To Fim or not to Fim? Top?

What do you feel is better to top or to fim?
I have been told that the plant has two brains (which fascinates me, I had no idea so thank you to whomever post that), and cutting off the top slows it down. Fim actually sounds like a better way no?

It depends on what you want. I like to top and did top one of my autos that never got to finish. Didn't seem to slow her down any. I also FIM'd her before the top but didn't see much from that.

I like a bushier plant for my height is restricted, so I like topping. If you have enough height topping is not required. There are compromises in everything, so we must make a choice which we would rather have. One tall main cola with smaller side colas or a bunch of side colas which are bigger but all even.

If you are growing photoperiods topping isn't a problem, just possibly a little more time at veg. If topping autos, you should do it in the 14-21 day time frame, Any earlier and you can hurt the plant, and any later you could be topping in flowering.

I"m not sure I'm sold on FIM'ing......but my opinion doesn't dictate anything.

So, now you have my opinion.

It depends on what you want. I like to top and did top one of my autos that never got to finish. Didn't seem to slow her down any. I also FIM'd her before the top but didn't see much from that.

I like a bushier plant for my height is restricted, so I like topping. If you have enough height topping is not required. There are compromises in everything, so we must make a choice which we would rather have. One tall main cola with smaller side colas or a bunch of side colas which are bigger but all even.

If you are growing photoperiods topping isn't a problem, just possibly a little more time at veg. If topping autos, you should do it in the 14-21 day time frame, Any earlier and you can hurt the plant, and any later you could be topping in flowering.

I"m not sure I'm sold on FIM'ing......but my opinion doesn't dictate anything.

So, now you have my opinion.

Me too. I don't have the hight worry but I like multiples.

When I was given clones the clones looked a little messed up. Like the nodes didn't match they alternated. It's weird. Maybe it's me so I decided to LST alot. I will post some when I'm done LST in a couple hours. However my healthy ones that I grew and have cloned dont act like that so I have topped them and fimmed some, mainly by mistake but I rolled with it and it turned out.

Maybe for the Peyote Cookies Ill do one of each? :)

Anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks Bonsaiweed Master :)

I'm far from a Master. I'm just an apprentice that has studied a lot.

I'll let @Pennywise state his opinion. He is the guru that I ask questions of. There are others, but he is usually real quick to answer. Plus he really is a great guy.

I'm far from a Master. I'm just an apprentice that has studied a lot.

I'll let @Pennywise state his opinion. He is the guru that I ask questions of. There are others, but he is usually real quick to answer. Plus he really is a great guy.
:)

This is an old thread but would like to contribute. TOP. I chose to FIM several new growths on one plant. It worked great on the plant I FIMd one growth, when I FIMd 5 on the same plant, the plants growth got stunted for a week or so and it did not produce the results.

Back
Top Bottom