First Coco Coir Grow in Eco Grow Pots - Earthboxes - Durban Poison - Bag Seeds

apnymphguy08

IMG_144314.jpg
This is my first grow ever and i just bought some eco grow pots to try a coco coir grow. Supposedly these pots are made for coco coir but im not sure what to do about the nute situation. Should i top feed it or should the plant be able to get the nutrients via the reservoir?
Durbin Poison-bag seeds not sure if indica or sativa
3 week old seedlings
Indoor Coco Coir -70% coco 30% hydroton
3 two gallon pots and 3 three gallon
400watt MH
room temp is 73 degrees
1/4 strength Fox farm Hydroponic Grow Big nutes in the reservoir and did one top feeding to soak the coco.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_144314.jpg

Plants will get the nutes from the reservoir. You're basically bottom feeding, which is what I do in coco, only I use two 3-gallon cloth pots per seedling tray.

Awesome thank you for answering my question Doctor!

Glad to have you along KingJohn.

Seedlings are now 4 weeks in to it and things are looking pretty nice. Had one of my clones die on me and haven't really had any success with them any suggestions on how to clone properly would be great! Most of the seedlings are looking like they are liking the coco so far. Also i would love suggestions on what the best nutrients are to run in coco. Ive read a lot of different things just not sure what to use. Currently im just using 1/4 strength fox farm grow big nutes and nothing else. Pics are soon to come! thanks for subscribing!

i used General Hydroponics Flora series chemical fertilizer for nutrients. if you wanted organic you could try General Organics GO box. several members here use Blue Planet Nutrients as Corey is a member here and usually responds quickly to questions. Jon705 was given a coupon code to use "led grow" for a discount. coco coir seems to require a calcium/magnesium supplement.

Blue Planet Nutrients

here is a youtube video to cloning cannabis

I hope this is helpful

I use Botanicare's organic line, plus Cal-Mag, Liquid Karma & hydroplex. If you aren't concerned about it being nonorganic, Botanicare has C17, which is specifically designed for coco.
As for clones, search for Jorge Cervantes: Taking Clones on YouTube. Follow those instructions and you won't go wrong.

Here are some pictures of the seedlings at week 5 most of them seem to be doing pretty well but some definitely better than others but that's probably to be expected with bag seeds. My buddy gave me an auto flower seed that i sprouted pretty close to the same time as the rest of these bag seeds and i put it in a hydro set up just for a fun a side project. Also i sprouted another bag seed about 2 weeks ago and just put it in the coco and it seems to be loving life so far!

Thank you John and DR. for the advice it helped me narrow down a lot of things.

DR., i checked out Jorge Cervantes and that guy is awesome! thanks for pointing me in that direction what he is doing with cannabis is unreal!

Hope you enjoy the pics! and here's to these seeds being girls!!:high-five::passitleft:

This is the durban poison that is doing the best and she is looking pretty good!
IMG_145510.jpg

Could anyone tell me what these spots on the leaves are? i thought calcium deficiency but i have been supplementing my feedings with a bit of cal mag so i dont know if it is that or not. any suggestions?
IMG_146111.jpg

This is the auto that is already starting to flower which is awesome!
IMG_146011.jpg

These are the rest. The far left plant does not look normal. but the others are doing pretty well.
IMG_145714.jpg

for coco coir you want a pH of 5.8. i do not know what the spots are from, could it be over spray from watering or are you misting your plants? if you are i would stop misting your plants and avoid any over spray on the leaves.

for coco coir you want a pH of 5.8. i do not know what the spots are from, could it be over spray from watering or are you misting your plants? if you are i would stop misting your plants and avoid any over spray on the leaves.

I have been running my pH between 5.6 and 5.9 so i dont believe it could be that. I haven't been using any sprays for the leaves or anything like that. I'm bottom feeding every 3 to 4 days so maybe too many nutrients? ive only increased my dosage by 1/4 so i'm at 1/2 strength of the recommended use.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom