First Coco Grow Questions - Journal

Looking great! How did you go about choosing your ppm? I usually run mine higher and almost double if I drain to waste. I don't see any deficiencies... just curious. Finish strong!

I am using this feed chart created by Nebula Haze
And adjust a few things here and there.

1.jpeg

Temperatures are getting way to high for my liking during flower.
The room I have my grow in is upstairs and gets quite hot during the summer.
So picked up this Portable Air Conditioning unit to help get the temp into the 70-80*F range.
It is currently sitting at 90*F which is way to hot.
1.jpg

Also, edit from last post:

Mixed up the Late Bloom nutrients:
PPM with Flora Trio: 600
PPM after adding Shooting Powder: 800

Hey guys.
Going into the final week of nutrients and then flush, and have a few questions for anyone that can answer.

1) Is there any good advice I should Know for my first time flushing in Coco?

2) The plant on the right seems to be further along compared to the one on the left.
Should I give the plant on the left another week and flush the right plant now?

Here are some side by side pictures to compare them, thanks in advance for your help.

Left plant: still has lots of white hairs and tricomes Are still clear

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Right plant: almost all the white hairs have turned amber and are curling in, the tricomes are cloudy.

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

1) I start flushing when I see 10% amber using RO water, maybe a little Florakleen.

2) I'd give the Left one another week or until you see a little amber.

1) Is there any good advice I should Know for my first time flushing in Coco?

2) The plant on the right seems to be further along compared to the one on the left.
Should I give the plant on the left another week and flush the right plant now?

Hey gr0w -- I think you've seen how I flushed my little outdoor coco grow. I just started giving the plant the same amount of water that I had been giving it, only with no fertilizer. (I did add 1/2 tsp molasses per gallon, but I don't know if that did anything, just like I don't really know if flushing did anything...) After four days the bottom leaves started turning yellow.

If the plants are on slightly different maturation cycles, I say by all means let the less ripe on have some more time!

Buds are looking fabulous! Love the colors! :thumb:

Harvest time!!!

Time to harvest the right plant. Left plant flush started today and is looking mighty good.

I don't need to bore you with how I did it. Just cut the stems and cut the fan leaves off. Kept some of the sugar leaves on for now but will trim them off in 2-3 days.
I am drying them on a mesh drying rack and hanging it inside the tent. I left the stems on as my humidity calls for a little more of a slower dry.

Here are some pre harvest photos.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Post harvest:

4.jpg
5.jpg

I tried a washing method as I noticed some dust stuck to the buds. Check out "Doc Bud" on here for how to wash buds. I'm excited to see how good they smoke.

Will post a few more photos/ updates of the final plant and when they are in jars and dry.

Well here it is all said and done

Buds are dried and 1 week cured in the mason jars.
Weights:
Right plant: 77grams (2.75 ounces)
Left plant: 240grams (8.5 ounces)

Left Plant Pictures:

Before harvest:
1.jpg

Wet buds/ with some stems still (800grams)
2.jpg

Biggest bud:
3.jpg

The final harvest of left plant:
4.jpg

This shows that training a plant in the vegetation stage as well as a Scrog net in Flower has amazing benefits when growing. I had my doubts about it, but clearly I was wrong.

Thanks to everyone for their help with my questions!

I am going to sign off of this Journal as I will be a long way away from my next grow. I may start a new one, or add onto this!

Thanks for joining in my journey.

Great job, gr0w! Thanks for posting. I love the shot of the big box o' buds!

So whatcha gonna grow next time? ;)

Got
2 gorilla glue #4
1 blueberry
And 1 green crack

Got an idea in my head of doing a multi site drip system and something to collect all the runoff into one reservoir. Instead of using trays.

hey guys.
Heading into first week of Late Bloom.

Did a florakleen nutrient flush with 40% runoff for 1.5 hours then flushed it out with fresh ph water. Now we start the late bloom nutrient cycle.

Late Bloom PPM: I forgot to check before I added some shooting powder to the reservoir, so I will update that next res fill.

Fresh water PPM: upped to 250 ( RO water with Remo MagNifiCal and some HydroGuard)

Things are looking good, and keep pushing forward.

Left plant:
60573d81b40a0e070a4024d9b3bf0785.jpg

b843e0805d75134a24172d5800ef870b.jpg

Right plant:
ebf8eb01db2bace5685eadaa15b5ddbb.jpg

e92757f875f6147e6d258ba6e322012e.jpg

Closeups:
(Sorry, the pictures could be better but hard to hold the loupe up to my phone, looking for a better loupe to use on iPhone)
fd45020edf0b4bdd02a966fc1b91bcc2.jpg

ea11abb5369b46d401c13d228ccb5728.jpg

9f19509e8e67d71d29ac2c5c2ea9ebc2.jpg

b4d9faf32823aa560cf733ec12a3de5c.jpg
How do you like that shooting powder? I looked at it but it is a little high. Thanks bro for all the useful info in your journal that dude was a dick in that post lol

How do you like that shooting powder? I looked at it but it is a little high. Thanks bro for all the useful info in your journal that dude was a dick in that post lol

Yeah, I don't know what his deal is.

I actually really liked it, I used a very minimal amount as I wasn't using any bloom boosters in my Drain to waste setup. I noticed a big increase in bud size the last two weeks that I was using it. I would recommend it if you can get it for a good price. my next grow however I will not be using it, instead just going to use REMO Nutrients flowering products instead.

Yeah, I don't know what his deal is.

I actually really liked it, I used a very minimal amount as I wasn't using any bloom boosters in my Drain to waste setup. I noticed a big increase in bud size the last two weeks that I was using it. I would recommend it if you can get it for a good price. my next grow however I will not be using it, instead just going to use REMO Nutrients flowering products instead.
Alright I might get into that then. I used cha ching from fox farms but noticed all their additives could cause cancer. So will probably be done with fox farm after this grow

Back
Top Bottom