finally the combo ph & ec waterproof meter of hanna arrive

quantuman

am satisfied from the upgrading meter and i heve a few question hope to hear from you soon.
today i start the 2th week in 18/6 MH400w 4 mix of haze female .
i work with the ph meter by hanna and keep the ph on 5.8 whant to know what range of number i need to keep in the meter in all the test?
how mach supposed to be the tem , ppm ,ec , ph ?
and how i check this after i fill the galon with all the nuts ?
and if i need to check in the middle of the grow process ? from the day when i give the nuts antil i substitute them ?
i am very appraise on youer answer
i just mike the nuts and chek it with the new meter and i am not sure thet i understand it.
when i open it its shoe me the bett charger ,when i press its shoe me us (can be ) and after thet ppm and after thet ph and temp.
i do the test now and the ph was 5.2,the ppm was 750 and the us or whatever shoe me 1500 .
what all this ?
how can i know what range i need ?
and each week i need to do this and see difrent range ?
how it works ?
and if the number are high how i mike it geting down ?
i dont whant to mike problem with the nuts

:bravo::reading420magazine::nomo:

i dont understand these number in the combo meter , i mike it with the ph test but try to understand the ppm and ms and i dont know if this number are to high or low or like they supposed to be , i read the article of afew member but i am not sure thet i really understand it ?
i see the chart in the site but not exactly sure
what you say ?

Before you can use the meter, you must calibrate it. In order to do that, you will need calibration fluid for ph and ppm. I'm not sure which Hanna model you have, but the instructions that came with the meter should tell you which calibration fluid you need for calibrating ppm. Ph and PPM are the two levels you need to check in your nutrient and water solution. You want to measure the ph of your solution after you have mixed your nutrients, as they will alter the ph and ppm.

Did you receive a set of instructions with the meter? Are you having trouble with the instructions? I can try and walk you through it, but the instructions will do a better job. If you did not receive instructions, they are available at Hanna's website.

so i get the calibration solution and do it and i am thinking to myself when i first fill the galon with watar regular and then balance the ph to 5.8 and then after i give the rest of the nuts according to the chart thet i am working .
and then i start to work with the meter but i dont understand !!!
i mike for example 2 bottle with nuts thet each one show me different number but they dont the same ratio of nuts.
the first one was the ph 5.8 , es 1500 , ppm780 and after i mix all the nuts i chek the ph and need to get down abit.
the second was 5.8 ph , es 1400 , ppm 720 and after the ph was the same.
someone please can explain me this part
i give them today nuts for 1 and 2 week they in 18/6 in MH400w

:thanks::yummy::nomo:

Im going to assume you calibrated the meter.
start with fresh water and use your bottles directions and add the nutes.
I dont know what nutes your running but some need to be added at the correct time.
If your using GH 3 part you need to add micro first then your others..grow and bloom.
if your using something else then no problem.
never mix your nutes together ....always add them individually to the water.
after the nutes are in and the water is mixed then check and adjust PH.
a low number of 600-700 PPM is good for the 1st 2 weeks. then follow the instructions to increase it as needed weekly.
always change all your water out weekly.

i had the same problem. its the hanna combo meter the black one with white lettering. you have to hold down the left button until it reads CAL then dip in the solution clear bottle with orange/white sticker. after a few seconds LCD should read done.make sure its set at .50 ppm(calibration factor) and 1.9 in the ec(Beta). in the ph mode you do the same pour solutions in there own separate cup 4.01 and 7.01 then hold until it reads CAL and dip. should let you know its done don't take out until then. may take a moment.

ok i doen this like you say and i get difference result.
i start with regular watar after thet i give micro bloom and flowr (gh3)
i get ppm760 after thet i balance the watar and the ph was 5.8
when i start it was 6.8
its not good yet ?
and what is us in the meter ?
whan i open the meter its show me batt charg and when i press the button its switch to ppm,ph,us and temp all the time show 23c
what its mean ?

you have to change to temp factor. same way hold the left button stop when its on temp press the right it changes the factor. all that info is displayed at the touch of a button i know. the temp is always displayed in the bottom right corner at all times. press the right button to change from ec to ppm to ph. its a combo meter. oh and the left button is only for (on) and holding down(the options) only two buttons. I'm a newb but sounds like your medium might have some previous nutes in it. getting drawn back in from the cycle? i had that problem at first with my clones they were grown in a soil-less mix and then transplanted into my hydroton filled buckets. system was drawing nutes back in that were spiking my res. and cont. unit.

in the instruction it write 2.1 bata and 50 conv .
i buy it in ebay and i think i return and get new one bater maybe BLUELAB COMBO or Hanna HI9813 Grocheck portable .
but after thet i need to know what range of number each week i need to get in the test ph temp is ok but when i start to play with the ppm/ec i become confused .
but thanks on the abstract explanation :thumb: :yummy:

well i decide to give anther chance to this meter before i replace it.
but maybe please someone can able to explain me how to use this meter.
and how to get the correct number for the test ?
ph and temp is ok but when i start to understand it , i get confused .
the ppm and ec was to high i think and how should i know what number each week?
i think maybe the definition in the meter not good or something i am doing wrong .
i dont want to cause a stressed or something to the plant .
they looks verey good and healthy

Back
Top Bottom