Jmustardo's First Indoor Coco Coir Grow!

Jmustardo

Hey everyone, not only is this my first thread, but the first forum ive been signed up and interacted with. I originally meant to keep it simple and sweet, but after reading the "How to" portion of creating a journal, I guess you will be reading a great deal of information! So ive done a decent amount of research into growing as far as what mediums to use, nutrients, etc... but ive come to the realization there is far more to learn from all of your personal experiences and expert opinions... so first off id like to thank the forum and all of its guests for potenitally getting me through my first grow! Now to the good stuff..
Im choosing indoor due to living in a dry desert with irregular weather patterns..

-Strain: 75% indica Blueberry seedling, just beginning to sprout
-Medium:Black Magic COCO COIR.
-Nutes: Floragrow/ CALiMAGic
-Pot: going to start seedling in red solo cup, but unsure what size to go and when to transplant from there.
-Light: 300W fan cooled LED. starting the seedling off with (2)150w 2600Lumen CFL.(too much?)
-Fan: USB desktop fan
-Temp/humidity: I plan on keeping temp around 20c-25c and so far ive been able to keep my mini fridge at about 50% humidity.

So since im just about to get this baby started, here is my intial plan. I have my mini fridge which is equipped with thermometer and hygrometer with CFL lights which will be hanging about 3 inches from the seedling. I plan on watering it with my slightly acidic PH balanced (no nutes yet) spray bottle until all four leaves appear. from there ill have my nutrient balanced water... now after ive established a nice plant in the week one stage i plan on moving my grow into a closet with my 300W led. I dont have a tent to grow in as of now, i planned on just using my closet. it has doors for its 18:6 hour light to dark ratio. Id say the length is about 10ft Width is 2ft and height is 6ft. I will just be growing in the corner. to keep the temperatures right ill be able to run either my house heater or a small space heater. Im just not sure how to keep humidity up?? i was thinking about a small humidifier but im not entirely sure... again, thank you for your input and advice! im open to any and everything.
I will be posting pictures and progess updates.
774ab91f78e0071f206a6162ba07febb.jpg

Hope this info helps with your coco grow. Subbed

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.

Ledrf
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

cultivator
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom