Fimmed/topped nutrients? Beginner who's got no idea

sbterd

Found so much help from everyone on this site yall are the best.

I let my plant do its think the last 5 days so it is not officially a month old and out of miracle grow soil as i was encouraged to do. trying to keep the plant short as well so i also just fimmed it but it was a little bit on the lower side and very well could have just been an accidental topping. Either way the soil is dry and I need to water. What do you all think? weak nute solution about 1/4 percent?

Also how long do I wait to put the recently fim/topped plant into 12/12 for flowering?

Thanks so much keep smokin peace love thanks to whoever helps me out with an answer I reallly do appreciate it more than you understand.

Karma and prayers out to the first 5 responders

love yall keep it real :Namaste:

sbterd, Hi! This is a Youtube video on tying and topping: Tying and Topping 101 - YouTube
And below is a little information that may be of use. Good luck! :peace:

2d1ol5h1.jpg

If the plant is slightly yellow then it can probably use some nutes. Starting at 1/4 strength sounds fine. Beateo gave you some good info. To elaborate, topping is simple and each time you top you double the number of new growth spots. Don't do it more than 3 times though, unless you want a lower yield due to excessive numbers of branches. To top, just bend the little node down with your thumb 180 degrees. It will pop right off and no need to worry about infection since no tools are involved. FIM will either produce 2, 3 or 4 nodes, maybe even more but I don't know for sure. This makes the plant shorter and bushier but maybe also require supports when the branches get weighed down later on in the grow. When you top or FIM, wait at least 7 days before going to 12/12 so the plant can recover/get new growth started. Even 14 days of waiting wouldn't be that bad, pics would help here. Also, don't go into 12/12 if you transplanted anything within the past 7 days.

Thanks guys,

Fimmed and sex is beginning to show on the big healthy plant nervous cause I dont know what the sex of the big healthy plant is yet :straightface:

But the little girl is looking somewhat better (just noticed the hairs coming out of the pistil areas!!) but is really stunted and growing SLOWW with a bit of unhealthy curl at the ends of a few leaves still not sure how to get her growing good like the other one.

Anyways though What do yall think about pruning the big one that I fimmed down by the base? not sure what to do about how bushy its getting around the base of the plant on the two or three lowest nodes below. Keep the fan leaves? keep the preflower "popcorn" bud sites down near the base of the plant or clip em and redirect growth to the new fim area?

big one sex undetermined, little one believe it or not appears to have female preflowers

photo_1555.JPG

photo_2487.JPG

Thanks guys!!
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom