Did I FIM or top?

scousemouse

Hey there

I had my first go at fimming but I'm not sure if I actually did fim it or top it or something else so some insight would be appreciated, here's some pictures then I'll tell you what I did.

image0000149.jpg

image0000238.jpg

image0000330.jpg

image0000421.jpg

So I tried fimming, very early, to keep the plant as short and bushy as possible. I cut the very top off the newest growth and what you can see in the pictures is about 4 days later. The leaves that have grew from the sides look like fan leaves to me and there's two small leaves in the middle. So I'm not sure if this is going to split into four branches or two. Also the new growth is very irregular with deformed leaves.

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day, peace

If you made the cut where I think you made the cut (kind of hard to tell from the picture), then I think you may have just cut some leaf tips off. Did you make the cut a couple of days ago? If you did, you may have not cut low enough. The best way I know how to describe where to cut is: If you look at the very tip of the new growth on the branch you want to FIM, it should be in the shape of a tear drop. Cut the top 85-90% off the tear drop.

Thank you iwltfum and OldMedUser I realise what I've done now. What I've done is I've tried to FIM but I didn't cut enough of the growth off, so I didn't cut the tip of the stem just the tips of the new fan leaves.

Now, is it possible to correct this or do you think I'm best waiting for the next node?

Thank you for taking the time to read, peace.

Shouldn't hurt to try again if that little growth tip is still there to snip. I just pinch them off with my thumb nail and get them half the time. 3/4 of the time if I use scissors and really look while I do it.

Fim was noticed and named by a guy that was just topping his plant and messed up. It means, "Fuck! I Missed!" :)

L8r

Back
Top Bottom