Amherst Sour D & Hash Bomb LED Soil Grow

10 weeks total in flower. Right now I'm still curing. For me the curing process is the trickiest. I got a bunch of those 62% humidity packs to help things. So things are going well there... I should have a final weight with pix soon to wrap this up. I've got my 3rd grow evah going right now.
Congrats on the harvest! buds are looking very nice all trimmed up, great job! How long did these plants flower for in total?

Perfect, 10 weeks is a decent number since a lot of times plants end up needing to go longer than the breeder recommends depending on desired effect.

Curing can be tricky that's for sure. I did the same thing and got the boveda 62 packs, they work wonders and will also work both ways. If you dry to under 62% they will actually put some moisture back into the buds for you and I find they work best this way. If the packs are still real liquidy inside and you need to take some more moisture out of the buds, I find they work better if you let the packs dry up some first so they can take in more moisture.

I will be waiting to see your results :) My ASD will be going into the flower room in a couple weeks once I can get 2 or 3 harvested to make room.

Pretty well dried but still needs a little time to cure. Here's my yield:
Amherst Sour D - 71.3 gm
Hash Bomb - 41.4 gm
Total: 112.7 gm - so exactly 4oz
I also got about 4lbs of butter from grade C bud and trim and have been making tons of edibles. My girl made Congo Bars today!
IMG_87924.JPG

IMG_78059.JPG

The Amherst Sour D buds are compact, however, it responded to being FIMed and to LST much better than the Hash Bomb did and therefore yielded more. The bud smokes really nice in joints, burns nice and even.
IMG_270418.JPG

The Hash Bomb had some beefy Colas but was short on over-all yield. This one weighs in at 10.5 gm.
IMG_296116.JPG

Here's most of everything minus my butter and another 1oz of trim (jared and waiting to make some more butter later). Two jars far left are the Hash Bomb and the rest is the ASD.

I learned something for my next grow which I expect to be much better because... I just realized I only checked and PH the water prior to adding the feed to the water and not after (stupid!!!). Just now with my latest grow it occurred to me to check the PH after adding my Cal-mag and feed and sure enough it lowered it to 5.6!!! That would explain why my leafs started dying and my plants growth seemed stunted during the flower stage here but I justified it to myself as being more or less "normal". Now I know better to grow better!

Well done and glad to hear that you learned a lot from this grow. Thats all of our goal....learn and get better and do better the next time. Looking forward to seeing your next grow brother! Let us know when you start it and we can hop over there and follow along!

Well done man! Looks like you will be enjoying that for a little while now :) Those bars look absolutely delicious! Is it a secret recipe or would you be able to share it? I haven't even tried one and I am sure I would have half of them gone before remembering how much canna butter I put in them :rofl:

Good that you learned what was happening in the end with your ph and the effects it was having on your leaves. Some people have some bad issues when it comes to ph being out of whack, way worse than what yours had. I sometimes wonder if it's just simply a buildup of salts in the dirt that starts to throw it off, I haven't looked that far into it but have done extensive research on the whole watering and nutrient thing. But still to this day, I do not ph my feedings hardly ever. I used to, and only with the dropper kits at that time. That was when I first started out with a 3 part nutrient and was checking it lots, then I just stopped. Only time after that I checked it was when I got the whole lineup of nutrients (12 bottles) just to ensure the ph wasn't going to low with big feedings. Everything has been fine for me :) Funny how that works.

Good haul though for the first grow! I will stop on over to the new journal that you linked above as well. Congrats and +reps for making it to harvest!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom