First Grow! Looking For Guidance & Advice Throughout This Journey

Thabk you Sara!! Happy to be here you guys are crazy helpful! I’ll definitley be looking to you Kismet and others during my grow!!
:high-five: Sure. :D I am always around, except for the time difference,. but I will try to reply within 24 hours. :D

Hey bud. Untill a seedling goes into veg (has a few healthy nodes), I keep them under 24/0.
There is a pretty big split between the 2 options. I give my girls 18/6 during veg, but a lot of people go 24/0. 12/12 is for when you want to start flowering.
18/6 schedule during veg will give your roots better time to grow, and your plants will love the daily down time, trust me on that haha. Also will save some electricity.
24/0 will work dont get me wrong, and some strains love 24/0, but I swapped to 18/6 a long time ago because my plants were showing signs of stress and it was fixed by changing to 18/6.

Hey bud. Untill a seedling goes into veg (has a few healthy nodes), I keep them under 24/0.
There is a pretty big split between the 2 options. I give my girls 18/6 during veg, but a lot of people go 24/0. 12/12 is for when you want to start flowering.
18/6 schedule during veg will give your roots better time to grow, and your plants will love the daily down time, trust me on that haha. Also will save some electricity.
24/0 will work dont get me wrong, and some strains love 24/0, but I swapped to 18/6 a long time ago because my plants were showing signs of stress and it was fixed by changing to 18/6.
ok so do you think i should change it to 24/0 or would the sudden change stress her out?? this is how she looks now not sure if this qualifies as enough nodes for veg light sched like you said as i think she only has one?? (still a little new on the anatomy of these beauties lol). also she’ll be officially 2 weeks old (since breach) tomorrow

Attachments

• 57146957-0571-4A52-8C92-4AA2B969D6C9.jpeg
    57146957-0571-4A52-8C92-4AA2B969D6C9.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 2C373954-050C-4C6A-A94D-33C86320E305.jpeg
    2C373954-050C-4C6A-A94D-33C86320E305.jpeg
    539.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DDD3E155-0C4C-4B4B-9ECD-8670FB7CD0D1.jpeg
    DDD3E155-0C4C-4B4B-9ECD-8670FB7CD0D1.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 63
Still a seedling, but she is close, so if shes are under 18/6 then I would keep it that way, no need to change. My 2 veg tents are always 18/6, and only my small clone/seedling tent is 24/0, as recommended for seedlings and clones, but keep in mind its not a do it/dont do it and die situation like heat stress is :p, I love saving the electricity and my plants love 18/6 which is a bonus.

Im also gonna say she may be young but she looks healthy man. Not yellowing, no burning, no warping or leeching.. Whatever youre doing, she likes it :)
ah thank you brother!! that’s very reassuring haha as you can imagine i’m in a perpetual state of worry so it’s great to know im not screwing up too hard lol. Also if you look on the second picture the big leaf on the right has a sort of white tip on the edge, is that yellowing/burning or is it nothing to worry about? there’s one or two other spots like this and it’s been causing me some anxiety :rolleyes:

ah thank you brother!! that’s very reassuring haha as you can imagine i’m in a perpetual state of worry so it’s great to know im not screwing up too hard lol. Also if you look on the second picture the big leaf on the right has a sort of white tip on the edge, is that yellowing/burning or is it nothing to worry about? there’s one or two other spots like this and it’s been causing me some anxiety :rolleyes:
Excited to see your first grow. I grow in soil myself and not sure exactly how good my advice would be but everything looks good so far :) my current grow is in my signature. I’ve done both 18/6 and 24/0 and both seem to work fine as long as you maintain a good temp and humidity. I like to run 24/0 then swap to 18/6 a few weeks before flower then it’s 12/12 obviously.

Its all good mate, worrying is natural, I wouldnt worry about that bit of white, just make sure she doesnt dry out or get too wet.
Are you using any nutrients etc?
yeah im using AN coco sensi grow nutes part A and B at 1/4 strength for seedlings. just started feeding her nutes about 5 days ago and have been feeding on a semi regular basis (i left town after first feed for 2 days then fed again and now im going to do it daily/when cup feels light as per the advice i’ve gained from this forum)

Excited to see your first grow. I grow in soil myself and not sure exactly how good my advice would be but everything looks good so far :) my current grow is in my signature. I’ve done both 18/6 and 24/0 and both seem to work fine as long as you maintain a good temp and humidity. I like to run 24/0 then swap to 18/6 a few weeks before flower then it’s 12/12 obviously.
welcome to the party my man! thanks for checking out my thread and the encouraging words, your plants look amazing! hopefully i’ll be able to produce some similarly impressive results by the end of of it all!! feel free to pop in whenever and offer ur wisdom or just comment for shits and gigs:ganjamon:

welcome to the party my man! thanks for checking out my thread and the encouraging words, your plants look amazing! hopefully i’ll be able to produce some similarly impressive results by the end of of it all!! feel free to pop in whenever and offer ur wisdom or just comment for shits and gigs:ganjamon:
If you haven’t so far do some research on top’ing and fim’ing and low stress training techniques in general. Great way to increase yields. Also the thing I learned in my first two grows is that marijuana is a really resilient plant and to not be afraid to train them because unless you really mess up the plant will bounce back. While supercropping you bend the branch to a 90 degree angle and my first grow i never would have attempted it. Good luck man. There is a wealth of knowledge online

If you haven’t so far do some research on top’ing and fim’ing and low stress training techniques in general. Great way to increase yields. Also the thing I learned in my first two grows is that marijuana is a really resilient plant and to not be afraid to train them because unless you really mess up the plant will bounce back. While supercropping you bend the branch to a 90 degree angle and my first grow i never would have attempted it. Good luck man. There is a wealth of knowledge online
i’ve only skimmed info on stress training but i definitely plan on doing it, especially since i’m only growing one plant i want to get the most out of her that i can :yummy:

This guy. 100%. A serious dose of wisdom.
I have accidentally split a stem by tying down 2 tops way too tight. Split RIGHT down the middle of the stem, about an inch, no shit! I taped her back together with duct tape really tight, and after 3-4 she started growing again. Within 2 weeks it was completely healed, and ended up giving me larger buds, but I would never do this to a plant intentionally, just be careful not to snap or split anything, I have been too rough with my plants in the past :p so I still supercrop, trick is to take your time with it.
If you would like, I could do a post about it on my journal, I have 4 healthy LSD clones ready to be supercropped, and I havent done a post about it yet

I’ll be sure to check him out, i’ve been looking for good grow channels so thanks a lot!
Here is a link to his complete how to grow video. He also grows in coco, and its 50 minutes of how to grow, veg to harvest, very detailed and he explains everything really well. Hes a religeous guy, so hes super polite and extremely easy to understand

This guy. 100%. A serious dose of wisdom.
I have accidentally split a stem by tying down 2 tops way too tight. Split RIGHT down the middle of the stem, about an inch, no shit! I taped her back together with duct tape really tight, and after 3-4 she started growing again. Within 2 weeks it was completely healed, and ended up giving me larger buds, but I would never do this to a plant intentionally, just be careful not to snap or split anything, I have been too rough with my plants in the past :p so I still supercrop, trick is to take your time with it.
If you would like, I could do a post about it on my journal, I have 4 healthy LSD clones ready to be supercropped, and I havent done a post about it yet
Please do!! i need all the first account info/tutorials i can get!!

Back
Top Bottom