Firecracker question

talty09

I have read many recipes. i plan to take 2 grams and mix it with all natural pb. I also plan on adding in 2-3 tablespoons of veggie oil and mixing it all together and letting it sit for 24 hours. If I do this and then cook them on 350 for 20 min in foil, would that destroy the thc already absorbed by the fat and oil?

I'm certainly not a formal expert here, but I don't think your 'letting it sit for 24 hours' aspect / approach is not going to do anything.. heat is the source that releases the THC from the bud.. so only upon applying heat will the THC be released from the bud into the peanut butter / oil.

I would suspect if you let your mixture sit for 24 hours without heat, the only thing you'd accomplish is moistening the bud leaf / fibers, thus allowing the heat to penetrate the bud / fiber more easily and thus maybe reducing the amount of time you'd need to actually cook, or apply heat..

But no THC is going to be absorbed by anything, unless you use heat to release it first..

That's my $0.02...

Cheers,

The Honk.

nah i know for a fact that if you take lets say an ounce of crushed bud and combine it with a bottle of olive oil, it will absorb the thc. same thing with a bottle of alcohol. thc is fat and alcohol soluble. applying heat only speeds up the time. my questions is when some of the thc is absorbed into the fat, will applying the heat from the oven destroy some of it, like is the thc at risk because it is isolated in the fat already.

:bigblush: LOL.. well, I'm glad I coveted myself with a caveat indicating I was not an expert and certainly am not..

I knew THC was alcohol soluble without heat; likewise with fat, but I only had knowledge that you needed to use heat to extract it from source (bud) to medium (fat).. so that's news to me.. very interesting...

RE:
my questions is when some of the thc is absorbed into the fat, will applying the heat from the oven destroy some of it, like is the thc at risk because it is isolated in the fat already.

I think the same logic would apply as baking: too high heat will break down / destroy the THC, just as with baking.. since THC is released around ~ 250--400F, I would imagine that too high heat for fat-absorbed-THC would follow the same logic; in fact I'd imagine that without the shielding / protection of the leafy fiber of the plant, your THC might be more exposed to the heat than without and thus more sensitive to heat pentetration and thus over-cooking the THC would be your next concern..

I've been baking various firecracker recipes over the last couple of months, since finding this site, and all but my most recent recipes have been baked @ 350F and I have over-cooked a couple of batches.. this was only done by very simply allowing 5-10 minutes more cooking time.. so I think there's quite a sensitive window you time and temperature wise to get your THC extracted via heat before it starts to break down.

I just tried last night actually, a firecracker recipe (haven't eaten yet: that's tonight :yummy:) and baked them @ 325F for reasons cited above; this batch seems to me much better: fully penetrated by the heat of the baking without burning / overcooking.. I'll render my results tonight or over the next few days.. depending how messed up I get... sometimes firecrackers coerce me into couch-diving sessions where I wake up the next morning with the sunshine pouring in on the couch -- right where I started.. and an angry wife to boot, wondering where I spent my night.. :biglaugh:

Back to your question: I can only imagine your fat-THC product might be more sensitive to heat than not, as you've removed some of the buffering accomplished by the plant fiber.. but then again, the solution is in peanut butter, and thus likewise protecting the THC to some degree as well.. alcohol is as naked as you can get, so I know you have be really careful with heat for those recipes / processes..

If you wish to follow my firecracker chronicling, visit:

Firecracker Potency Problem

Cheers,

The Honk.

just because the THC is dissolved into the fat doesnt mean its vapor temp changes, its simply dissolved in fat like sugar in water, still maintains all its properties

just because the THC is dissolved into the fat doesnt mean its vapor temp changes, its simply dissolved in fat like sugar in water, still maintains all its properties

Thanks Flurple... great site you pointed out there.. very handy..

Like I surmised I don't pretend to be an expert, so best I bow out of 'technical assistance' considerations as such, and let the real experienced people reply to lend fellow 420'ers the technical assistance they're asking for..

All the best with the intended baking plans, talty09, sounds like you plan might work.. stick to appropriate baking temperatures, and I think it might work.. would be very curious to know the results per any attempts you make as such..

Cheers,

The Honk.

Back
Top Bottom