Did I actually miss TOP/FIM?

SpaceLulu

Hello everyone. I tried to FIM 2 plants, and when I did it some members said that it looked like more of a TOP then a FIM, and that I might have taken it too much to be considered a FIM, but that it looks okay.

So now, almost a week later, one plant looks okay and I think that FIM/TOP worked and it looks like this:

But the second one doesen't look so good. It got some growth from the spot I topped and I would just like some advice. It looks like this:

I'm not a FIM'r, but no worries, IMO.
Three possibilities:
You FIM'd
You topped
Nothing happened.
No matter what, the plant will adapt and grow.
From the looks of it, the plant will grow from the FIM, but maybe not what you hoped. The small new growth on either side will likely take over.

Spacelulu what you did worked fine. Top or FIM it did what was wanted and side branches grew nicely I am sure. Just keep experimenting. Take a little less next time and see the effects. I am also experimenting with an old technique I came up with called the Crush. I will post some about it in my journal this week. It's pretty simple. You just place the top of the plant between thumb and forefinger and feel the knob of the bulge of new growth and smash it between your fingers. It damages the top enough that growth slows down. But the top comes back after a few days. You can keep doing it as well to keep the apical growth down. No scissors required.

Like I said I am going to take some of my many excess plants and do a little demo in the next week or so.

Looks like you could cut it again in the first picture, looks like the centre is still going to grow unless you pinch it off. Kill it!

Back
Top Bottom