)?.

Back
Top Bottom