Final Flush

Santurro99

When doing a final flush for ladies in soil, is it necessary to only flush once or is it a repeated process through the final week. Trichomes are turning an amber color but most pistals are still white?

Flush once and if the soil dries out give them str8 water (PHed) until harvest. as for the pistils, don;t worry about them. The trichomes will tell the tale, besides all of the pistill will turn brown or red by the time u cure it ( or at least most if not all will). sounds like ur almost done with the growing part of the cycle. Good luck with ur harvest.

Hey BWC, quick question...did a final flush and have been feeding just water for the past week. Trichomes are really looking amber and some are looking milky white. However, it seems that new growth is sprouting (new white pistals have appeared and buds look like they are still growing). I know buds swell in the last week or so but im wondering if i should stick with my plan and harvest this week or wait another week. I tried to post some pics but cant seem to get it right. Any suggestions?

Foxtails

Keep checking the trichomes. What ur describing is what's know as "fox tailing". I notice that on the ass end of flowering hybrids (never grown a straight sativa) the buds tend to do this. I dunno if its a last ditch effort to catch pollen b4 the plant dies or what, but its a good thing. Sounds like ur almost there. Remember the more amber colored trichs u see, the more of a couch lock affect will take place at the onset of the high. Hope this helps some. I'll see if I can find a pic.
1st pic I found>
100_162211.JPG
. Look anything like the narrow tip of this bud?
As I read and research this for u, I'm finding that a few members are attributing foxtails to heat problems, which may be true. I honestly don't know. I'm speculating and researching probably as u are. If ur temps are below 85F, I wouldn't worry much at all. Got any pics on hand?

Back
Top Bottom