PC Grow - TLO - LED - Lavender - Hash Bomb & THC Bomb

scousemouse

Hello, thanks for stopping by
I made this journal so that I've got somewhere to talk about cultivation (rather than to people I know), discuss ideas, share some "alternative" methods I'm trying out and if I encounter any problems there's plenty of capable people around to give me a hand.

The Strains

I've just started germinating one of each, which if successful will be the three I grow out.
Lavender (CBD)Hash Bomb (Bomb)THC Bomb (Bomb)
Feminised photoperiodRegular photoperiodRegular photoperiod
Est. 7-8 weeks floweringEst. 7-8 weeks floweringEst. 7-9 weeks flowering
Afghan and Skunk geneticsCross of a powerful hash plant from the far-east, a new age Amsterdam Skunk and Bomb #1Unknown Bomb genetics

Medium and nutrients

Running with a Total Living Organics setup with a nice home made compost, home made amendments, coco coir and lava rocks. I made up a 40L batch and will probably be using 3L for each plant. I will be fertilising with EWC compost teas (AACT) during veg and EWC and comfrey during flower. All of the amendments were made the same way; chop them up, dry them then blend them, rinse and repeat if necessary. All measurements are rough approximations.

BaseAmendments
40% compost1 cup Kelp meal1/2 cup Limestone dust
40% coco coir1 cup Coffee grounds5 cups Granite dust
20% whole lava rocks1 cup Banana skin meal1/2 cup Lava rock dust
1 cup Netlle meal1 cup Bone meal

The Lights

12166253_10153163770591517_618986129_n.jpg
12168173_10153163771796517_2098016317_n.jpg
12170254_10153163771261517_445608296_n.jpg

At first I'm going to be running with a 50W (actual) home made LED. It's two 50W LEDs, warm white and cool white, wired in parallel being driven by one 50W driver to improve efficiency and keep heat down.

I'm going to see how I get on with the LED light at first but if I need to I've got a 35W CFL and another 50W (actual) LED, 100W chip being driven by 50W driver.

The Environment

image34424.jpg
12167045_10153163772986517_176166915_n.jpg
12170572_10153163772486517_781422458_n.jpg

The grow is going to take place in a server grow case, an Antec 4U server rackmount case, gutted most of the internals. The case is still being modified so I'll tell you the plan and note any changes at a later date.

• The inside of the case is going to be light proofed using mylar backed cardboard
  • A carbon filter is going to be made using a modified version of "Grimnirs remastered DIY Compact Scythe filter" (right)
  • 2 small intake fans, may remove depending on the capacity of the CF

Any questions please ask

re: PC Grow - TLO - LED - Lavender - Hash Bomb & THC Bomb

Good start Scousemouse :thumb:

The Bomb strains are a good choice mate, I grew 4 of their strains this year and the THC Bomb is my favorite for evening use. Its potent and has great pain relieving properties which makes sleeping through the night something I can do now :)

Thanks for dropping by TheCelt. I went for the two bombs so that I've got a choice, depending on my mood and activities, and their genetics seem to be spot on for a PC 12-12 from seed grow.

If I'm being honest the THC bomb is the strain I'm least looking forward to, I can imagine it being fairly similar to UK Cheese, which is pretty much all I have a choice of. I'm particularly looking forward to Lavender as it's quite different to what I'm used to, the smell seems somewhat unique and I know a cancer sufferer who likes to smoke but doesn't like "modern skunks".

Having said all that, I'm pretty excited about them all, haha. :circle-of-love:

Subbed in for this one, awesome diy SM, :popcorn:

Thanks for joining in the fun man. Similar to yourself, I'm trying to do everything for as little as possible without compromising too much. If everything goes well then being thrifty and organics go together hand in hand. There's a very long list of things you can use for organic amendments, go for a walk round most neighbourhoods and you'll find yourself most of what you need.

For example; there's loads of nettles where I live, also by the sea, I drink coffee, eat a lot of bananas, had a bbq and near my house there's a cemetery that has a stone workshop. In theory, that's all my ferts sorted.

Update

The Lavender and Hash Bomb both cracked tap roots and are in pots. After three days in water then soggy tissue the THC Bomb hasn't really cracked but it did look a little white on the bottom side so I've put it in the pot with the Hash Bomb, perhaps the THC Bomb could sense my favouritism towards the other to and didn't want to make an appearance, we'll see.

image_14_6.jpg

Here are the two pots, the black one is the Lavender and the terracotta one is the two Bombs. The light is 10W LED that's on 24/0 until they pop up. You can also see that I've gutted the bottom right of the case which is where I'll be putting the electronics.

I've been busy making a carbon filter so I took some pictures to show my work. It is based on "Grimnirs remastered DIY Compact Scythe filter" which can by searching. I used different fans because the Scythe fans aren't readily available in the UK, the fans I used are the Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition, 2350 RPM, 35dBA and high static pressure. If anyone would like to ask any questions please do, otherwise I'm just going to upload the pictures.

image_3_15.jpg
image_4_11.jpg
image_2_15.jpg
image34545.jpg
image_5_12.jpg
image_6_11.jpg
image_9_5.jpg
image_11_6.jpg
image_12_6.jpg
image_13_5.jpg
CF.png

Edit: I'm not using the CF at the moment until I start to notice a smell

Another quick update, I've lined the box with reflective material (an emergency foil blanket, mylar?) and I'm getting to work on light proofing the box.
12179409_10153175958346517_556645418_n.jpg

My plan is to veg for about 1 week 24/0 then flip to 12/12, depending on how much growth there is in the veg week I might FIM it otherwise it will just be heavy LSTing.

Do you think it's worth doing a SCROG or just tying it down?

Peace

You might want to veg for a while longer than one week.

Thank you for your contribution and joining me on this grow rifleman. The whole grow is going to be happening inside the PC case which is only 43cm(17inch) in height so I'd be very hesitant to veg for much longer. Unless you've got any suggestions to otherwise maximise space given the limited height?

Just keep up on the lst bro, with your fimming, you will get great results. And if you are there on the daily to train them, you could veg longer than a week. Just keep em squating.

It's looking dope as hell in here by the way. If there was a grow room of the month you would have my vote sir. Hope that light leak isn't too much of a hassle for you!!

Happy days bro
:passitleft:

Just keep up on the lst bro, with your fimming, you will get great results. And if you are there on the daily to train them, you could veg longer than a week. Just keep em squating.

It's looking dope as hell in here by the way. If there was a grow room of the month you would have my vote sir. Hope that light leak isn't too much of a hassle for you!!

Happy days bro
:passitleft:

Thank you for your kind words. I really want to make the most of my limited resources and space so hopefully with a bit of effort, some 420 support and a bit of luck there'll be a micro forest in there.

Peace

It's been a busy week eh...

The plants have been vegging away under 24 hours of light, except two days (still 16+). I've been busy light proofing the case, which is nearly done, rewiring the light so that I could move the driver inside the case and installing the carbon filter. Although there was no smell I'm going to be running the CF to help with airflow, now that the case is on it's way to light poof air flow at the moment is poor.

Hash Bomb seems to be taking off nicely, closely followed by Lavender. To my great surprise THC Bomb popped above soil this morning so that gives me an interesting dilemma. I'm hoping that THC Bomb is male to be honest and Hash Bomb female so that I can make some seeds. If all three are female, I've got a very interesting dilemma.

I found in a local skip two pots that are perfect for the space, they're a decent amount bigger and of thicker plastic so I'll be able to LST onto them without too much worries. I think I'll transfer them to the bigger pots after the stretch has finished. I also found some rockwool, so I'll be looking at taking a couple of clones (the lavender for sure) in a few weeks.

To SCROG or tie down LST?

I've got my timer arriving tomorrow so I think 12/12 starts tomorrow. Blah blah blah... PICTURES....

Reconfigured electrics and light proofing:
12202095_10153184194161517_413216138_n.jpg

12204695_10153184193741517_187633201_n.jpg

THC Bomb making an appearance:
12188466_10153184083596517_1924142632_n.jpg

Hash Bomb storming ahead:
12202432_10153184083516517_793341614_n.jpg

Lavender doing her thing:
12208136_10153184083481517_1920524794_n.jpg

Group photo:
12207794_10153184193536517_295278218_n.jpg

As always, thank you very much for having a read and I hope you're enjoying it so far. If you've got any questions or suggestions for me please get involved. :Namaste:

Edit: P.S. me and my girlfriend booked some flights to Amsterdam for 5 weeks time... I'm super excited, it's our first time away together :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom