Finally, A Second Grow Journal!

I think this looks like potassium deficiency. The wilt that I saw last week shows me you are waiting to water until the pots dry out, so I don't think it is your watering method. I do suspect that you are trusting the organic soil to give more than it can... it may all be in there, but without the proper microbes, you can't get to it. Trust the MegaCrop and get up to the 4g/gal level so you can be sure the proper nutrition is in there.

I think this looks like potassium deficiency. The wilt that I saw last week shows me you are waiting to water until the pots dry out, so I don't think it is your watering method. I do suspect that you are trusting the organic soil to give more than it can... it may all be in there, but without the proper microbes, you can't get to it. Trust the MegaCrop and get up to the 4g/gal level so you can be sure the proper nutrition is in there.
Got it, I'll water with some 4g in the morning as I barely have them anything the day before

IMG_20191210_112144.jpg

IMG_20191210_112200.jpg

IMG_20191210_112237.jpg

IMG_20191210_112926.jpg

IMG_20191210_113340.jpg

Added 0.5l of MegaCrop at 4g/gal...
Hopefully this is a deficiency and not a toxicity as when i left in the sixth I watered with RO call mag water and when I got home on the 9th she was good but dry and after watering at 2g a gallon this happened.

DK orange (center) and twisty (back left) got about 1.5 liters each of MegaCrop at 4g/gallon. I think the npk ratios are being thrown off from the soil as they both showed potassium deficiencys and weird traits
IMG_20191215_122137.jpg

DK1 with some burnt tips , I think I'll stay at 4g a gallon. New growth is a little on the light side but not too bad.
IMG_20191215_122204.jpg

Twisty is the happiest now by far. Sometimes the growth is good other times it's twisted. Need to figure out what I'm doing wrong with this one.
IMG_20191215_122156.jpg

Twisty before and after a haircut
IMG_20191216_004318.jpg

IMG_20191216_005720.jpg

Here are some of twistys leaves @4g a gallon with 3ml CalMag
IMG_20191216_005731.jpg

RC1 before
IMG_20191216_002130.jpg

RC1 after. Quad shape is a bit off as one branch snapped and I had to let her heal before moving it again
IMG_20191216_004101.jpg

DK1 is looking a little weird again, droopy and had a few leaves yellow and die off after the watering again. Not nearly as bad as before.
IMG_20191216_001526.jpg

Still some drip tip as well. Do you reckon she will be ready for the same 4g/gallon mixture after a few days of growth or should I drop to 3.5g/gallon? As emilya said, it looks like a deficiency but it also looks like N toxicity...
IMG_20191216_001558.jpg

DKs leaves are much bigger and much darker which leads me to believe it's Tox. Maybe this strain just loves potassium?
IMG_20191216_001942.jpg

I am not convinced. How big are those containers? I think you look better at the 4g level and need to stay there while she recovers, at least on that plant and the others with the really dark green maybe still are at the 3.5g level.
I am thinking that the droop and other things things that you are associating with n-tox are actually signs pointing to the roots starting to get constricted or at least just reactions to roots being air pruned as that smart pot is filled out and new roots are finding the edges.

I am not convinced. How big are those containers? I think you look better at the 4g level and need to stay there while she recovers, at least on that plant and the others with the really dark green maybe still are at the 3.5g level.
I am thinking that the droop and other things things that you are associating with n-tox are actually signs pointing to the roots starting to get constricted or at least just reactions to roots being air pruned as that smart pot is filled out and new roots are finding the edges.
I'm currently 3 gallons l, my next question was when I should have to transplant :rofl:.
Also, the plant that is dropping has some leaves that wilt extremely quicky and just die off, some times entire nodes

DK is a female!
Took me forever to get the shot but this is the pistil beginning to come out of the pre flower

Someone reassure me though, this IS a pistil correct?
Screenshot_20191217-012032.jpg

IMG_20191217_011017.jpg

@Emilya you were dead on with the root bound! Transplanted to a 5 gallon as soon as I saw the pistil
IMG_20191217_004927.jpg

IMG_20191217_005031.jpg

Underestimated how much soil I had left on the transplant, I had to use about 0.6 gallons worth of seed starter to fill in the sides. I'm sure it will be fine
IMG_20191217_012110.jpg

Currently watering I'm MC @ 4g/gallon and 3ml of calmag

So that's what the new electronic bugs look like!

Third image seems to show early signs of cal/mag deficiency. Do a bug check first on the underside of the affected leaves. Some plants look like they are getting too much, others not enough MC. I think you are going to need separate nutrient solutions for them. I'd decrease by 0.5gm/gal on the dark ones and increase 0.5gm/gal for the light one.

As I'm out of soil
So that's what the new electronic bugs look like!

Third image seems to show early signs of cal/mag deficiency. Do a bug check first on the underside of the affected leaves. Some plants look like they are getting too much, others not enough MC. I think you are going to need separate nutrient solutions for them. I'd decrease by 0.5gm/gal on the dark ones and increase 0.5gm/gal for the light one.
Thanks for the input salt I'll do a check once I get home. Been pretty cold lately so I think they like the warmer tent

The two plants on the left are the raspberry cough. They are the ones that look lighter so I will try upping to 4.2 g/gallon while the big girl on the right is the darker green plant.
IMG_20191217_121232.jpg

Since I have no more soil I will be giving a week or 2 for the DK to root into the 5 gallon and after that I will transition to flower. The RC are stunted from mainlining so hopefully they don't get rootbound in the 3 gallons :nervous-guy:

I think the Raspberry cough girls are light bleached, my qb was at 200w and that would explain the symptoms. I'll be moving them to the side of the tent with less light since my DK likes the extra light a bit more.
When/how do I ramp up the watts for flowering? 10%increase a week?

Learner something important today! A lot of the sever drooping this grow was heat stress, my heater (when I would use it) wasn't shutting off when it was supposed to and was frying the girls

This picture was taken15 minutes after the pictures following this one
IMG_20191219_015823.jpg

I misted her with cool water and set a fan on her right when I noticed... She continued worsening for a minute or 2 and then stabilized...
IMG_20191219_011612.jpg

This picture and the one above it were, right before the heat stress
IMG_20191219_011616.jpg

Twisty
decent canopies on my quad girls, this one's just a bit ugly
IMG_20191219_012123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom